No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't seen Jeanne play but I think I read that he did well at the combine but he didn't really take a step forward with his club. Not sure if that's right? He definitely doesn't look like he added any weight/strength to me. I already find yak and bebe too soft. Based on jeannne highlights, Id rather stick with yak... I think.
    I do think there are some "raw" guys around 23. I wouldn't mind to graduate Bruno and have another project. I think we need talent above any one skill, trait, or fit.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      I haven't seen Jeanne play but I think I read that he did well at the combine but he didn't really take a step forward with his club. Not sure if that's right? He definitely doesn't look like he added any weight/strength to me. I already find yak and bebe too soft. Based on jeannne highlights, Id rather stick with yak... I think.
      I do think there are some "raw" guys around 23. I wouldn't mind to graduate Bruno and have another project. I think we need talent above any one skill, trait, or fit.
      I don't think you would have to pick between Yak and Jeanne. We've talked about how well Yak moves laterally but, Jeanne is even quicker and two inches taller. If one of them can develop a relible shot I think they can play together. I think drafting Jeanne would signal thr end of the Bebe experiment.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun May 21, 2017, 12:07 PM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        Dillon Brooks is in on Monday iirc.
        Just promise Brooks a 2 way guarentee contract with the the 905 instead of being selected in the 2nd round.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I don't think you would have to pick between Yak and Jeanne. We've talked about how well Yak moves laterally but, Jeanne is even quicker and two inches taller. If one of them can develop a relible shot I think they can play together. I think drafting Jeanne would signal thr end of the Bebe experiment.

That's not the look that I'm interested to build. I want a 4 that can hit a 3, attack the close out, pass off the dribble and play solid perimeter d with enough muscle to box out and protect the post - a Myles bridges type.
          Yak and Jeanne are mobile 5s imo. I think yak looks better and rather develop him. Again, I haven't seen Jeanne play tho.

Comment

• Raptors philosophy seems to be that they believe they can develop 3 point shooters. So they draft guys who not necessarily can shoot but can do everything else well. I'm not sure I agree with that strategy but we will see how it goes.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Semi Ojeleye, Dillon Brooks, Tyler Dorsey, Kobi Simmons, Markis McDufie, and Jonathan Williams tomorrow.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Semi Ojeleye, Dillon Brooks, Tyler Dorsey, Kobi Simmons, Markis McDufie, and Jonathan Williams tomorrow.

Who are the last 2 guys???
                No new friends (c)

Comment

• MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
                  Players to possibly fill 905 roster.

Comment

• MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
                    McDuffie should go back to school if he still qualifies. Looks like he plays for the Shockers as a 3/4. Maybe in town as a favor for someone?

There are like 6 Jonathan Williams on DX. No clue if this is one of them, or another one.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      McDuffie should go back to school if he still qualifies. Looks like he plays for the Shockers as a 3/4. Maybe in town as a favor for someone?

There are like 6 Jonathan Williams on DX. No clue if this is one of them, or another one.
                      Williams is a Missouri transfer to the Zags. He still has eligibility.
                      McDuffie is an underclassmen without an agent (I'm assuming). Hes probably looking for feedback so he can work on it and improve his stock for next yr.
                      From raps perspective, those two are 6'8 forwards, one slender (185lbs) and the other bulky (230lbs), so I'd guess they have two different looks to throw at Brooks and semi.
                      Iirc Simmons was a 5 star HS recruit. Imo, alkins was much better in Arizona this yr and he's already pulled out of the draft. I'd assume he'd battle Dorsey.
                      This might be the most talented workout this yr. Maybe we get an individual talent that is greater but as a group they are pretty strong imo.

Comment

• The drill is 2:30 of basically running end to end and shooting catch&shoot 3s, then pull-up 3s, then layups. Exhausting to watch. Keep in mind that both Lydon and Leaf did the same drill last week. Leaf said it was the hardest drill his done in workouts. It's pretty clear Raps are looking for shooting.
                        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon May 22, 2017, 02:12 PM.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What I don't understand is why would the Raptors advertise that. If in fact it is an impressive score then he automatically elevated his stock and now more teams will be looking at him closely.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            What I don't understand is why would the Raptors advertise that. If in fact it is an impressive score then he automatically elevated his stock and now more teams will be looking at him closely.
                            Raptors didn't. They let reporters in at the end of the workout. Also this probably not the only team where he will shoot the light out. He shot 42% from 3 this year.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Raptors didn't. They let reporters in at the end of the workout. Also this probably not the only team where he will shoot the light out. He shot 42% from 3 this year.
                              Or perhaps "They allowed it" cause he isn't the player they are after. I expect the player they are after was viewed already or will be viewed practicing in a secret underground bunker basketball court facility without a record that they saw him .

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Or perhaps "They allowed it" cause he isn't the player they are after. I expect the player they are after was viewed already or will be viewed practicing in a secret underground bunker basketball court facility without a record that they saw him .
                                Like Pascal

Comment

Working...
                                X