Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    He took Delon Wright and Norman Powell. Who a lot of people talked about during that draft.
    ...and Poeltl.

The only problem is his calling card has become PER ratings.

In which case Evans, Swanigan, Leaf, Thornwell, Hart and Jeanne would be our board lol

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Exactly where is Diallo?! lol

Semi is being overvalued on this board because he's built like a football player.

He has rudimentary ballhandling skills, passing, ability to spot while he is athletic he isn't a "freak athlete" like I seen one poster use to describe him. He is neither very quick nor does he jump out of the gym. Don't get me wrong for a guy his size he has some decent athleticism but nothing earth shattering. Overall he really doesn't seem that skilled and besides being a brickwall I don't see actual on court advantages that he has or uses very well. Screams role player to me and a big hell no to tiny little Luke Kennard who is frail and will not be getting those same looks in the NBA. Sorry if that came off rude lol it wasn't meant to be, just really don't like either guy with our pick.
      Pretty athletic to me

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Pretty athletic to me

Was there something super impressive I was supposed to see there?! lol

He caught a one handed alley oop. You act like that's a windmill or 360 lol I acknowledged he was athletic. Feel free to actually read my post because you will see me write it right before saying he's not a freak athlete which he isn't.

Comment

• https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...fty-comparison

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I threw out the name much earlier in this thread but I really hope we can buy a pick in the 2nd rd and pick up Peter Jok since we are supposedly looking to be a "high octane offence". We said that we're looking for more shooting and I think he has great potential in that regard.

Comment

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...fty-comparison

Fran also called Bruno the Brazilian Durant...

It's easy to throw out comparison with no real context lol what makes Draymond as great as he is, is that he is an EXCELLENT DEFENDER (top 3 in the league) and his intangibles as a leader in the lockerroom. It's a pretty lazy comparison based on strength and shooting he's making without basing it on the 2 things that most define DG (defence, leadership), nevermind being a better passer as well.

I'm starting to come off like I hate Semi which I don't....he's just not my top choice. I won't be upset by the pick but I just think he projects to be a role player and I would like more upside personally. Players that I would actually hate to end up with are Lydon, Leaf, Collins etc. Heck I like Semi more than I do Rabb. But again I just don't see him being a big upside player personally, if we end up drafting him so be it.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                Fran also called Bruno the Brazilian Durant...

It's easy to throw out comparison with no real context lol what makes Draymond as great as he is, is that he is an EXCELLENT DEFENDER (top 3 in the league) and his intangibles as a leader in the lockerroom. It's a pretty lazy comparison based on strength and shooting he's making without basing it on the 2 things that most define DG (defence, leadership).

I'm starting to come off like I hate Semi which I don't....he's just not my top choice. I won't be upset by the pick but I just think he projects to be a role player and I would like more upside personally. Players that I would actually hate to end up with are Lydon, Leaf, Collins etc. Heck I like Semi more than I do Rabb. But again I just don't see him being a big upside player personally, if we end up drafting him so be it.
                It's the 23rd pick if you get a role player you've done a good job. Like him because like Fran "said the way he plays is the way the game is going." He can shoot thr ball. He has the tools to guard 2-4. Lead NCAA in pick n pop effeciency. I like him a lot. Especially with 2pat om his way out finally.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think one thing people should consider for draft picks is play making ability, especially for bigs. Part of the reason the offense featured little passing is because nobody other than Lowry and Demar could consistantly create of the dribble.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    I think one thing people should consider for draft picks is play making ability, especially for bigs. Part of the reason the offense featured little passing is because nobody other than Lowry and Demar could consistantly create of the dribble.
                    Did you see what I posted up of Alec Peters? He can pass the ball pretty well & he averaged 2 assists per game for Valparaiso last year. I really think he's a good fit here, as he's a natural scorer, rebounds well & is a good defender. He reminds me of David Lee, but with a 3-ball.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I hope Justin Jackson (U. Maryland) declares. 6-7 SF/PF. Massive wingspan. Can shoot the 3 and defend. Kind of Draymond Green'ish. And he's from Toronto.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/J...ision-52692766

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...nada%29-61944/

Comment

• Hamidou Diallo is an interesting prospect. Went to kentucky in January but eligible for the draft. Obviously couldn't play in the NCAA but seems like he's got the athletic tools and a descent looking Jumper. Definitely a high risk high reward type of guy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          I hope Justin Jackson (U. Maryland) declares. 6-7 SF/PF. Massive wingspan. Can shoot the 3 and defend. Kind of Draymond Green'ish. And he's from Toronto.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/J...ision-52692766

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...nada%29-61944/
                          A fan of his too. Just don't think he will stay in the draft. Also if were talking Canadians I would go with Dilon Brooks. He seems more NBA ready.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

A fan of his too. Just don't think he will stay in the draft. Also if were talking Canadians I would go with Dilon Brooks. He seems more NBA ready.

Masai loves him some wingspan, so I really doubt he'd pick Brooks. And personally, I'd rather go for the highest upside, regardless of "NBA readiness", which usually disappoints.

And for his sake, Jackson should probably stay in college, but selfishly if he declares, the Raps could steal him with a late pick if they're willing to use a year in the D-League for development.
                            Last edited by golden; Wed May 10, 2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Masai loves him some wingspan, so I really doubt it. And personally, I'd rather go for the highest upside, regardless of "NBA readiness", which usually disappoints.

And for his sake, Jackson should probably stay in college, but selfishly if he declares, the Raps could steal him with a late pick if they're willing to use a year in the D-League for development.
                              NBA readiness has worked pretty well with player like Powell, Wright and Yak. We also know that Masai scouts pretty heavily in the pac-12 seeing that all three of those guys above played in the Pac-12.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• New board from DX today. Donovan Mitchell shot up to 12. I was interested in him at #23.

Comment

Working...
                                X