• Show
Clear All

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE0ESEHLVds

No way Jonah Bolden smoothly translates to NBA
    he is practically Bruno Caboclo with less shooting touch and less wingspan
    Bruno is also better finisher around the rim than this guy is

I think best pick for Raptors will honestly be Semi
    Most of that footage was from the beginning of his time. I've been watching full games, and the more recent play is much better.

At UCLA they tried to play him as a rail thin 4/5 when he saw himself as a perimeter player, so a weakness video that asks if he can play the 4, or the scout on RR podcast who thought he was a 5 is ...

He definitely is less enthusiastic playing defense in the post. Assessing how he guards 3s is a bit tougher because there just isn't a lot of weak side off ball movement in the games that I watched from the Adriatic League.

Also, WAY way way way way better shooter than Bruno. WAY. Look at his numbers. And his put back dunks are ferocious. Bruno has nothing on his dunks. Most Adriatic League games end up on Youtube so you can look for yourself (I only watched 3 games).

All that to say... you're probably right that he doesn't immediately translate to the NBA. This was his first season playing on the perimeter. The game's slower, so it's tough to figure out if he's a stretch 4 or a big 3.

He doesn't finish at the rim... Dude has to muscle up but he can finish at the rim

Bruno has a better stroke... when has he dropped 7 threes in a game? Am I forgetting something? (No seriously, Bruno has brief moments of greatness that disappear the next game, so he may have done this in the past but he lacks consistency)

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE0ESEHLVds

No way Jonah Bolden smoothly translates to NBA
      he is practically Bruno Caboclo with less shooting touch and less wingspan
      Bruno is also better finisher around the rim than this guy is

I think best pick for Raptors will honestly be Semi
      I think every player around the Raps pick has a similar weakness video. Semi's shows him always going right and throwing up horrible ill advised shots. After watching any weakness vid they all tend to come off as hopeless scrubs.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        He's a bit of a project for sure, but get stronger is basically what NBA players do. He put up good numbers in Europe and projects as a 'versatile forward' that can play postionless basketball down the line.
        so as for you, would you pick him up at 23rd?

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          I think every player around the Raps pick has a similar weakness video. Semi's shows him always going right and throwing up horrible ill advised shots. After watching any weakness vid they all tend to come off as hopeless scrubs.
          hmm that's a fair point
          I guess draft is all about potential at the end of the day

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Most of that footage was from the beginning of his time. I've been watching full games, and the more recent play is much better.

At UCLA they tried to play him as a rail thin 4/5 when he saw himself as a perimeter player, so a weakness video that asks if he can play the 4, or the scout on RR podcast who thought he was a 5 is ...

He definitely is less enthusiastic playing defense in the post. Assessing how he guards 3s is a bit tougher because there just isn't a lot of weak side off ball movement in the games that I watched from the Adriatic League.

Also, WAY way way way way better shooter than Bruno. WAY. Look at his numbers. And his put back dunks are ferocious. Bruno has nothing on his dunks. Most Adriatic League games end up on Youtube so you can look for yourself (I only watched 3 games).

All that to say... you're probably right that he doesn't immediately translate to the NBA. This was his first season playing on the perimeter. The game's slower, so it's tough to figure out if he's a stretch 4 or a big 3.

He doesn't finish at the rim... Dude has to muscle up but he can finish at the rim

Bruno has a better stroke... when has he dropped 7 threes in a game? Am I forgetting something? (No seriously, Bruno has brief moments of greatness that disappear the next game, so he may have done this in the past but he lacks consistency)

hmm... lotta ppl here seem to be very high on him
            I think hes really gonna struggle to play 4 though
            I can see him playing 3 but not 4
            and as for finishg around the rim part, yeah I can definitely see that he can dunk harder but as for lay ups and stuff like that..
            it seems he has very hard time driving

Comment

and as for finishg around the rim part, yeah I can definitely see that he can dunk harder but as for lay ups and stuff like that..
              Do you recall what PP looks like when he drives?

(in those instances PP stands for "putt putt")

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                Do you recall what PP looks like when he drives?

(in those instances PP stands for "putt putt")
                nope my impressions on him is soley based on his weakness video

as the other guy said, any player can look bad on weakness video

Comment

so as for you, would you pick him up at 23rd?
                  Based on my limited knowledge? Sure!

I'm looking for versatile forwards that can help boost the shooting ability and ball-skills of this team - playing either forward spot - and capable of switching on the perimeter. I'm ok with another player in the Bruno mold because there's nothing to stop guys like that from playing next to each other in the modern NBA.

The defense/toughness may be a concern - probably moreso than with Bruno - but he's not likely to play on the big team next year anyway. More importantly, the skill, length and athleticism are there.

That said, I don't know sh-t.

Comment

• Comment

• also.. what about the fact that Jonah Bolden is almost about same age as Bruno Caboclo??
                      I wouldn't mind him being picked up if he was 19 but idk about 21
                      or am I just being super picky :s

Comment

...yeah I can see that, and the Adriatic is a well rated league, but you're not going to be able to tell if he can penetrate vs NBA defenses.

Comment

• OG/SEMI have Masai written all over them. I have Gilles as a dark horse too. He has the highest upside in our range.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            OG/SEMI have Masai written all over them. I have Gilles as a dark horse too. He has the highest upside in our range.
                            I like Giles/Rabb... I agree OG is definitley Masai pedigree. I can't get on board with Semi, though. He is talented but he's so extra, probably because he is only 6'7... I think Jordan Bell is an absolute beast defensively and his January birthday is making diaper sniper drafter's a little put off.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              OG/SEMI have Masai written all over them. I have Gilles as a dark horse too. He has the highest upside in our range.
                              yeah I would be exhilarated with any of those picks including Giles
                              But semi the most.. that guy is beast and we need another reason to get rid of Caroll lol

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                                I like Giles/Rabb... I agree OG is definitley Masai pedigree. I can't get on board with Semi, though. He is talented but he's so extra, probably because he is only 6'7... I think Jordan Bell is an absolute beast defensively and his January birthday is making diaper sniper drafter's a little put off.
                                Maybe I'm old but...extra as in he always wears a fedora or something? Or are muscles a bad thing now?

Comment

Working...
                                X