Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    That was satisfying watching durant and curry get stomped on home court in their debut. And they're under .500! I mean, they'll still win 60 plus games and likely the championship, but we'll always have October 25th.
    Their bench needs serious help. If I'm Kerr, I'm looking at mixing up the lineups a bit.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      Their bench needs serious help. If I'm Kerr, I'm looking at mixing up the lineups a bit.
      Warriors are going to need to seriously stagger their lineups. You have 2 potential 25-30ppg scorers (KD/Steph), a potential 20-25ppg guy (Klay) and a potential 15-20ppg guy (Draymond). It's going to be difficult to maximize all of that potential when they're all playing together.

Adding a > 30% USG guy to your lineup is like an organ transplant - it's a huge risk/reward and could easily get rejected. That's one reason why combining superstars doesn't always work out, for those people clamoring for the Raps to add a > 30% USG "pseudo star" like DeMarcus Cousins.

Comment

• I'm so ready! Let's get off to a good start!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Warriors are going to need to seriously stagger their lineups. You have 2 potential 25-30ppg scorers (KD/Steph), a potential 20-25ppg guy (Klay) and a potential 15-20ppg guy (Draymond). It's going to be difficult to maximize all of that potential when they're all playing together.

Adding a > 30% USG guy to your lineup is like an organ transplant - it's a huge risk/reward and could easily get rejected. That's one reason why combining superstars doesn't always work out, for those people clamoring for the Raps to add a > 30% USG "pseudo star" like DeMarcus Cousins.
          Do you bring one of klay or Draymond off the bench? They have such little interior defense maybe you look at getting Draymond more minutes at the 4, or klay being 6th man of the decade off the bench scoring..either way the hot takes will be pure entertainment if they struggle at all
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Warriors problems are a lot simpler than that I think. They simply got buried on the boards. Losing the rebounding battle 64-41, and getting basically nothing from any of your centers, is a problem for them.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Do you bring one of klay or Draymond off the bench? They have such little interior defense maybe you look at getting Draymond more minutes at the 4, or klay being 6th man of the decade off the bench scoring..either way the hot takes will be pure entertainment if they struggle at all
              The real answer, which would never happen, is that you bring Durant off the bench in the Ginobili role; since KD can totally carry a starting lineup by himself, let alone have him completely destroy opposing team's benches. Iggy goes back to the starting lineup where he already fits.

Comment

The real answer, which would never happen, is that you bring Durant off the bench in the Ginobili role; since KD can totally carry a starting lineup by himself, let alone have him completely destroy opposing team's benches. Iggy goes back to the starting lineup where he already fits.
                As you said would never happen (ego) and as Barolt said the far bigger issue is no interior defense or rebounding.

It's comforting in these days and times to have a competent 7 foot "lug" on our team when everybody talks about them going the way of the dinosaur. Turns out the hoop is still 10 feet tall, and scoring really close to it is a good thing.

Comment

• Nice having Raptors Bball back again

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    The Warriors problems are a lot simpler than that I think. They simply got buried on the boards. Losing the rebounding battle 64-41, and getting basically nothing from any of your centers, is a problem for them.
                    I really hope OKC showed everybody something, that you actually can stick with size vs GS and have some success.

Would also think everybody will be physical with Steph all year now, not just in the spring.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I really hope OKC showed everybody something, that you actually can stick with size vs GS and have some success.

Would also think everybody will be physical with Steph all year now, not just in the spring.
                      Yep and that effect is going to really be magnified without Bogut (which is what Cleveland really took advantage in the last few games). I just hope when we play them we have enough sense to just let JV bully the absolute joke of a set of centers they have down low. Obviously they can still go small and try to take advantage of that but that's even more reason to continue pounding it inside instead of just reacting to what they're doing.

They're not unbeatable and they do have flaws that can be exploited. I think a team like Utah in the playoffs could be a surprisingly tough out for them.

Comment

• It's a good thing they signed JaVale

/pinkfont

(wait...are we doing that again this year?)

Anyway, it's just one game. GS is going to settle their nerves by beating New Orleans by 50 and over 80 more games they're going to figure out some things and will be terrifying. Not unbeatable like the hype train suggested though, but close enough.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          The issue is that there is less and less of those type of bigs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                          Also appears to be less and less SGs that can't shoot.

Comment

• It's game day! Hallelujah!
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 3D whiteout

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                3D whiteout

I would probably not wear the glasses for more than 30 seconds to check it out..MLSE hits with some things (we the north...um hiring masai and tim) but they get some really corny ideas

Comment

Working...
                                X