Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Further to my earlier post - some reports out there that the Sixers and Celtics are exploring a deal to trade the #1 overall pick (I would presume that Boston would get #3+)
    Makes sense. Look at how many picks the Sixers have coming up. They can't use all of them on players. If they can move up they should. Mind you, isn't Boston in a similar situation?

Comment

• Interesting development. If Philly gets the 1st pick and draft Fultz there's no way they target Lowry in free agency in my opinion. Could be the raptors biggest competition for him gone.

Comment

• The question I am asking myself... Is their anyone the Raptors can draft at 23, or at any position they could reasonably move up to, who is better than the players on their current roster (or have a significantly higher ceiling) and won't cause them undo pain because of required trades?

I don't follow NCAA, so I have no clue. Everyone on the Raptors roster, not named Bruno, actually contributed on some level.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Makes sense. Look at how many picks the Sixers have coming up. They can't use all of them on players. If they can move up they should. Mind you, isn't Boston in a similar situation?
          Yeah, Ainge is having a hard time moving/retaining those assets and he's still stocked with more. He's overrated imo.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            The question I am asking myself... Is their anyone the Raptors can draft at 23, or at any position they could reasonably move up to, who is better than the players on their current roster (or have a significantly higher ceiling) and won't cause them undo pain because of required trades?

I don't follow NCAA, so I have no clue. Everyone on the Raptors roster, not named Bruno, actually contributed on some level.
            I think og, Giles and leaf have quality starter ceiling but they also have issues and may not reach that level. I've never seen Bolden play but there's some potential there too. I'm pretty high on Bell but I'd put him a tier below.
            Theres a glut of quality role players in our range. I think we might have to move up to the high teens for a chance at someone with a higher ceiling a cojo type.
            Of course we could get an all star at 60 but that's just the crapshoot.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Dude, neither of them really had good rookie playoff runs. Poeltl played 26 total minutes this post season, just not enough to be labled a 'contributor'. Powell played more his rookie year (206 min total or 11 min per game), but still had a pretty bad stat line (4 pts on 38 fg% and 27% from 3), with inconsistent defense. He had some key plays in the Pacers series but he was lost after that.

Rookies just don't play well, that's fine, just don't expect them to be good.
              Wasn't talking about playoffs. I meant they played well for a playoff bound team in the regular season. Rookies rarely play well in the playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                Interesting development. If Philly gets the 1st pick and draft Fultz there's no way they target Lowry in free agency in my opinion. Could be the raptors biggest competition for him gone.
                Celticsblog forum is having conniptions over the rumour - apparently they're not fans of giving up on Fultz for Jackson (some are clinging to the hope that Hayward signs in Beantown, and Haywood/Brown/Jackson is too much of a crunch for minutes). Some are thinking that they could use the #3 and future picks (again, since Boston has a lot of them) to acquire Butler/George/Davis etc

Also, Fultz' workout with the Lakers apparently went really well, and the Lakers may try to move up to #1 also (per J. Givony of DraftExpress)

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2mdu3gSQY

Seems like there's a lot more workout footage this yr than last yr. Im wondering if this is the same final drill that the Raptors run too. Motley looks like shit!

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yu8rASbCihk

Man, for a guy that's not a shooter, Jordan bell does as well or better than the guards.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jz2mdu3gSQY

Seems like there's a lot more workout footage this yr than last yr. Im wondering if this is the same final drill that the Raptors run too. Motley looks like shit!
                      lewro wrote: View Post
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yu8rASbCihk

Man, for a guy that's not a shooter, Jordan bell does as well or better than the guards.
                      Is it me, or does Motley have poor running form?

Bell should get some first round looks. Decent handle (in a straight line), nice form. People on this thread (and the website) have already been giving him props too. Semi looked okay too

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        Masai is gonna draft someone we won't have any clue about (like Bruno and Pascal).
                        I think that's one of the reasons this thread has had less posts then in past years

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          I think that's one of the reasons this thread has had less posts then in past years
                          Draft nights become so unpredictable under Masai (except Delon Wright pick).

I fully expect another complete surprise on draft night with Masai picking a player which
                          was not much talked about while the players most wanted still remaining on board. I think
                          the Magic pick will also be an interesting one
                          considering their president Jeff Weltman will now be calling the shots and we get to see if he will follow a similar pattern as Masai or be completely different.

Comment

• OG Anunoby is nice. Pick him if available, if not, I don't care.

Comment

• So apparently the celtics are trading the first pick to the sixers for the third pick and extras because they like josh Jackson. Am I wrong in thinking Danny ainge is completely retarded? I actually really like josh Jackson but he doesn't fit their roster, and he doesn't have superstar potential like fultz or ball do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                                So apparently the celtics are trading the first pick to the sixers for the third pick and extras because they like josh Jackson. Am I wrong in thinking Danny ainge is completely retarded? I actually really like josh Jackson but he doesn't fit their roster, and he doesn't have superstar potential like fultz or ball do.
                                Acquiring additional assets to draft the same player who you were leaning towards drafting anyhow is good asset management, however if you're trading the pick to acquire additional picks while drafting a player that scouts believe doesn't have the same potential in the NBA may not work out well in the long run.

The return is rumoured to be #3 overall in 2017, the Lakers first round pick next year, and the Kings first round pick in 2019. Both of the subsequent picks are expected to have some protections (not yet disclosed), so it's less likely to be a massive fleecing similar to the Nets deal. Celtics message board is still not happy with the deal, and fueling rampant speculation of a using the additional picks to trade for an NBA star of your choice.
                                Last edited by Ebonhawke; Sat Jun 17, 2017, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X