The Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lol, if Harvey drives this, I may have to sell it.
    Haha. Does the model's exhaust produce a "growl" ? ...I am not being flippant!

Comment

Now I just need to teach my wife how to drive a stick, lol.
      *insert sexual joke here*

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
        *insert sexual joke here*

Comment

Any BMW or Audi owners in the group? Good experiences? Bad experiences?
          I bought a mint 2010 Q5 this summer. Barely driven over the last 7 years. Only had 45,000 kms on it and it's been amazing for me since I bought it.

If I can recommend one thing, if you're more of a city driver rather than rural highway driver, take your car in regardless of the service notification every 5,000 kms for an oil change. Audi engines are unique and alot harder when it comes to oil than other engines. It will help prolong your engine's life span and prevent oil contamination which in turn will make your engine work harder and cause you to fill up with gas more frequently.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
            I bought a mint 2010 Q5 this summer. Barely driven over the last 7 years. Only had 45,000 kms on it and it's been amazing for me since I bought it.

If I can recommend one thing, if you're more of a city driver rather than rural highway driver, take your car in regardless of the service notification every 5,000 kms for an oil change. Audi engines are unique and alot harder when it comes to oil than other engines. It will help prolong your engine's life span and prevent oil contamination which in turn will make your engine work harder and cause you to fill up with gas more frequently.
            That's good advice, thanks! I was planning on following the 15,000km service periods, but I may have to expedite that now. Most of my 70 km/day commute is city/sub-urban roads.

Comment

Anyone have a 2016 or above Honda Civic Touring? Been looking into the 2018 which hasnt really changed since 2016. Pros/Cons?

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                Anyone have a 2016 or above Honda Civic Touring? Been looking into the 2018 which hasnt really changed since 2016. Pros/Cons?
                I'm buying the 2018 Civic LX today..base model...too cheap for the trim. I found the .99% made it basically as cheap as a slightly used car with 4 grand knocked off, with a better warranty
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I'm buying the 2018 Civic LX today..base model...too cheap for the trim. I found the .99% made it basically as cheap as a slightly used car with 4 grand knocked off, with a better warranty
                  Nice. I ended up trading in my old car and getting the 2018 Touring trim at a decent price. Very happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Machine wrote: View Post
                    Nice. I ended up trading in my old car and getting the 2018 Touring trim at a decent price. Very happy with it.

Yeah Honda's great for that..my car ran into issues where it needs a tow to get there, they're still taking it and giving me some money back...

I really wanted the touring..sedan coupe or hatchback?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah Honda's great for that..my car ran into issues where it needs a tow to get there, they're still taking it and giving me some money back...

I went with the sedan tho I like the coupe too

Comment

And yeah, honestly i was shocked at how much they offered me for my car considering all they did was a walk-around and never once turned the ignition or took it for a test drive. I will say the best offers come from the gta or surrounding areas. I was offered $2000 less for my car as a trade-in from a northern dealership.

Comment

Well folks, I bit the bullet on Saturday and purchased this beauty. I pick it up next weekend. Can't wait!

Now I just need to teach my wife how to drive a stick, lol.
                          So in less than a year, I concluded that my wife's inability to drive a stick was too impractical. Not to mention that I threw my back out trying to get my 4yr old into the back seat (lol). So I swapped the Audi for this:

Not as fun-to-drive as a supercharged V6, but still a great place to be. And much more family-friendly.

Comment

So in less than a year, I concluded that my wife's inability to drive a stick was too impractical. Not to mention that I threw my back out trying to get my 4yr old into the back seat (lol). So I swapped the Audi for this:

Not as fun-to-drive as a supercharged V6, but still a great place to be. And much more family-friendly.
                            Congrats man! That's awesome! Can't see, is it the 3 or the 5 series?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                              Congrats man! That's awesome! Can't see, is it the 3 or the 5 series?
                              Thanks man! It's a 535i. I'm just waiting for the pre-purchase inspection to make it official.

Comment

Thanks man! It's a 535i. I'm just waiting for the pre-purchase inspection to make it official.

Comment

Working...
                                X