No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure if this kid will declare because UCLA's coach inexplicably doesn't play him enough but if he does and somehow slips into the 2nd rd we better buy a damn pick because I think this kid is the prototype defensive C for today's game. The kid is built like a brickhouse, strong as hell, very good rebounder and an even better shotblocker....personally I think he would fit perfectly as a C here...

Comment

• Chad Ford has been pushing anigbogu all yr but DX is projecting him next yr. I'd trust DX.
      I love players like him. If he gets mins and plays well in the tournament then he might come out. Id definitely consider him.

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

DX released its first new mock in 3 weeks. Lots of movement.

Comment

• So Dillon Brooks with our pick? We could use a replacement for T Ross

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

I really believe with Lavar blabbing so much in the media that he's built so much hype around Lonzo that I think he will go #1 overall over Fultz and personally have no problem with it. I think Fultz may be the better individual scoring talent but I think Ball is going to effect a franchise more and if PHX or LAL get the #1 overall I all but guarantee it. Personally I think he would be the better fit in BOS as well since IT is a scorer.

The one I'm a bit surprised by if Robert Williams being projected so high. He's a big athlete and probably going to be a good fit as a small ball C like Tristan but personally I wouldn't take him in the top 10 and no chance would I do so before Ntilinka. I like Ntilinka more than Fox and I also don't think Tatum will go top 5. I think DS Jr goes before him (and should) and personally like Monk and Isaac more than him. He reminds me of a taller Joe Johnson but not as good of a shooter. John Collins is also way too high, have a hard time seeing him going ahead of several names listed after him.

I would be very tempted to take a chance on Giles because I think people haven't give him a chance to even recoup from an injury and he's also not being allowed to play as he did in highschool which was more high post and create. Tatum, Grayson and Jackson are all ball dominant players so in combination I think we haven't been able to see what he's capable of but that will all be dependent on how confident our doctors are but I can see him having a massive slip in the draft. But realistically I don't think we'll take him...

Who I do see us taking (if OG, Rabb or Bridges aren't on the board) is Caleb Swanigan. He has a PER rating, great rebounder and is actually very well rounded offensively including a 3pt shot. I really feel like he has top 15 talent but went under the radar because of weight issues as a homeless child but he has showed unreal determination to transform his body and continues to lean out. I would like Jawun Evans as well but unless we deal Corey, I'm a bit doubtful unfortunately because I'm telling between him and Caleb, these guys are going to be steals. I also suspect one of them will be taken by SAS and the league will be saying the Spurs have done it again.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              So Dillon Brooks with our pick? We could use a replacement for T Ross
              Hell to the no.

He may have T Ross' T Rex arms (actually even worse as his wingspan is shorter than his height) but he's not the same level athlete. This is the highest I've seen him projected and being in the early 2nd rd imo is gracious. That would be an awful decision.

Comment

• I think some of you guys might like this feature on Swanigan, it feels like an Open Gym episode lol

I still like OG, Hartenstein and Bridges more but if they're off the board I really don't mind him as our pick. I would also like to point out he's shooting 45% from 3 and despite being in his second year it's because he went to school early and is still only 19 years old and rebounding and shooting at a better rate than Kevin Love did in college, just sayin.
                Last edited by JamesNaismith; Tue Mar 7, 2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Hell to the no.

He may have T Ross' T Rex arms (actually even worse as his wingspan is shorter than his height) but he's not the same level athlete. This is the highest I've seen him projected and being in the early 2nd rd imo is gracious. That would be an awful decision.
                  Measurements don't indicate how good a player will become. He's probably the most clutch player in college ball, he's gonna be pretty good.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Measurements don't indicate how good a player will become. He's probably the most clutch player in college ball, he's gonna be pretty good.
                    Not if you're lightening quick like Iverson or IT but he's like a poorman's Buddy Hield, except Hield had better measurements, shot a better 3pt percentage, FT percentage and was a more dominant scorer. It certainly will matter as it does for Buddy who actually was the better player. Brooks' wingspan is bad for a POINT GUARD nevermind SG where trying to get his shot off against longer, more athletic players will definitely make a big difference.

Least we forget his lack of length will also make it tougher for him to defend against longer and better athletes.
                    Last edited by JamesNaismith; Tue Mar 7, 2017, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      Not if you're lightening quick like Iverson or IT but he's like a poorman's Buddy Hield, except Hield had better measurements, shot a better 3pt percentage, FT percentage and was a more dominant scorer. It certainly will matter as it does for Buddy who actually was the better player. Brooks' wingspan is bad for a POINT GUARD nevermind SG where trying to get his shot off against longer, more athletic players will definitely make a big difference.

Least we forget his lack of length will also make it tougher for him to defend against longer and better athletes.
                      Why have his minutes regressed so significantly from last year? Is it just the knee injury?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Versatile shooting-forward?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

Crazy (but understandable) that Harry Giles is down to 25.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Crazy (but understandable) that Harry Giles is down to 25.
                            FWIW, Tankathon has the Raptors taking Giles at 22.

Comment

• Not sure if everyone saw the announcement, but we're hosting a March Madness Bracket Tourney here at RR.

Go to this link to put your name in:
                              http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...579#post732579

Comment

• Selection is today at 5:30 est on CBS.

Comment

Working...
                                X