No announcement yet.

#FreeNorman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ross played better in training camp. He earned the right to get the first look. There just isn't enough minutes for everybody. If Ross keeps playing bad than Norm will take his minutes.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
      What did you think he lacked during the playoffs?
      He really didn't play too well when you think about it, especially against the Heat but he is a rookie and he did show flashes of being a good player, shot very well and didn't crumble under pressure in a Game 7, played great defense against George in one of the games. Ross on the other hand, played terribly.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
        He really didn't play too well when you think about it, especially against the Heat but he is a rookie and he did show flashes of being a good player, shot very well and didn't crumble under pressure in a Game 7, played great defense against George in one of the games. Ross on the other hand, played terribly.
        I don't get the.. whole Norman didn't play too well thing :S
        I thought he did great in a sense that he slightly exceeded the role he was given
        Where as... everytime Ross comes onto the floor, I just can't help but to think 'omg can u go back to the bench already'

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Ross played better in training camp. He earned the right to get the first look. There just isn't enough minutes for everybody. If Ross keeps playing bad than Norm will take his minutes.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          Which takes me back to my previous point...
          I mean.. just how many times are we going to do the same thing and expect different results...???
          Wouldn't this by definition be insanity?

Comment

I really hope this is to showcase Ross for a trade because if not this is total bs but even then it doesn't make sense because Carroll is constantly struggling with injuries so he shouldn't be logging heavy minutes especially when he isn't a 100% according to himself and staff so really there is no justifciation.

Comment

New JJ
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Ross has more of a track record, so he plays. Helps us with his trade value, though I'm sure that's not why Casey is playing him. Powell will get time if/when we have a wing injury. Reality of having a lot of young guys on a team - someone is going to be shafted minutes. I've been saying all summer that we only have minutes for one of the two of them.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Ross has more of a track record, so he plays. Helps us with his trade value, though I'm sure that's not why Casey is playing him. Powell will get time if/when we have a wing injury. Reality of having a lot of young guys on a team - someone is going to be shafted minutes. I've been saying all summer that we only have minutes for one of the two of them.
                  Agreed but I didn't expect the extreme of 0 mins when Ross is invisible. Think he might've helped us last game.

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
                    Agreed but I didn't expect the extreme of 0 mins when Ross is invisible. Think he might've helped us last game.
                    Ross only played 14 minutes anyways. So if you figure it takes 6-8 minutes to establish Ross isn't having a good game(which if you're referring to his scoring, I'm not sure what more Powell would have done with Ross' 11 touches, and 0 catch and shoot opportunities), you'd only have ~5 minutes left for Powell based on that anyways. It's not like Ross played 20-30 minutes.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Ross only played 14 minutes anyways. So if you figure it takes 6-8 minutes to establish Ross isn't having a good game(which if you're referring to his scoring, I'm not sure what more Powell would have done with Ross' 11 touches, and 0 catch and shoot opportunities), you'd only have ~5 minutes left for Powell based on that anyways. It's not like Ross played 20-30 minutes.
                      Not to mention that a lineup of Cj/DD/Powell/PP + JvorPoeltl opposing defenses have no troubles packing the paint. Don't have a lot of shooting even with Ross in there. I wanna watch Powell play consistent minutes as much as everyone else, but I doubt it happens unless Casey goes 10 deep (unlikely) an injury occurs (unfortunate) or someone is traded. If that happens though, there are really only 3 "shooters" on the roster to get rotation minutes, which is mildly concerning.

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                        What did you think he lacked during the playoffs?
                        I thought he was solid but seemed a little star struck against wade other than that he had very solid playoff

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Not to mention that a lineup of Cj/DD/Powell/PP + JvorPoeltl opposing defenses have no troubles packing the paint. Don't have a lot of shooting even with Ross in there. I wanna watch Powell play consistent minutes as much as everyone else, but I doubt it happens unless Casey goes 10 deep (unlikely) an injury occurs (unfortunate) or someone is traded. If that happens though, there are really only 3 "shooters" on the roster to get rotation minutes, which is mildly concerning.
                          I disagree. Powell shot 40% last season from 3, I expect he improved on his shooting in the off season. Other than athleticism and being in the NBA longer, I don't see anything that Ross is better at than Powell.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                            I'm saying 33/2 mp is a higher ratio than I expected/want. I think Powell would be more productive with 33mins but we won't know til he gets there and at this rate we won't know that for 16 games. Seems a shared sentiment given the #freenorm thread. If u don't think Ross had opportunity then made he should have got an Inc.grade instead of a c-?

Comment

Here's the funny thing: Why not play Powell as the backup SF & Ross as the backup SG? Give Carroll less minutes, and we can actually handle that, with Ross, CJ & Norm all getting around 15-20 minutes a game. There's no need to play Lowry, DD & Carroll so much.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Kl/np/DMC/ppat is decent shooting in theory. Decent defense too. Lots of grit.
                                Ross only got 2 fga. Powell can do more without the ball.
                                If Ross gets 6-8mins in the 1st and looks flat then give the same mins to norm in the 2nd and see what happens. Why run such a tight rotation from game 1?

Comment

Working...
                                X