Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Obviously age is a factor, I just think, even if there's regression Kyle has the potential to be a high quality starter for 3-5 years. I'm looking at his outside shot, the fact that even when he's in a slump the team is better with him on the court...

If his window is even a year longer that gives the Raps options. I want to see Delon play more before they bring in another young, rookie point guard.

Really like some of those names. Blossomgame is on my list of people I'm going to try to follow this year.
    Was looking at draftexpress today and saw Blossomgame's name at 26 in their mock (really early I know, but was just looking at certain guys). He's older.. He's 23 right now and will be 24 as a rookie so that might be a concern. But he looks like a smart kid. Can play that 3/4 position that I think we could use (not sure if I see Carroll as a long term answer anymore) .

He's a guy I'm looking at more as well. I like that he's improved his shooting percentage over the years.. it means that he works on his game.

Comment

Lonzo ball is so good. No idea why he's not #1 on most mock drafts.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Lonzo ball is so good. No idea why he's not #1 on most mock drafts.
        He's a stud!!! I love him already.

Comment

Blossomgame fits the mold that Masai has gone for lately. Athletic, mature, + defender, wingspan,

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Blossomgame fits the mold that Masai has gone for lately. Athletic, mature, + defender, wingspan,

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            And I'm sure that forum posters could get creative with nicknames.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              a meme is born

Comment

This isn't nearly as fun as Tank Nation 1.0, but it still fun to revel in every Clippers loss. In fact, LA has lost 5 of their last 8, with losses to Detroit, Indiana (twice!), Brooklyn, and Golden State. Outside of Golden State that's not exactly a murderer's row of opponents.

Their only wins in this stretch were against New Orleans (twice) and Cleveland.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Blake's been injured, and may not play again tonight (although is probable to play). Now just .05 games ahead of 5th in the West and 24th in the league.

Comment

Don't know if anyone else does this, but every once in a while I'll think of some player and look through his BBRef transactions.

Carlos Delfino. drafted by the Pistons in 2003, with a pick they had traded 6 yrs earlier as part of a deal for Eric Montross and Jerry Stackhouse. The pick was traded 4 more times before ending up back in Detroit.

We traded for him 4 yrs later for 2nd rounders, and 2 yrs later shipped him and Roko to the Bucks for Amir and Sonny Weems.

Few years later became an FA, was signed and eventually waived by the Rockets.

Bucks signed him and traded him to the Clips as part of a package for Jared Dudley and a 1st round pick, which happens to be the Clips pick we have this year.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I mentioned him in the Canadian basketball thread, but I think Justin Jackson is a seriously interesting prospect. With Kawhi Leonard length and hand-size, solid defense, good ball-handling, excellent rebounding for a wing, the big question was whether he could develop a consistent 3-point shot. Early returns in that regard have been fantastic, with .472 now on 3.3 attempts per game. Maryland is one of the worst-shooting 3-point teams in the country (no other shooter on the team with more than 2 attempts is better than .320), so as by far the best on the team, he's probably going to be encouraged to shoot a lot more as the season goes on. Some fluctuation is likely, but if he can prove himself dependable in that regard, it could be enough to get him talked about as a first-rounder which might pursuade him to enter the draft this year. Maybe the chance to be drafted by his hometown Raptors convinces him to enter. Nationality aside, he fits the profile of an Ujiri pick perfectly with his length and versatility.

Comment

While we'd all love for the Clips pick to end up going higher in the draft, with the unlikeliness of that happening, there's something that I really like about the potential for our picks ending up back to back. I've loved when I've picked first or last in a fantasy draft and get to pick back-to-back. Then, if there's two players you're torn between, you can just take em both as opposed to wondering whether you made the right decision when that next pick you hoped for is no longer available. And you can exercise more strategy with that slight added control of the situation as far drafting for position or fit or whatever. Just think it would make for an entertaining and useful position to be in, if we keep them. Glad it's a deep draft.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                          I mentioned him in the Canadian basketball thread, but I think Justin Jackson is a seriously interesting prospect. With Kawhi Leonard length and hand-size, solid defense, good ball-handling, excellent rebounding for a wing, the big question was whether he could develop a consistent 3-point shot. Early returns in that regard have been fantastic, with .472 now on 3.3 attempts per game. Maryland is one of the worst-shooting 3-point teams in the country (no other shooter on the team with more than 2 attempts is better than .320), so as by far the best on the team, he's probably going to be encouraged to shoot a lot more as the season goes on. Some fluctuation is likely, but if he can prove himself dependable in that regard, it could be enough to get him talked about as a first-rounder which might pursuade him to enter the draft this year. Maybe the chance to be drafted by his hometown Raptors convinces him to enter. Nationality aside, he fits the profile of an Ujiri pick perfectly with his length and versatility.
                          Maybe I need to watch him more but he reminds me a lot more of James Johnson than he does Kawhi.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Maybe I need to watch him more but he reminds me a lot more of James Johnson than he does Kawhi.
                            To be clear I didn't say that he reminds me of Kawhi, just that they have similar measurements. (Although actually, in re-reading what I wrote, I can see how it could be read that I was saying his defense, rebounding, etc was all Kawhi-like, which isn't what I meant! I'm not that high on him!)

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                              To be clear I didn't say that he reminds me of Kawhi, just that they have similar measurements. (Although actually, in re-reading what I wrote, I can see how it could be read that I was saying his defense, rebounding, etc was all Kawhi-like, which isn't what I meant! I'm not that high on him!)
                              No worries. He's someone I would look at with our 2nd rd pick. Personally I don't see him going in the 1st rd, really needs to work on his jumper. Maybe he can become our 2nd Powell lol

Comment

Was watching the Baylor game the other day...What do people think of Jonathan Motley? Seems like a potential 3/stretch 4. His drives are probably a bit too straight line for me. But, there's something there worth following.

Comment

Working...
                                X