No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thx. I think your analysis is pretty good and I mostly agree. So would you rather leaf or Lydon and why?
    To me, Lydon doesn't have many of the qualities listed above but I think he has more potential on D and is a better shooter. However, I don't think he will ever be strong enough to be a full-time 4 or quick enough to be a 3. Leaf has more starter potential imo.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I don't expect to get a great player at 23. Maybe a legit starter but, thats it. I think Leaf could be that. He has great feel for the game. Doesn't need the ball to make an impact on the game. Which is good fit with our guards. Very good vision for a player his size. I think he would be our best passing big from day one. Yak/Bebe might give him a run for his money but, still a very good passer. He has a good handle for his size too. He's not a knockdown shooter but, you just can't leave him. Good athlete not great but, good. Had a 35 inch vertical at the combine. Which is pretty good for 6'10 player.

D worries me but, I think he is smart enough too be a good team defenfer/positional defender. He's good on D glass so that will help as well.

I think his best case scenario would David Lee w/ more range.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      To pick Leaf at 23 would be a redundant pick considering he's defence is not good. At this point I rather play Bruno.

To try and just plug a hole with a rookie with a low ceiling and bad defence is not worth it. I would rather much roll the dice on raw players like Terrence Ferguson or Ike Anigbogu that may slide all the way to 23 but have a higher upside. I believe With the 905 team set up, The Raptors are in great position to develop young talent for the better.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        Thx. I think your analysis is pretty good and I mostly agree. So would you rather leaf or Lydon and why?
        To me, Lydon doesn't have many of the qualities listed above but I think he has more potential on D and is a better shooter. However, I don't think he will ever be strong enough to be a full-time 4 or quick enough to be a 3. Leaf has more starter potential imo.
        I'm actually torn. All things considered I think Leaf is the better player and is younger. Lydon's stroke is a thing of beauty though. The way raps struggle to hit open 3s is the back of my head. I just don't see where else raps will get a knockdown shooter. I know Leaf shot 46% from 3 but, that was on like barely two attempts per game. I go with Leaf though. Productivity and age gives him the edge for me.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          To pick Leaf at 23 would be a redundant pick considering he's defence is not good. At this point I rather play Bruno.

To try and just plug a hole with a rookie with a low ceiling and bad defence is not worth it. I would rather much roll the dice on raw players like Terrence Ferguson or Ike Anigbogu that may slide all the way to 23 but have a higher upside. I believe With the 905 team set up, The Raptors are in great position to develop young talent for the better.
          His D isn't that bad. Just watched Oregon vs UCLA and he did a job staying in front of match up Dillon Brooks. Raps need better playmaker/ passers. Leaf gives you that from the forward position.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

His D isn't that bad. Just watched Oregon vs UCLA and he did a job staying in front of match up Dillon Brooks. Raps need better playmaker/ passers. Leaf gives you that from the forward position.

Watch the Cincinnati game, that was his best in the tourney.

Comment

• Where do u get the torrent?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                Where do u get the torrent?
                I just watch whatever I can find on YouTube lol.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I'm in the upside camp as well. I haven't seen Ferguson play. I'm on the fence with anigbogu.
                  If we don't take high upside then I'd rather trade back for multiple picks but seems like raps will take their man at 23 and be done with it. There are like at least 6 guys this yr that I really like, whereas, last yr I liked one and was kinda lukewarm on a couple other guys.

Comment

• If were going upside though. Jonathan Jeanne. I don't think anyone else in this range has a higher upside than him.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat May 20, 2017, 07:02 PM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If were going upside though. Jonathan Jeanne. I don't think anyone else in this range has a higher upside than him.

I foresee another "playable pick" here, a guy virtually guaranteed to be contributing by year two and adding some iq to the collective acumen even as a rook. Either that or a draft and stash like hartenstein or whatever his name is. No room for a true project.

Comment

If were going upside though. Jonathan Jeanne. I don't think anyone else in this range has a higher upside than him.

I like him. Obvious comparison is to Rudy Gobert.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          I foresee another "playable pick" here, a guy virtually guaranteed to be contributing by year two and adding some iq to the collective acumen even as a rook. Either that or a draft and stash like hartenstein or whatever his name is. No room for a true project.
                          I don't think he is that much of a project. He is not like Bruno. Been playing in the 1 league in France for a couple years now. I think he would be able to contribute in year 2.
                          golden wrote: View Post
                          I like him. Obvious comparison is to Rudy Gobert.
                          Same body types. Jeanne is more skilled and a lot more fluid as an athlete. He has really quick feet for someone 7'2. Gobert can struggle with pnr D but, I don't see that being the case with Jeanne.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't think he is that much of a project. He is not like Bruno. Been playing in the 1 league in France for a couple years now. I think he would be able to contribute in year 2.

Same body types. Jeanne is more skilled and a lot more fluid as an athlete. He has really quick feet for someone 7'2. Gobert can struggle with pnr D but, I don't see that being the case with Jeanne.

Yeah I agree with the bit about calling him a project. I know we all asociate the word "project" with Bruno now, but Gobert, Giannis, Capella, Maker are all guys who came in raw and really contributed within 3 years and were mid to late first rounders. No rook is going to contribute for an entire season at 23, whether it be because they can't adjust to the NBA, or they are pretty good but hit a rookie wall. Even Powell didn't play much his rookie season.

Do you happen to know when the next round of workouts is?

Comment

Sorry Chris, wasn't responding directly to your post.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Yeah I agree with the bit about calling him a project. I know we all asociate the word "project" with Bruno now, but Gobert, Giannis, Capella, Maker are all guys who came in raw and really contributed within 3 years and were mid to late first rounders. No rook is going to contribute for an entire season at 23, whether it be because they can't adjust to the NBA, or they are pretty good but hit a rookie wall. Even Powell didn't play much his rookie season.

Do you happen to know when the next round of workouts is?
                                Dillon Brooks is in on Monday iirc.

Comment

Working...
                                X