#FreeNorman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Didn't Dan just say about 5 posts ago that we can't extend him because his deal is only 3 years?
    Four posts previous to that. It's still on the same page lol.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• EVENTUALLY..either ross or powell has to go...right? Or I guess if you're in the teach powell point guard camp, one of ross cojo or powell
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        EVENTUALLY..either ross or powell has to go...right? Or I guess if you're in the teach powell point guard camp, one of ross cojo or powell
        yeah, and Ross most likely. It would be foolish to trade Powell IMO. Cory or Delon + Powell + whomever + Patterson + Bebe or Poeltl is a sweet bench. So Ross + Delon + Poeltl + Clips pick for Millsap? Maybe salaries don't match so swap Cory with Delon and bingo, watch out CLE.

Comment

EVENTUALLY..either ross or powell has to go...right? Or I guess if you're in the teach powell point guard camp, one of ross cojo or powell
          Or, potentially, Carroll. When Powell gets re-upped in summer 2018, both Carroll and Ross will be in the last year of their deals.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm pretty sure a huge advantage to finding a gem in the second round like Powell is to leverage him and use the more expensive pieces to improve your team elsewhere, no? I'm sure Masai is keeping an eye out, I'm just excited to see what may happen.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Or, potentially, Carroll. When Powell gets re-upped in summer 2018, both Carroll and Ross will be in the last year of their deals.
              This logjam can't continue into next season tho..I mean it can, but it's not ideal in any way

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                I have a bad feeling that MLSE isn't going to be willing to pay much tax. They're going to look at it, say "you can have $X to keep the face of the team (Lowry), but we're not paying to keep these role players", and we'll lose guys like Norm and Patterson. They won't look at the fact that the strength of the team is its depth. But maybe i'm being pessimistic.
                I would absolutely be worried about that if it was just Rogers calling the shots cause that's how they've run the Jays but Bell and even LT in there gives me some hope that they'll go into tax if it's justified.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  I would absolutely be worried about that if it was just Rogers calling the shots cause that's how they've run the Jays but Bell and even LT in there gives me some hope that they'll go into tax if it's justified.
                  Ot- if the jays don't bring back edwin and this is pretty much it (no stars brought in) I'm going to be very very pissed

Comment

This logjam can't continue into next season tho..I mean it can, but it's not ideal in any way
                    Any blockbuster trade will have to include Carroll or Ross almost by necessity anyway, so I'm not too concerned.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Any blockbuster trade will have to include Carroll or Ross almost by necessity anyway, so I'm not too concerned.
                      Will? Might. Might be cory and jv. $23m and a pg+c to build around. 13 ways of looking at a blackbird and none are absolute truth.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        I have a bad feeling that MLSE isn't going to be willing to pay much tax. They're going to look at it, say "you can have $X to keep the face of the team (Lowry), but we're not paying to keep these role players", and we'll lose guys like Norm and Patterson. They won't look at the fact that the strength of the team is its depth. But maybe i'm being pessimistic.
                        I'd like to think so. There's a shit ton of money to being one of the best teams in the league, and this team is now built perfectly to continue to add value through salary.

We're actually in PRIME position to spend to contend.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          yeah, and Ross most likely. It would be foolish to trade Powell IMO. Cory or Delon + Powell + whomever + Patterson + Bebe or Poeltl is a sweet bench. So Ross + Delon + Poeltl + Clips pick for Millsap? Maybe salaries don't match so swap Cory with Delon and bingo, watch out CLE.
                          It depends if the goal of the trade is to make a run at a championship right now. If so, then Powell actually makes a lot of sense as a trade chip considering he is an end of the bench player. Losing him would impact the teams chemistry the least.

Comment

• Powell isn't going to be worth much in a trade unless we use him as some really good ballast. He's making under $1M this year, and since the Raptors are over the cap, they can't take on a big contract without giving up one in return.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Powell isn't going to be worth much in a trade unless we use him as some really good ballast. He's making under $1M this year, and since the Raptors are over the cap, they can't take on a big contract without giving up one in return.
                              I actually look at it the other way. Powell's low salary is extremely valuable and could be added to any package deal for a star player as the sweetener to get it done.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                I actually look at it the other way. Powell's low salary is extremely valuable and could be added to any package deal for a star player as the sweetener to get it done.
                                well that's the thing. Including Powell, if he is indeed high on the radar of our trading partner, probably means losing less assets. But either way a JV or Carroll or Ross or Patterson or Cojo or some combination thereof would be required to match salaries. But including Powell may mean not losing a 1st round pick or multiple other prospects. I'd prefer to lose Siakim and Poeltl, or Poeltl and Delon, as examples, than just Powell.

Comment

Working...
                                X