Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marc gasol

Comment

• Noguiera + draft pick for Tyson Chandler?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I strongly disagree on the last point. Our biggest issue so far has been defending the point of attack, which is most often one of the opponents guards/wings. We are getting poor individual performances there as well as what looks like slippage in the system compared to last year. Our guys can't stay in front of anyone, and we're conceding the middle a lot on our p'n'r D, which is a disaster. Even off the ball Demarre and Demar are getting caught ball watching a lot leaving guys open for cuts and shots.

Im terrified that we're slowly shedding all the principles put in place with Greer last season and that by year's end we'll be back to "scramble" D.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        Letting guys go to the paint without actually icing the screen (like last season) is a mess

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Noguiera + draft pick for Tyson Chandler?
          Chandler makes $12m

Comment

• Gasol is shooting 40% on 3s. 3.5 assists. Good defender.
            Jv is much younger and would work in the Memphis system with Conley. Both have 3yrs guaranteed left.
            Noel might be able to play pf with gasol and play small ball 5 for 18 mins.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Chandler makes $12m
              Terrence Ross + bebe = forward issues solved?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Terrence Ross + bebe = forward issues solved?

Actually no leave out Bebe that's too much.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• This thread has become a fantasy trade thread. There will no trade Gentlemen. This is not MU's style.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    This thread has become a fantasy trade thread. There will no trade Gentlemen. This is not MU's style.
                    I don't think is true. Masai has made and nearly has made a number of trades over the years including during the season. (Gay, Lowry nearly being traded being the most prominent examples).

I think Masai just hasn't seen the right piece available and I can't blame him.

He only has 1 shot at this.

However, I do think there is a good chance a forward he likes will be available at the deadline (like Gallinari, or Chandler or Ibaka) which could lead to a move.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                      I don't think is true. Masai has made and nearly has made a number of trades over the years including during the season. (Gay, Lowry nearly being traded being the most prominent examples).

I think Masai just hasn't seen the right piece available and I can't blame him.

He only has 1 shot at this.

However, I do think there is a good chance a forward he likes will be available at the deadline (like Gallinari, or Chandler or Ibaka) which could lead to a move.
                      About the only name of those 3 that I would have even a little interest in is Chandler and it would have to be a deal that comes somewhat cheap...given his health/injury history I'm not even sure I like a straight swap of Ross for Chandler even though WC is much better suited as a forward.

Gallo is possibly the most injury prone player in the league and is a bad defender so he's a huge hell no imo and Ibaka is washed up and will be seeking a huge extension so another big hell to the no. If we were going to gamble on a player coming off an injury I would look at Middleton first being that he's younger, more likely to bounce back, plays good defence and would be exactly the level of scorer we need at SF.

Comment

• Cory + 2pat works for Chandler money wise.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Cory + 2pat works for Chandler money wise.

No way am I doing that

Comment

• I
                            JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            About the only name of those 3 that I would have even a little interest in is Chandler and it would have to be a deal that comes somewhat cheap...given his health/injury history I'm not even sure I like a straight swap of Ross for Chandler even though WC is much better suited as a forward.

Gallo is possibly the most injury prone player in the league and is a bad defender so he's a huge hell no imo and Ibaka is washed up and will be seeking a huge extension so another big hell to the no. If we were going to gamble on a player coming off an injury I would look at Middleton first being that he's younger, more likely to bounce back, plays good defence and would be exactly the level of scorer we need at SF.
                            Here's the case for any of those three:

As a preliminary note, I think one of the major reasons that we would be interested is they would actually be available for a price we could stomach. This is since Ibaka and Gallo are expiring and Chandler has a year left, their teams are unlikely to make the playoffs and have young replacements. Someone like Middleton who I agree is a beast would cost alot more (Middleton also has the problem of likely not being available at 100% any time this season).

Chandler-The reason you would rather him than Ross is because Chandler can play the 2-4 and is a better defender for the Raptors against the guys the Cavaliers have (I think he can credible guard JR, Shump, Lebron, Love, Frye albeit with differing levels of success). He also seems to have hit a new level this year. I think his price might be the highest because of all these reasons.

Gallo- Yes he's injury prone and he isn't the best on defense but he provides length combined with 3 point shooting that will allow him to be a valuable 4 for us. This is important because you need a guy who can stretch out on defense (and Gallo can do that) to cover the guys the Cavaliers have such as Frye and Love. I'm not sure he can guard Love in the post. He also would be a nice player to feature with the second unit and provide us that 3rd player we lack (and especially need when one of Kyle or DeMar rest).

Ibaka-Like is he washed or is he in a terrible situation? I havn't watched enough Magic basketball to answer this but if you put him in a situation where his defensive skillset is better used, he can be valuable. He can shoot and play the backup 5 as well which is important because I'm not exactly comfortable of 20 Bebe playoff minutes per game.

The other guys rumoured out there who play a frontcourt position outside of dream players like Boogie or Millsap (who I don't think will be available) are guys like Faried and Noel who I'm not sure are better fits.

The guy I think there is a small chance could be moved and who I would love the Raptors to gamble on is Derrick Favors (who has his own injury issues) who is super talented and fits nicely with our core imo.

Comment

Cory + 2pat works for Chandler money wise.

Add Jameer in there and that's a good trade

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Add Jameer in there and that's a good trade
                                Nah I want Wright to get a shot.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X