Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Him?! Not really but I love the value he got out of picking Evans and Bolden, obviously a couple of my favorite players and that's just in addition to finding the perfect player to complete their "Big 3".

Fultz/Evans
    Korkmaz/TLC
    Bolden/RoCo
    Simmons/Saric
    Embiid/Holmes/Saric (death line up)

...and they still haven't spent a cent or traded Okafor for anything yet.
    lol why do you have Bolden above Covington?

Comment

• Fuck, why did the Celtics have to draft Semi. That's two years they've drafted one of my favorite prospects. Yabusele was the other.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Jun 23, 2017, 06:58 AM.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Am I the only one who's worried that JV didn't get traded? Sounds like he was being shopped heavily

Comment

• Why do the Bulls hate basketball? Just gave the Warriors thier starting center for the next 10 years...

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Am I the only one who's worried that JV didn't get traded? Sounds like he was being shopped heavily
            Does it? Only the TO guys had the story, so they were probably calling sources and asking them straight up if JV/the pick were in trade discussions, because they expected that. Probably got a yes. If there was notable heavy shopping of anybody, I'd expect the big names to report it.

You're probably not the only one worried. Heck, I'm a little worried. But I don't think it's anything to get overexcited about.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Does it? Only the TO guys had the story, so they were probably calling sources and asking them straight up if JV/the pick were in trade discussions, because they expected that. Probably got a yes. If there was notable heavy shopping of anybody, I'd expect the big names to report it.

You're probably not the only one worried. Heck, I'm a little worried. But I don't think it's anything to get overexcited about.
              yeah i don't know if he was being "heavily shopped" at all. i haven't seen any whispers of JV trades from anywhere outside of Grange, and i have always got this feeling that he just says things that he wants to be true / thinks the team should do half the time.

I'm sure they were taking calls and rejecting a lot of lowball offers for all kinds of pieces, as is traditional at the draft.

Anyways, the fact that the raptors can't get value in a JV trade is pretty much reaping what they've sown here. what the hell do you expect when you put a guy in a position to fail over and over and over again?

Comment

• I believe what Grange says. He was the only one who kept saying Casey would be back when everybody else thought he would get fired.

JV doesn't fit how this team wants to play defensively. They want to be able to switch 1-5. Which is why they want Ibaka to play center. His offence doesn't make up for his shortcoming on D.

Spurs are shooping LMA and Raps are shooping JV. Sounds like great trading partners.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I believe what Grange says. He was the only one who kept saying Casey would be back when everybody else thought he would get fired.

JV doesn't fit how this team wants to play defensively. They want to be able to switch 1-5. Which is why they want Ibaka to play center. His offence doesn't make up for his shortcoming on D.

Spurs are shooping LMA and Raps are shooping JV. Sounds like great trading partners.

Last time I watched LMA he looked slower than JV!

Comment

• Raptors have signed a partially guaranteed contract with Kennedy Meeks from UNC. (Source: Shams)

I'm thinking it's a financial top-up for an eventual 905 contract, but that's just a guess.
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I believe what Grange says. He was the only one who kept saying Casey would be back when everybody else thought he would get fired.

It doesn't

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        yeah i agree. he looked really lethargic and out of shape this year to be honest.

Comment

I also concur. He looked very languid and sluggish all year long.

Comment

It was reported after that he was dealing with knee tendinitis in the playoffs.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

It was reported after that he was dealing with knee tendinitis in the playoffs.

well, all of this year he looked slower than 39 year old, 1 functioning knee Tim Duncan did last year. so, not really all that encouraging.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                well, all of this year he looked slower than 39 year old, 1 functioning knee Tim Duncan did last year. so, not really all that encouraging.
                                And still a defensive upgrade than JV. Actually an upgrade in every single aspect of basketball. Talent, this team needs more of it to compete with Cleveland.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X