Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Funny but I'm just not as hype on Rabb as I used to be last year. Of course yes new blood is always the "sexy" thing but really, when I watch him he just seems fairly average as a player. Reminds me a bit of Ed Davis in college. He's a solid player that at minimum should give you a bit of rebounding and ok defence but he's not showing a lot of new skills and tools to his game. He's showed a little glimpse of extending his range but he's not that athletic and I didn't see him dominate more in his second year as I would have hoped. I wouldn't be upset if we take him and totally does seem to fit the character and maturity of a player we would pick but I would just like to try someone with a bit more upside or a more dominant player.

I personally couldn't have a more different board than this one and not saying that as insult or anything, we all have our favorites but I'd be fairly disappointed if we came out with any of those names less Rabb or Swanigan. Blossomgame for me has just been totally underwhelming and looks very robotic for a SF. Reminds me a lot of KJ McDaniels who can barely stay on a team. If we're going to look at older SFs personally I'd prefer Semi Ojeleye as he looks slightly more skilled and a little younger.

I really don't like the idea of drafting Brooks, those t-rex arms are going to be a much greater problem both in getting his shot off and defending at the next level. The rest of the guys I'm just kinda meh on. The Creighton C (Patton) is one player though I definitely wouldn't mind taking a flyer on. They say big guys take longer to develop but his combination of height, athleticism and skill is pretty intriguing. Personally my dream pick remains OG Anunoby with Evans or Swanigan as back up and more "realistic" based on how we've been drafting but again I can totally see us taking Rabb if he's there.
    Stop
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Stop
      LOL my bad T.

Comment

LOL my bad T.
        i feel bad 4 u man.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
          i feel bad 4 u man.
          "Ain't no thang"

Comment

"Ain't no thang"

throw an ice pack on ur wrists so u don't get no carpal tunnel homie.

Comment

How about nah?! lol

You just come off as incredibly immature and your responses border on trolling. You keep reguritating the same crap about mixtapes and articles blah blah as some sort of weak/failed attempt to portray me as relying on that despite me stating several times that I've watched several games of Swanigan (which I've already told you) but you repeat so as to try and create the perception that I don't know what I'm talking about when in reality you've watched a SINGLE game of his and you suddenly think you're the expert lmao now that's truly laughable.

If you were actually having an intelligent debate with me and not trying to throw some stupid made up crap about me just watching mixes I'd certainly like to talk in game threads or whereever the hell you would like to chat because like I've said on multiple occasions I like watching prospects and it would be nice to have other posters that are following this draft as closely to discuss it with. But if you're going to continue to falsely try to prop yourself up as some expert and take every opportunity to throw out bs accusations to discredit my opinions the second you don't agree with them then no I won't be wasting time with your childish crap.

As for Swanigan I never said he WAS the next KLove but there you go with your usual nonsense of trying to put words in my mouth and utterly failing. I said his numbers as a 19 year old were comparable and that's rather indisputable. Of course they're not identical, very few players are and each will have their own strengths. Love averaged 17.5ppg and 10.6rpg and Swanigan averages 18.5ppg and 12.6rpg when you do their per 40, their numbers are very comparable and Caleb is shooting a higher 3pt% with a greater amount taken but Love takes the edge in bpg....again the word is comparable not identical, you seem to struggle with being able to differentiate the use of different words.

Then you throw in Araujo's name with no context (or perhaps you don't realize it). Araujo for starters was a year OLDER and more importantly he was doing so at BYU about the ONLY team worthy of mention in their division is Gonzaga....the other "powerhouses" over there include Pepperdine, Santa Clara, Loyola, Marymount etc.

Meanwhile Swanigan does this in a MUCH tougher division (Big 10) which includes teams like Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Michigan State etc and goes and he won Big 10 Player of the Year at that AND is in the running for the Naismith College Player of the Year...so really it's complete joke that you thought it was even a relative comparison without realizing the context in terms of level of competition and accomplishments. Unless of course you also think Siakam's 20/10 average in New Mexico is comparible to Anthony Davis' 14/10 in UK....but better luck next time with your awesome insight, maybe you need to brush up on your youtube highlights and Chad Ford articles

Really I want to move past this condescending back and forth that we're having like I stated before and get back to discussing/debating prospects normally but obviously you're out to push buttons with your repeated "youtube" and "Chad Ford" crap lol I'm just going to ignore your posts from here on out unless you want to come down from the imaginary high horse and have some good conversation/debate about these prospects and draft.

#WEthenorth?!lol
              I've listened to you all yr tell people that they shouldn't trade draft picks bc they don't understand how good the draft and I'm fed up bc you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. There's a middle ground dude. You hype these guys up way too much which just reeks of mixtapes.
              Good players have come out of santa Clara and pepperdine like Doug Christie and Steve Nash. Big 12 is totally comparable to the big 10, which is where big country played (he was at the game last week if you were watching?). Siakam played for new Mexico State, not new Mexico- big difference. Siakam held his own vs Baylor btw.
              Perhaps you saw swanigan get the shit blocked out of him by 6'4 Deonte Burton on a crucial play down the stretch last game? Not a great athlete.
              Sweet 16 is tomorrow (oops). I think I will be able to catch some of the late games. Come to the thread; I promise I won't respond to your posts. As I said many times, I've barely watched this yr but I've followed it enough over the yrs and I keep up with the writers (not just ford) to not inflat guys so much based on mixtapes. There are definitely alot of good players this yr but you hype it up beyond reality. Guys like ford are stirring the Kool aid and you're drinking it. Better to just watch the game and talk about what's really happening. I'm sure you will make some great observations.

Comment

• u boys should straight up make youtube videos nobody reading that text wall except the 2 of you and people over 40 ^^^

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                  u boys should straight up make youtube videos nobody reading that text wall except the 2 of you and people over 40 ^^^
                  Those over 40 on mobile devices aren't going to read it either - will require putting on reading glasses / bifocals.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    Those over 40 on mobile devices aren't going to read it either - will require putting on reading glasses / bifocals.
                    exactly, i have the peoples' best interest in mind.

Comment

• Porter sr is leaving UW to coach with cuonzo. Jr wants to follow.

Comment

• Semi Ojeleye will test draft waters without an agent.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• My list for the Raps range:

Kennard
                          Rabb
                          Leaf
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm still surprised that most mock drafts has Fultz at 1. I mean, he's good but Ball is special.

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/stat...03007368929280
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm still surprised that most mock drafts has Fultz at 1. I mean, he's good but Ball is special.

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/stat...03007368929280
                              I think Fultz can possibly be just as.

Lonzo has been my favorite player in the draft since the beginning but I think a part of why Fultz is suddenly being questioned is the amount of talking Lavar does and Fultz doing himself the disservice of going to WAS and not a larger, more successful program.

Not to mention UCLA pretty much built the team around Ball and follow the format of top teams in the NBA which is to have a dynamic ball handler that can pass surrounded by shooters (ie/ LBJ, Harden, Curry)....Fultz could actually end up having a similar style to Harden except he plays defence and is arguably more athletic. You can't lose with either and personally I would take Ball first but if Fultz is groomed the right way don't be surprised if he's right there with Ball or better because he's already more technically sound and has a ton more tricks offensively to score. I think he has potential as a passer but not sure you can teach the feel Ball has for the game.
                              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Mar 24, 2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

My list for the Raps range:

Kennard
                                Rabb
                                Leaf
                                In that order? DX released a new mock yesterday. Those guys moved around a bit.
                                Anyone watching the games tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X