Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    And still a defensive upgrade than JV. Actually an upgrade in every single aspect of basketball. Talent, this team needs more of it to compete with Cleveland.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    man you are just all over the map.

JV doesn't fit the way they want to play defensively, so let's get Aldridge who is arguably just as speed-limited (which is the primary issue with JV in our defensive scheme). Not to mention LMA wants to play the 4, where he'll be at even more of a comparative disadvantage.

I'm not saying Aldridge isn't a good player but the idea that he is any better suited to this style is laughable. San Antonio had 2 great wing defenders, that's the main reason they could play Aldridge and Gasol together for stretches last season. We have 2 hilariously poor wing defenders. It's not going to work.

Comment

• The fan boys aren't gonna like it but perhaps masai doesn't want to attach an asset to Demarre and figures his position will be harder to replace so he's looking at what he can get for JV.
      Another team could have an injury by the deadline and pay a decent return. Maybe by that time the team feels confident in Meeks to soak up a few mins vs nurkic types. He's a big body, rebounds, senior and soft hands.

Comment

• I'm only up to page 73 but there sure are a lot of people jumping the gun on wanting to jettison Carroll for a 20 yr old rookie without a healthy ACL.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Spurs are shooping LMA and Raps are shooping JV. Sounds like great trading partners.
          LMA is actively requesting the trade. Think about whether or not you want a player who can't make it work with the Spurs.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            LMA is actively requesting the trade. Think about whether or not you want a player who can't make it work with the Spurs.
            christian probably thinks popovich is overrated anyway

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
              I'm only up to page 73 but there sure are a lot of people jumping the gun on wanting to jettison Carroll for a 20 yr old rookie without a healthy ACL.
              Id want to get rid of Carroll regardless lol. Anunoby just makes things a little easier if he pans out.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                Thats not our problem that's the Spurs. So were suppose to pass on on a guy that score 40 points in the playoff game because he doesn't like the Spurs?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Don't want LMA. Bad move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats not our problem that's the Spurs. So were suppose to pass on on a guy that score 40 points in the playoff game because he doesn't like the Spurs?

Wanting LMA is sooooo 2015.

Comment

I'm only up to page 73 but there sure are a lot of people jumping the gun on wanting to jettison Carroll for a 20 yr old rookie without a healthy ACL.
                      carroll should go regardless. i'd rather watch norman powell and a bunch of d-leaguers try to play the 3 than watch carroll. he has no ability to plant and change directions at all with the injuries, and is too dumb a player to compensate for it.

Comment

Pretty sure most have wanted to jettison Carroll since either the start of the season or the day we got Tucker. Some before that. OG has nothing to do with it, we'd have needed cheap depth on the wing regardless.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I get wanting to get rid of him...but paying to do it is a bit much. The luxury tax isn't coming out of our pockets, and he will only get easier to trade next summer.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how much cheaper Tucker actually ends up being.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            Wanting LMA is sooooo 2015.
                            Lol, so is Demarre.

I'm not so much blown away by lma as I am curious if that's too of the market for JV? Doesn't help balance the books tho.

Comment

I get wanting to get rid of him...but paying to do it is a bit much. The luxury tax isn't coming out of our pockets, and he will only get easier to trade next summer.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how much cheaper Tucker actually ends up being.
                              Yeah, but there's a reality that the team is not going to pay crazy amounts of luxury tax. I'd have no issue if they did, that would be great, but they simply will not go deep into the tax. It's not happening. So it will come down to a choice - do you just re-sign Lowry and Ibaka, and shed a small amount of salary (probably CoJo - or possibly no one at all if the market is suppressed enough for those two) to keep the tax bill reasonable, or do you find a way to drop one of JV/Carroll and use that money to keep Tucker as well?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think if Masai manages to find a trade for JV with a cheap prospect or a decent pick coming back, that's probably the best the Raptors can hope for in this market and with their salary reduction goals.

I'd be shocked if they found a taker for Carroll at this point, having used their pick, unless someone out there really likes guys like Siakam/Nogueira.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X