Page 128 of 133 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2652

Thread: Everything Trade Chatter

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    JV could put those numbers up against GS as well, and same as Miami the Raptors would be doing exactly what GS wants.
    Actually miami played an amazing game at golden state and were right in until the final 2 minutes, they kept their bigs in, destroyed the boards, and forced golden states hand to keep playing zaza pachulia.

Food for thought
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Rookie GOLDBLUM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Hawks are a really bad example to use. They simply don't have the money. Instead of going into tax to keep together a 60-win core, they are constantly choosing between keeping free agent A over free agent B. E.G. Milsap over Carrol, Milsap over Horford, Schroeder over Teague.

Hawks could have had: Teague/Korver/Carroll/Milsap/Horford as starters with Schroeder/Bazemore/Thabo/Muscala/Splitter coming off the bench. That's a talented and deep team they could have had just by paying up and re-signing their own players.
    I hope and trust we won't make the same mistake. Gotta resign Kyle and PP. Not getting any other help in free agency.

3. Like DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if gallo, chandler, and/or millsap are unattainable now

I wouldnt mind masai to kick the tires on a jared dudley deal. It would bring in another big body to throw on lebron, it would provide assurance if the whole sullinger experiment doesn't work out (i.e. he never gets healthy), and it would bring in another grizzled vet.

He could probably be had for a late first (Clippers first or even our own first) since phenix doesnt look like theyll be contending anytime soon.
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

5. Like Chefff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    if gallo, chandler, and/or millsap are unattainable now

I wouldnt mind masai to kick the tires on a jared dudley deal. It would bring in another big body to throw on lebron, it would provide assurance if the whole sullinger experiment doesn't work out (i.e. he never gets healthy), and it would bring in another grizzled vet.

He could probably be had for a late first (Clippers first or even our own first) since phenix doesnt look like theyll be contending anytime soon.
    Yeah, I'd be interested in either dudley or tucker from PHX,

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chefff wrote: View Post
    I would be interested in TJ Warren, but what you would lose to get Dudley or Tucker would be too much. Dudley doesn't improve the team enough to give up close to 10 Mill in talent.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I don't understand this repeated assertion that "Masai won't make any move unless he "wins" the trade". Is there any evidence at all for this assertion? I can't imagine MU gives a damn whether anyone thinks he "won" or "lost" a trade. What he cares about, like any GM, is whether a trade makes the team better and maximizes value for the organization. We only really know about one deal that Ujiri passed on making that was there to be had and that was the Ibaka deal at the draft. No one can make the case that failing to outbid Orlando was "too cautious" as it was clearly the right play. If there's evidence otherwise I'm glad to consider it but, until then, this is just impatient fans projecting motivations onto Ujiri to explain why they are obviously correct about making a trade NOW NOW NOW - and why that isn't happening.

These are the same criticisms that Ujiri faced in Denver during the Melo saga but he had the last laugh on that one. If I was a betting man, my guess is he'll have the last laugh this time, too.
    There was a direct quote from Zach Lowe in his podcast about the Raps. Masai may not care about the optics but he seemingly does care about winning every deal if his reputation is to be believed. Lowe has good sources and I trust his opinion pretty much above everyone.

Just today one of the Denver Stiffs writer posted this:
    Iíd wager one of the reasons you havenít seen any deals with Masai Ujiri recently is that he insists on winning every trade. So if you have someone who has that mentality you get teams who are like "Iím not helping you out".

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Hawks are a really bad example to use. They simply don't have the money. Instead of going into tax to keep together a 60-win core, they are constantly choosing between keeping free agent A over free agent B. E.G. Milsap over Carrol, Milsap over Horford, Schroeder over Teague.

Hawks could have had: Teague/Korver/Carroll/Milsap/Horford as starters with Schroeder/Bazemore/Thabo/Muscala/Splitter coming off the bench. That's a talented and deep team they could have had just by paying up and re-signing their own players.
    That 60-win core got swept by the Cavs in 2014-15, and essentially the same team less Carroll (who it appears they rightly chose not to re-sign) got swept again in 2015-16.

Not the best example, but they are NBA shorthand for a treadmill team. And that's the broader point.

Let's say the Hawks aren't bluffing and decide to keep Millsap. There was a definite window for us to add a piece who would give us a serious shot at defeating Cleveland. If we end up doing nothing because we wanted to absolutely "win" the trade, it was a missed opportunity.

