Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Isn't there a rule that you cannot trade your first round pick 2 years in a row?!
    This year they swapped picks with Boston, so they have a pick this year, next year they don't have a pick.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Only having 2 or 3 bad games out of 10. With the other 7 being superstar performances.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      So Demar isn't the ONLY one showed up in the playoffs, based on your definition of showing up. I see Kyle Lowry having just 1 or 2 off games.

If you ask me nobody showed up in the playoffs CONSISTENTLY. having 2 scoreless in a playoff series is not having "off" game. ( lets not pretend like he didnt get those points in those games well after the games are decided in the second half).

I mean he showed up great if you wanna keep him to your sorry standard. But common call a spade a spade.

Comment

• What would it take to pry Marcus Smart away from the celtics seeing as though they have another PG coming in?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          What would it take to pry Marcus Smart away from the celtics seeing as though they have another PG coming in?
          He's most likely getting packaged for a star. They can probably pack Marcus Smart + Yabusele + Crowder+ 2018 Memphis Pick + 2018 BKLYN Pick for Jimmy Butler.

Man I'm gonna hate these fuckers for the next 10 years.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            So Demar isn't the ONLY one showed up in the playoffs, based on your definition of showing up. I see Kyle Lowry having just 1 or 2 off games.

If you ask me nobody showed up in the playoffs CONSISTENTLY. having 2 scoreless in a playoff series is not having "off" game. ( lets not pretend like he didnt get those points in those games well after the games are decided in the second half).

I mean he showed up great if you wanna keep him to your sorry standard. But common call a spade a spade.
            Players have bad games. John Wall and James Harden terrible elimination game. Both overall had a good playoffs run. Personally I feel like we didn't have a game where Lowry just takes over a game like in regular season. Lowry was decent but, we need more than decent from him. Seems like he was getting in a groove in game 2 against the Cavs but, he got hurt. DeMar was our best player in the playoffs. The whole season actually. Scary thing is he could still get better.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 17, 2017, 06:49 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Demar can not win us a championship joe Johnson Paul George Lebrun all destroyed him and we just make excuses

Comment

• LOL at DeRozan being the only player that showed up in the playoffs.

On aggregate, he posted a 16.9 PER in the playoffs, right in the same neighbourhood as Lowry (16) and JV (15.7), and was behind both in WS/48 (.063 to their .117 and .081 respectively).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Toronto won't win with JV as its big guy, or Lowry as its PG.

Won't happen.

And they don't have a 3 guard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    LOL at DeRozan being the only player that showed up in the playoffs.

On aggregate, he posted a 16.9 PER in the playoffs, right in the same neighbourhood as Lowry (16) and JV (15.7), and was behind both in WS/48 (.063 to their .117 and .081 respectively).
                    so basically everyone struggled to even reach average. not a great showing all around.

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                    Toronto won't win with JV as its big guy, or Lowry as its PG.

Won't happen.

And they don't have a 3 guard
                    I get that we don't have a guy like kawhi or lebron but when you've got the talent spread that we have it's on the coaching staff to make use of it effectively. Just because we don't have a mega-star doesn't excuse us from playing good basketball, which we absolutely did not do.

Comment

LOL at DeRozan being the only player that showed up in the playoffs.

Lowry had some good games but, Deebo was obviously our best player this year.
                      22.4 points, 4.9 boards, 3.4 assists and 1.4 steals
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Yay! We're back to NBA-discussion-kindergarten with the raw per-game stats telling the whole story!

Lowry had a -2 net rating in the playoffs, by far the best of the regular contributors, and his off-court net rating was a team-worst -14.5.

DeRozan had a -10.6 net rating in the playoffs, and the team was at its best, by far, with him sitting, as his team best off-court net rating of +7.3 would indicate.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I feel like you say this so often because even you don't actually believe it but DO think that you can convince yourself of it eventually.

Like the offensive rebounds thing last playoffs.

DeRozan was better this playoffs then last season ... but any discussion of him actually being the best player is just wrong.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I thought this was the draft thread...

Comment

• Let's see if MU can GM everyone knows this team can't win a championship not with this coach not with these players demar how he gets to the next step will be interesting I bet he does nothing and resigns this years team. He is too scared to break the weak links and fail.
                              Last edited by grindhouse; Wed May 17, 2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Yay! We're back to NBA-discussion-kindergarten with the raw per-game stats telling the whole story!

Lowry had a -2 net rating in the playoffs, by far the best of the regular contributors, and his off-court net rating was a team-worst -14.5.

DeRozan had a -10.6 net rating in the playoffs, and the team was at its best, by far, with him sitting, as his team best off-court net rating of +7.3 would indicate.
                                If Raps have an All-NBA player. Which I think they will. Whose on there from the Raptors this year? If you watched all 82 games + playoffs like some of you claim. How can you say he wasn't the team's best player this year...

Yeah, Lowry was great as well but, missed 21 games and the last 2 playoff games. He also really shrunk under the bright lights again. Lowry is my guy but that's 3 straight playoffs now.

Just Is wrote: View Post
                                I feel like you say this so often because even you don't actually believe it but DO think that you can convince yourself of it eventually.

Like the offensive rebounds thing last playoffs.

DeRozan was better this playoffs then last season ... but any discussion of him actually being the best player is just wrong.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 17, 2017, 04:43 PM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X