Page 183 of 255 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 5085

Thread: Everything Trade Chatter

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Does Van Vleet has any trade value whatsoever? He's one step up from the mop girl.
    Yeah, Van Vleet's greatest value is to this team as a very cheap third string PG, facilitating a move of one of the other backup PGs (I'd argue Cory, just with the money crunch).

Raptors Republic Rookie c-troop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    To me the odd person out is Van Vleet. It would be easiest to move him for a future 2nd rounder, and then pick up a free agent vet who isn't playing, or bring up a player with some NBA experience in the D League like Toupane.

PJ Tucker being a free agent this off-season is discouraging. That would make him a rental. I would want someone with a controllable contract, or someone willing to play next season at the league min. Especially with KL, SI, PP going into free agency, the Raps should be looking at controllable assets.

Who they should move? Van Vleet is on top of my list, then Sullinger's expiring, then Bruno, and tentatively Corey Jo. I'd probably want a young, exciting SF for a guy like CoJo. Would prefer to keep him, but to get talent, you have to give talent.
    Fvv and Bruno don't have value on their own or even much value attached. It would just be to match roster spots in a 4+ player trade imo.

Post Thanks / Like

I think fvv is a good player, he just hasn't got mins to demonstrate value. Anyone could have signed him after the draft so that's his value, for now.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    We really don't need floor spacing from the C position.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    While they don't necessarily need floor spacing from the C position, they need to have someone who can defend the 1-5 pick and roll. Jonas doesn't have the foot speed to do so, and BeBe hasn't shown that he's able to consistently be able to effectively defend switching on the PnR. The Raptors will (hopefully) end up having to play Cleveland (Irving/Thompson), Boston (Thomas/Interchangeable), or Washington (Wall/Gortat) that can run the 1-5 PnR with a PG that can pull up and make the jumper, and/or fast enough to necessitate a switch on the PnR.

Ibaka will likely help with the 1-5 PnR defense, especially paired with Patterson, but you can't just glue Jonas and Bebe to the bench for the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    While they don't necessarily need floor spacing from the C position, they need to have someone who can defend the 1-5 pick and roll. Jonas doesn't have the foot speed to do so, and BeBe hasn't shown that he's able to consistently be able to effectively defend switching on the PnR. The Raptors will (hopefully) end up having to play Cleveland (Irving/Thompson), Boston (Thomas/Interchangeable), or Washington (Wall/Gortat) that can run the 1-5 PnR with a PG that can pull up and make the jumper, and/or fast enough to necessitate a switch on the PnR.

Ibaka will likely help with the 1-5 PnR defense, especially paired with Patterson, but you can't just glue Jonas and Bebe to the bench for the game.
    When it comes to Cleveland, the biggest concern will be the Love and Frye combo, luckily we have Pat and Ibaka to counter that now. JV will continue to play against TT for rebounding purposes. If you play Pat and Ibaka against TT, he'll dominate the glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Van Vleet have any trade value whatsoever? He's one step up from the mop girl.
    I think so. There are teams that have players that can't play at all on their rosters. He would be an upgrade for backup point guard for a few teams. It would have to be a 2nd round pick with a lot of restrictions on it. But, I think he's done enough to stay in the league, and trading him for roster space would save a bit vs cutting him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Maury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    I think so. There are teams that have players that can't play at all on their rosters. He would be an upgrade for backup point guard for a few teams. It would have to be a 2nd round pick with a lot of restrictions on it. But, I think he's done enough to stay in the league, and trading him for roster space would save a bit vs cutting him.
    I'd rather trade Cory and keep Fred. Clears up cap for resigning everyone in the summer and it removes our worst rotational player. (Maybe not as bad as Bebe but still really bad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What about Cory for Shumpert?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sam17 wrote: View Post
    What about Cory for Shumpert?
    Do rival teams trade with each other? Old school part of me says no.
    Was thinking about celts signing Hayward and we snag Crowder but my instinct said can't trade with celts.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote lewro wrote: View Post
    Do rival teams trade with each other? Old school part of me says no.
    Was thinking about celts signing Hayward and we snag Crowder but my instinct said can't trade with celts.
    Yeah zero interest in helping cleveland
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    so, with Love out, how long before LBJ and the league manufacture a trade for Melo?
    As stupid as it sounds, I can see Cavs doing Melo for Love deal NOW. James might be desperate.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cojo is pretty much the same as Greivis Vasquez in terms of trade value right?

Can we find another unsuspecting GM and get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him like we did with Greivis?

Note: Since that trade Greivis has only played in 26 NBA games.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post

Can we find another unsuspecting GM and get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him like we did with Greivis?

Leaving Toronto visibly sucked the life out of him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Grand Larceny is a felony. Masai's boarder privileges will assuredly be revoked. He's lucky Trump wasn't Tiny Hands in Chief when he looted Milwaukee.

Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for Greivis.. injuries killed him

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably very similar but that Milwaukee trade was crazy.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Bill Simmons' characterization of Vasquez as an "irrational confidence guy", lol.

We all have that one buddy who sucks at sports, but has an inexplicable Jordan-esque swagger.

19. Like Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Bill Simmons' characterization of Vasquez as an "irrational confidence guy", lol.

We all have that one buddy who sucks at sports, but has an inexplicable Jordan-esque swagger.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

21. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the last time I read Doug using the phrase "league sources", so maybe this has an ounce of value, but it probably means you can say goodbye to a couple of our young assets:

Raptors

HAVE: League sources insist Toronto will not give away any more young assets such as Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl, Lucas Nogueira, Pascal Siakam, Norm Powell or Fred VanVleet, but that doesn’t mean a package can’t be put together. They have the expiring contract of Jared Sullinger, another 2017 first-round draft pick and a glut of point guards they could put together.

NEED: The roster imbalance was addressed by the departure of wing Terrence Ross for Ibaka, but Toronto still could use an offensively creative big small forward.
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...line-buzz.html

Page 183 of 255 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 ... LastLast

Thread Information