No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought some of you might like to see this on Evans, his skillset just looks like it could step into the way Lowry plays (down the line of course with more development)

Comment

• DX has been mocking anigbogu in 2018 all yr, as have most mocks, except ford. They mocked him in 2017 for the first time yesterday bc he has declared without an agent. Really hard to say whether he stays in or not imo. I think he's one of the higher boom or bust guys. His highlights look amazing but he doesn't play very much, I think bc in the games that I saw, his IQ looked below the level of competition.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined...00631361441794

OG has declared with an agent.

Comment

• Does anyone know how they handle a 3-way tie for the draft? Currently the Raptors, Jazz and Clippers all have a 50-31 record. Each team plays tonight (Raptors play the Cavs; Jazz the Spurs; and the Clippers the Kings).

Assume each team wins.. and the record is 51-31.

Who gets the 23rd, 24th and 25th pick? Are their multiple coin flips involved?

*Edit - either way we are guaranteed either the 23rd or 24th pick as Orlando gets the worst of the two from the Ross/Ibaka trade.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Does anyone know how they handle a 3-way tie for the draft? Currently the Raptors, Jazz and Clippers all have a 50-31 record. Each team plays tonight (Raptors play the Cavs; Jazz the Spurs; and the Clippers the Kings).

Assume each team wins.. and the record is 51-31.

Who gets the 23rd, 24th and 25th pick? Are their multiple coin flips involved?

*Edit - either way we are guaranteed either the 23rd or 24th pick as Orlando gets the worst of the two from the Ross/Ibaka trade.
            It's a random selection - the verbage is "coin toss" but it is really a random draw.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Miles Bridges has turned course and is returning to Michigan State:

http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                Miles Bridges has turned course and is returning to Michigan State:

Very surprised. I think he should have declared.

Comment

• I'll laugh if someone makes it into the top 3 and pushes LAL out.

...and yeah I don't like the decision by Bridges, I don't like any player that projects to be in the top 10 or so to stay, just way too much risk to drop the following year ie/ OG and Rabb. I really believe that if either player had gone in last year that one of them would be on our team right now. This year either guy will be lucky to crack top 15 with Rabb suffering more so and could fall into mid 20s or worse. Crazy that I think we would have taken OG last year if he came out and now we probably won't have a chance and last year I liked Rabb but this year I've completely cooled off on him. Just seems like to traditional of a PF and not a great athlete but all the same I do worry that Masai will like him.

Comment

• Great news for my Spartans though!
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Just a name I would throw out because it seems we've taken some random picks is Jonah Bolden, 6'10 SF/PF. Don't know a lot about him but apparently he's athletic and can shoot the 3, starting to make little rumbling. I mean it's doubtful but Masai did spot Giannis seemingly outta nowhere before anyone knew and then of course shocking everyone with Bruno, you just never know. Anyways some intriguing potential I guess...

Kyle Kuzma could be another one...sticking with our Utah theme lol just throwing out potential guys outside of the usual...

Last edited by JamesNaismith; Thu Apr 13, 2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• So we end the season in a 4-way tie. That's gonna be a serious coin toss.

Comment

• Can we get a University of Utah guy again?

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                            So we end the season in a 4-way tie. That's gonna be a serious coin toss.
                            We get the better pick between our own pick and the clippers pick so if the clippers are drawn first (#23) then we get that pick.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              We get the better pick between our own pick and the clippers pick so if the clippers are drawn first (#23) then we get that pick.
                              Yup.. at worst we get the 25th pick.. at best the 23rd pick.

Comment

• Tiebreaker was just held. Clippers won the four way tiebreaker, which means Raptors will be picking 23. The Raptors own pick fell at 25.

That's right, Toronto won a tiebreaker!!
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X