Toronto @ Washington 7pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    derozan has a team worst -34 +/- in this game.
    The Wizards were content to let him do his thing and stay home on everyone else. It worked. But -34? Yikes.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      did a 360 dunk in practice and tweaked his ankle
      Such a Ross move. Canada was not shocked about it happening

Comment

• Washington having Scott Brooks as the HC is making me take them seriously... I mean it

Comment

• Wasn't there to see most of it, but seemed like a fun game judging by the last few pages of gamethread
          OG is our king

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              game almost over and raptors combine for 8 assists. lol.
              That is super lol-worthy. No starter other than Lowry recorded an assist. And the Raps finished the preseason last in the NBA in assists. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              derozan has a team worst -34 +/- in this game.
              Siakam was -30 in 19 minutes, DD -34 in 30 minutes. Not an excuse but that's where some of the impact came from.

Poor Bruno was -11 in 6 minutes, and only recorded a single rebound and a foul.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                http://baltak.com/nb1.php

Make sure you got adblock.
                Thanks..we went out for dinner...just back and it appears I didn't t miss much ...
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Oct 21, 2016, 11:21 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  lol @ the thought of dwane starting 2pat.

also how are we still in the damn pre-season?
                  Longest pre-season ever. I feel pre-season used to only be like a week. Now its a frigging month long.

Comment

• Thank god that's over.

Everyone was pretty awful. Siakam absolutely cannot start. Does not fit at all with that group.

JV might have had his worst game ever, so that's no fun. Lost defensively (though everyone was pretty awful on that end). No idea what he thought he was doing offensively. No fight at all in the post, just settled for jumper after jumper. He'd better put this game behind him quick, we're going to need him killing it with Sully and BeBe out.

Then again, Lowry couldn't pass to save his life, DeMar was a bigger scorer for the Wiz than for us with his insanely bad defence, though obviously his offensive night was pretty great, even Carroll was getting lost on defence (and being used as a pick and roll ball handler for some reason). I sure hope Joseph doesn't miss much time, need him badly for the bench to run smoothly and he's a key cog in those small lineups they tried tonight.

Ugh, lets just move on. Regular season time.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Thank god that's over.

Everyone was pretty awful. Siakam absolutely cannot start. Does not fit at all with that group.

JV might have had his worst game ever, so that's no fun. Lost defensively (though everyone was pretty awful on that end). No idea what he thought he was doing offensively. No fight at all in the post, just settled for jumper after jumper. He'd better put this game behind him quick, we're going to need him killing it with Sully and BeBe out.

Then again, Lowry couldn't pass to save his life, DeMar was a bigger scorer for the Wiz than for us with his insanely bad defence, though obviously his offensive night was pretty great, even Carroll was getting lost on defence (and being used as a pick and roll ball handler for some reason). I sure hope Joseph doesn't miss much time, need him badly for the bench to run smoothly and he's a key cog in those small lineups they tried tonight.

Ugh, lets just move on. Regular season time.
                      I was really hoping Siakam would show me something tonight. I agree; under no circumstances can he start. JV looked as lethargic as I've ever seen him, though everyone else was disinterested too. Not often we see that much of a non-effort from everyone, but if JV doesn't bring it, we're in for a world of hurt.

And what's up with Lowry's passing? He's not a great distributor, but he was throwing one-handed prayers that had no hope of hitting the target in the hands. The lob he threw to Jonas from behind the 3-point line sticks out to me; 3 Wizards had time to collapse on him before it even got there.

Not sure what to think of Carroll losing cutters so often. Or DeMar. Oh boy. The Wizards made their minds up that they were content to contest his shots and pay attention to everyone else. He scored well, but he gave it right back on defence. It takes a special kind of apathy to manage 8 assists in a 48 minute game while making the Wizards look like the Warriors with all that ball movement.

Comment

• So what the hell happened to Jonas back in Rio? I really hope he takes some time off next summer.

Comment

• Geez does JV's self esteem seem fragile.

From looking like an all-star to coming off the bench for Bebe...ok not quite that bad but close enough. #keptthewrongcenter #teambiz lol

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Geez does JV's self esteem seem fragile.

From looking like an all-star to coming off the bench for Bebe...ok not quite that bad but close enough. #keptthewrongcenter #teambiz lol
                            You know In regards to JV's mental state it's amazing earlier in the preseason how Leo had it pegged. Sometime's people in the media who are close to the team and have a common heritage understand the players more than the coaches. When Kyle was up and down in the playoff's I think Alvin Williams had the best perspective of why and Alvin has known Kyle for ever.

Comment

• Don't make too many judgments off preseason guys, there's not much cause for concern. Sometimes good players just play a little bit worse than their best in preseason, he should be fine when things start up for real.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                You know In regards to JV's mental state it's amazing earlier in the preseason how Leo had it pegged. Sometime's people in the media who are close to the team and have a common heritage understand the players more than the coaches. When Kyle was up and down in the playoff's I think Alvin Williams had the best perspective of why and Alvin has known Kyle for ever.
                                What did Leo say?
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X