X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors & Blue Jays: They're Bros.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/ml...hers-1.3802262
    Demarre Carroll:
    "It's crazy, man," said forward DeMarre Carroll. "Just to see how the city gets behind their team, we feel like the Blue Jays are kind of like our brothers, we want them to go as far or further than we went. We have to stick together and I feel like: one team, one country. That's the motto we have to take and the Blue Jays are doing real good now and hopefully it doesn't stop there and they can win a World Series."

Dwane Casey:
    "Winning is contagious and I said this the other night at our team dinner," Casey said. "It's great for us to experience the Blue Jays winning, for the guys to go to the games and feel the passion that the fans have, and winning. There's a pride in that. I feel it for the Blue Jays. The players feel it and hopefully [the Jays]*felt it for us. Anything we can do to be a part of that, to go see it, to watch it, to have something to pull for, it's great for us, it's great for the city."

Demar Derozan:
    "Sometimes you want to get out of your element of being so caught up, and stressed over your own job, you want to be able to cheer on somebody else's profession, in your own city, and watch them perform instead of you worrying about the preparation, you going against your own opponent," DeRozan said. "Now we get to sit back, relax and enjoy."

Gotta love how the Raps are embracing the Blue Jays, just like they did the Raps on their run. Gotta say, its a pretty good time to be a Toronto Sports fan!

DeMar looks good in blue. He actually kinda looks like a pitcher in that pic.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Chris Bosh wrote:
      This isn't a hockey town anymore!!!
      #thingsdonechanged

Comment

Auston Matthews though
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Auston Matthews though
          Finish the sentence "...though they still lost."

With that said; I don't follow hockey, but he looks like he's going to be something special.

I really do like that the Toronto teams do genuinely seem to be embracing each other. Now the Jays just need to avenge that Raptors loss. We can't be losing to Cleveland again. That city will never shut up about it if they take us out twice in one year.
          Last edited by Just Is; Thu Oct 13, 2016, 04:05 PM.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

From a SportsNet.ca article

NAOKO ASANO OCTOBER 2, 2015, 9:54 AM
            BURNABY, B.C.— Rookie athletes tend to be a little more forthright—a little less wary, maybe—than hardened veterans, and Norman Powell is no exception. The 22-year-old Toronto Raptors newcomer recently attended his first Blue Jays game—the tickets were a gift courtesy of Toronto starter Marcus Stroman—and when asked about his baseball fandom during this week’s training camp, Powell made a confession of sorts. “I had fun,” he said before admitting, somewhat sheepishly, “Growing up, I was a Yankees fan.”

If Powell has a rookie’s openness—freely admitting to having cheered for Toronto’s division rival, their baseball nemesis—he is otherwise not your average rookie. That’s according to head coach Dwane Casey, who this week praised Powell’s poise and his drive, calling him “a tough kid.”

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
              From a SportsNet.ca article

NAOKO ASANO OCTOBER 2, 2015, 9:54 AM
              BURNABY, B.C.— Rookie athletes tend to be a little more forthright—a little less wary, maybe—than hardened veterans, and Norman Powell is no exception. The 22-year-old Toronto Raptors newcomer recently attended his first Blue Jays game—the tickets were a gift courtesy of Toronto starter Marcus Stroman—and when asked about his baseball fandom during this week’s training camp, Powell made a confession of sorts. “I had fun,” he said before admitting, somewhat sheepishly, “Growing up, I was a Yankees fan.”

If Powell has a rookie’s openness—freely admitting to having cheered for Toronto’s division rival, their baseball nemesis—he is otherwise not your average rookie. That’s according to head coach Dwane Casey, who this week praised Powell’s poise and his drive, calling him “a tough kid.”
              I'm surprised that the media is surprised by Powell's comment. Why did they expect him to lie about his favourite team?

Comment

Working...
              X