All I'm saying is that taking good risks is not the same as being reckless like Colangelo, and that invoking Colangelo can't be a blanket excuse for inaction. Strategically it doesn't even make sense... The whole point of patiently amassing assets is/was ostensibly to convert them into value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    There was a direct quote from Zach Lowe in his podcast about the Raps. Masai may not care about the optics but he seemingly does care about winning every deal if his reputation is to be believed. Lowe has good sources and I trust his opinion pretty much above everyone.

Just today one of the Denver Stiffs writer posted this:
    Sounds like a writer that's bitter masai left them. How are all those jurkic and nerkic's workin out for ya denver?
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Sounds like a writer that's bitter masai left them. How are all those jurkic and nerkic's workin out for ya denver?
    Jokic is working out pretty damn well, blaming him for Denver's issues is like blaming Porzingis for the Knicks problems.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol D Rose wants $150M deal. Insanity.
    "We were one of four teams left. We can be proud of that, but not satisfied" - D. Casey

Raptors Republic Starter slamdunk23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Knicks would be the only team stupid enough to do it too. They value his brand name for ticket and jersey sales over his actual bball talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Jokic is working out pretty damn well, blaming him for Denver's issues is like blaming Porzingis for the Knicks problems.
    I still don't know which one is which. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

This guy has become a parity onto himself. He's so out of touch with reality.

Raptors Republic All-Star Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm calling bull on this.

I think he meant to say 15 but ended up saying 150. It happens to everyone occasionally.

I'm also bolding this because that's the only explanation otherwise.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy
    "We Ride with Lowry. We Die with Derozan" - Golden

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    That 60-win core got swept by the Cavs in 2014-15, and essentially the same team less Carroll (who it appears they rightly chose not to re-sign) got swept again in 2015-16.

Not the best example, but they are NBA shorthand for a treadmill team. And that's the broader point.

Let's say the Hawks aren't bluffing and decide to keep Millsap. There was a definite window for us to add a piece who would give us a serious shot at defeating Cleveland. If we end up doing nothing because we wanted to absolutely "win" the trade, it was a missed opportunity.

All I'm saying is that taking good risks is not the same as being reckless like Colangelo, and that invoking Colangelo can't be a blanket excuse for inaction. Strategically it doesn't even make sense... The whole point of patiently amassing assets is/was ostensibly to convert them into value.
    First of all, we don't even know which players truly are and aren't available. We do know that Masai tried to get in on the Ibaka deal and Milsap last summer, if he came available, which he didn't. Secondly, unless we are at the table negotiating, we really don't know what the bid/ask prices are.

Q: What's your max offer for Milsap? Ross/Powell/JV/Pat + 4 1st rounders? That's a Billy King deal right there that also doesn't make any sense for an expiring 32-year, 2nd tier star, who will want a 5-year max deal in the summer. See what I mean? We have no way of knowing if the Hawks are even being reasonable. Recent history dictates no.

The pending CBA might have created a bit more wait and see for some organizations in tenuous situations with stars. And for good reason - teams like Indy and the Kings now have a new weapon to be able to hang onto superstars, with the super-max extension.
    Last edited by golden; Wed Jan 11th, 2017 at 08:33 PM.

18. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chefff wrote: View Post
    I remember PJ's first time around in Toronto. He just didn't fit the league then and looked like he had one foot out the door. I admire his determination and I'd be happy if they landed him at a low cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I remember PJ's first time around in Toronto. He just didn't fit the league then and looked like he had one foot out the door. I admire his determination and I'd be happy if they landed him at a low cost.
    Mother Tucker must be so proud

Post Thanks / Like

Yippie ki-yay, Mother Tucker.

22. Like Rudy Bargnani liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Actually miami played an amazing game at golden state and were right in until the final 2 minutes, they kept their bigs in, destroyed the boards, and forced golden states hand to keep playing zaza pachulia.

Food for thought
    What bigs did the Heat keep in? Whiteside was great, but who else? and Zaza played only 24 minutes.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This article is mostly for Knicks schadenfreude but it inadvertently brought up the Raps. A fun diversion in the post-Millsap era of this thread

http://nypost.com/2017/01/11/the-onl...-a-pipe-dream/

25. Like Nilanka liked this post
Page 128 of 133 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast

Thread Information