Looking beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking beyond

I think with the current roster, the Raptors will make to the playoff but won't be a contender. Face it, Lowry is aging, we don't have backup for DMC and our front court plays no defense like Biyombo does. This roster needs some tweaking.

Trade Proposal during midseason
    Toronto out Kyle Lowry, Terrence Ross, 2017 1st round pick
    Toronto in Danilo Galinari, Kenneth Faried, 2017 1st round pick

Our Roster
    Joseph, Wright
    Derozan, Powell
    DMC, Galinari, Bruno
    Faried, Sullinger, Ppat, Siakam
    Val, Bebe, Poeltl

- I see both Poeltl and Siakam in the dleague majority of their time with maybe Siakam pull a Norman Powell later in the season
    - Getting Faried is a lateral move who we can use him as a trade bait in the summer.
    - Galinari is our sixth man and his expiring and will come handy when playoff comes around, we need that outside touch and if DMC goes down, we have a backup SF.
    - Give Joseph the mantle

2017 summer
    - we have two draft picks, with one possibly in the lottery, Nuggets pick. Next year it's loaded. We draft a PG, Ball, Ntiklina, Dennis Smith.
    - we use the later pick for a backup SG, OG Anuoby, Justin Jackson, Tyler Langdon
    - We trade Kenneth Faried for Serge Ibaka (sign and trade). Faried get to play more athletic basketball with the Magic while we get a true PF.
    - We resign Jared Sullinger to a three year deal if he has a decent season with us or let him walk and resign Patrick Patterson
    - We sign a few savvy veteran, Vince Carter and Tyson Chandler

Next year
    PG, Joseph, Wright
    Derozan, Powell, SG
    DMC, Galinari, Vince
    Ibaka, JSullinger, Siakam
    Jonas, TChandler, Poeltl

Yuck? Trading for Gallo or Faried makes sense to add to Lowry. Not in a trade for him. If we trade Lowry now we'd better be getting back top-end prospects who could one day be as good as him.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah this price is way way way to high. I think if you make a trade. You will have to end up giving up picks and break up the bench unit. Someone like 2 pat+ TRoss for Milsap. And you throw in the clippers pick.

Comment

Working...
      X