No announcement yet.

Preseason game #3 :Raptors vs Clippers 10:30 et

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady's shot, height & play style reminds me of Mark Price.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• was really liking van fleet he was showing hes got nice poise and can run the team well. Brady just fills a role we need, he showed he can run the O well enough that if we really do come down to needing a 3rd PG before delons he should be okay to eat minutes up. I like van fleet tho be nice to keep him in the 905 but i would think another NBA team would take a shot at him
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        was really liking van fleet he was showing hes got nice poise and can run the team well. Brady just fills a role we need, he showed he can run the O well enough that if we really do come down to needing a 3rd PG before delons he should be okay to eat minutes up. I like van fleet tho be nice to keep him in the 905 but i would think another NBA team would take a shot at him
        Yea Van Vleet will definitely get picked up. But as you said I think you just can't turn down a deadly shooter like that. Especially since we don't have that many good CONSISTENT 3 point shooters on our team.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          was really liking van fleet he was showing hes got nice poise and can run the team well. Brady just fills a role we need, he showed he can run the O well enough that if we really do come down to needing a 3rd PG before delons he should be okay to eat minutes up. I like van fleet tho be nice to keep him in the 905 but i would think another NBA team would take a shot at him
          GLF wrote: View Post
          Yea Van Vleet will definitely get picked up. But as you said I think you just can't turn down a deadly shooter like that. Especially since we don't have that many good CONSISTENT 3 point shooters on our team.
          But do you see Casey putting Heslip into his 9-10 man rotation, though?

To me, if the choices are:

1. A 3rd PG fully capable of playing 17 mpg (if Lowry or Cojo get injured) but is otherwise relegated to garbage minutes.
          OR
          2. A deadly sniper who is only relegated to garbage minutes.

I'd choose option 1. Option 2 is completely worthless if not in the rotation.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Brady's shot, height & play style reminds me of Mark Price.
            Is this going to be this season's "Norman Powell is DWade/Westbrook/etc"?
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Let's not get carried away here. Mark Price was a 4x All-Star and one of the best 3PT shooters of his era-- and NBA history. We don't even know if Heslip is going to stick. He's not the iso-type of guard that can take his man off the dribble that Casey prefers to run offense through.

Comment

• I said this a week ago and stand by it....

golden wrote: View Post
                I'd keep Brady, just for the threat of his 3-pt shot in end-of-game and last shot situations. You could do offense/defense substitutions like they were doing with Biz. Opposing teams would have no choice but to guard him.

VanVleet looks like a nice, all-around player, but Brady has a truly elite skill - a stone cold gunner. He could be our Bulls era Steve Kerr.
                http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...l=1#post681355

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  But do you see Casey putting Heslip into his 9-10 man rotation, though?

To me, if the choices are:

1. A 3rd PG fully capable of playing 17 mpg (if Lowry or Cojo get injured) but is otherwise relegated to garbage minutes.
                  OR
                  2. A deadly sniper who is only relegated to garbage minutes.

I'd choose option 1. Option 2 is completely worthless if not in the rotation.
                  VanVleet got eaten up by CP3, so is he really capable of defending NBA quality PGs? I know it's CP3, but still Fred has to be able to slow him down a little bit, since defense is his strength and CP3 is getting old. Are we going to sub him out every time the starting point guard goes back into the game? Even backup PGs are pretty good these days - it's possibly the deepest position in the NBA.

I look at it a bit differently than your options. You could actually use Brady in ANY game, e.g., end-of-game, end-of-quarters and he can help you steal a few points directly or indirectly. Fred is strictly insurance, and you may never use him if nobody gets injured and Delon comes back.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    VanVleet got eaten up by CP3, so is he really capable of defending NBA quality PGs? I know it's CP3, but still Fred has to be able to slow him down a little bit, since defense is his strength and CP3 is getting old. Are we going to sub him out every time the starting point guard goes back into the game? Even backup PGs are pretty good these days - it's possibly the deepest position in the NBA.

I look at it a bit differently than your options. You could actually use Brady in ANY game, e.g., end-of-game, end-of-quarters and he can help you steal a few points directly or indirectly. Fred is strictly insurance, and you may never use him if nobody gets injured and Delon comes back.
                    I agree that Casey can use Heslip in any game/situation. But I doubt very much that Casey will use him. That's why I'd lean towards VanVleet strictly as PG insurance.

Edit: And agree that once Delon comes back, VanVleet is worthless.

Comment

I know Brady looked very good....but not for injuries Mark Price would be respected even more than he is now. He would flourish in today's game. Having said that it is evident that Brady has worked on his all round game.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        I agree that Casey can use Heslip in any game/situation. But I doubt very much that Casey will use him. That's why I'd lean towards VanVleet strictly as PG insurance.
                        Last possession where you need a 3 to tie, with no time for a rebound, name 5 Raptor 3-pt shooters you'd want in the game? Lowry, Ross, Patterson & ??? & ???

But you're right. Casey would almost certainly have DeMar and CoJo as the last 2 guys even though they suck at 3's and would allow the defense to sag off and guard our good 3-pt shooters even tighter. Even then, Patterson and Ross are wildly inconsistent.

Comment

• All I know is the D league team will look very good if they are shuffling these guys back and forth. What a fantastic asset that is to have 20 minutes away. Where is Bruno's shot....his defensive activity and ball handling have improved but his shot is lost.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                            Is this going to be this season's "Norman Powell is DWade/Westbrook/etc"?
                            Norm seems to be pressing or uncomfortable in the preseason but he usually is the focal point of the defense when playing with the rooks

Comment

Mark Price? let's not get too carried away.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Everybody jizzing their pants over Heslip's shooting ability needs to remember that, at best, he's an average passer and playmaker, he's not particularly good off the dribble, and he has shown no ability to play NBA-level defense - like, not even a little bit.

Guys who can shoot 40% from three and who still aren't in the NBA at the age of 26 are usually not in the NBA for a reason. Like, Heslip is the same age as Seth Curry. Seth Curry was a marginal NBA player until this past season, is still a bench player at best, and Curry is a better shooter than Heslip is and taught himself to play at least some defense. Heslip is not as good at basketball as someone who for years was barely in the league.

And you're all clamoring for him over VanVleet - who is A) better at everything except shooting than Heslip, and that includes defense, and VanVleet is three inches shorter than Heslip is, and B) was a .386 three-point shooter in college anyway so it's not like he's any slouch at being a sniper.

Man, why not just sign Jimmer Fredette? He's GREAT at shooting the ball! Jimmermania!

Comment

Working...
                                X