Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Apparently OG has been underwhelming in some scouts eyes...

https://sethsdrafthouse.com/finch-re...s-fa57b7c494ef

There's some hope after all lol
    for the sake of comparison, Finch on Terrence Ross:

"Maybe the biggest sleeper in the draft. He's athletic, he shoots it, he's competitive. His basketball I.Q. is a question, but that wouldn't concern me. One of the best shooters I've seen. He can really stroke it. He's far away physically, but he can put on strength. I like that he gets in his stance and tries to guard."
    on Norman Powell:

“He is a great athlete. If he wasn’t so bow-legged, he would look taller. I don’t trust his shot one bit, but I like his versatility. You have to turn him into a monster defender. I think he’ll end up being a better pro than he was a college player. He’s a decent midrange shooter but not a good distance shooter.”
    on Delon Wright:

“What concerns me is his shooting and lack of athleticism. You have to have one or the other to play that position. He had the ball in his hands all the time in college. I don’t know how that translates to the NBA. He’s not good enough to have the ball in his hands as much as he did. He’s more clever than fast. He’s 23 years old and still only 180 pounds, and he’s not a jet.”
    on DeAndre Daniels:

"He helped himself in the tournament, but he's just so inconsistent. Kids are going to be who they are. I don't know if he has a position. If he was a four, maybe, but he's too small, and as a three he's not skilled enough. I don't see his body getting better. He's got a thin-boned body."
    on Jakob Poeltl:

"Classic low block center. The league has gone away form that, which is to his advantage. How athletic is he in a quick-twitch league? He's going to be really good. The improvements he made in rebounding and free throw shooting were impressive. He's just scratching the surface. If you watch him guard pick and roll, he can switch against guards. He's grown on me. People always forget you have to wait on bigs. I'm a little more high on him than most people. He doesn't shy away from contact and he runs the floor very well."
    Last edited by magoon; Tue Jun 13, 2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
      BTW, Lou Will and the rest of the admins on this board would hate for that trade to happen - it would screw up their podcast post-game awards if Gerald Henderson was on the Raps
      6moty Lou will? Jk. He's pretty critical of JV and I can conceivably see JV gets traded and crushes us on another team. Not that JV qualifies as a scrub but the fact that we don't use him/mis-developed him would be good reason to re-name the award in his namesake.

Comment

• Nice research Magoon.

Comment

• Sounds like they've seen everyone they want to see. Are there any lists of who the Raps worked out/work outs they scouted anywhere?

Comment

• With the 23rd pick in the 2017 NBA Draft the Toronto Raptors select....

JONAH BOLDEN

Comment

• OG seems to be sliding. Down to 22 in DX mock and not one of 20 NBA green room invites!

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                Sounds like they've seen everyone they want to see. Are there any lists of who the Raps worked out/work outs they scouted anywhere?

The most notable names are Leaf, Swanigan, Kuzma, Semi, Lydon, Anigbogu and Masai had gone on a few occasions during the season to watch Hartenstein.

The scary part to me is this...

Chad Ford's Tier Rankings
                Based on polling NBA scouts

Tier 1 (Potential superstars)
                Lonzo Ball, PG, UCLA
                Markelle Fultz, PG, Washington

Tier 2 (All-Star potential)

De'Aaron Fox, PG, Fr., Kentucky
                Jonathan Isaac, F, Fr., Florida State
                Josh Jackson, G/F, Fr., Kansas
                Lauri Markkanen, PF, Fr., Arizona
                Malik Monk, G, Fr., Kentucky
                Frank Ntilikina, PG, France
                Dennis Smith, PG, Fr., North Carolina State
                Jayson Tatum, F, Fr., Duke

Tier 3 (NBA starters)
                OG Anunoby, F, So., Indiana
                Zach Collins, F/C, Fr., Gonzaga
                Harry Giles, PF, Fr., Duke
                Luke Kennard, G, So., Duke
                Donovan Mitchell, G, So., Louisville
                (Anunoby and Giles are tier 2 in talent but injures have tanked their value)

Tier 4 (Starters, high-level rotation players)
                Jarrett Allen, C, Fr., Texas
                Ike Anigbogu, C, Fr., UCLA
                John Collins, PF, So., Wake Forest
                Justin Patton, C, Fr., Creighton
                (Allen, Ike and Patton barey made it in)

Tier 5 (Rotation players)
                Edrice Adebayo, PF, Fr., Kentucky
                Tony Bradley, C, Fr., North Carolina
                Terrance Ferguson, SG, Australia
                Frank Jackson, G, Fr., Duke
                Justin Jackson, SF, Jr., North Carolina
                TJ Leaf, PF, Fr., UCLA
                Anzejs Pasecniks, C, Latvia
                Ivan Rabb, PF, So., Cal
                Caleb Swanigan, PF, So., Purdue
                D.J. Wilson, PF, Jr., Michigan

(This tier has the players that at least one team told me they had ranked in their top 30. A few -- Bell, Evans, Hartenstein, Lydon and Ojeleye -- got Tier 5 votes. The rest are likely second-round picks.)
                So based on NBA scouts that is the majority vote for the top 30, of those names we only looked at Leaf and Swanigan from what I know. Swanigan would be near the bottom of my big board and Leaf would be an awful pick imo. Hopefully our big board is much different.

Comment

• Keep in mind that Masai and Co went to a lot of pro days durring this time as well. Its not like they only have workout data/interviews on the guys they brought in. Plus they easily could have done some private sessions that werent reported on. I mean nobody even knew Raps worked out Bruno, plus the Poeltl/Siakam wasn't really talked about cause it was in the states.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    The most notable names are Leaf, Swanigan, Kuzma, Semi, Lydon, Anigbogu and Masai had gone on a few occasions during the season to watch Hartenstein.

The scary part to me is this...

So based on NBA scouts that is the majority vote for the top 30, of those names we only looked at Leaf and Swanigan from what I know. Swanigan would be near the bottom of my big board and Leaf would be an awful pick imo. Hopefully our big board is much different.
                    DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Keep in mind that Masai and Co went to a lot of pro days durring this time as well. Its not like they only have workout data/interviews on the guys they brought in. Plus they easily could have done some private sessions that werent reported on. I mean nobody even knew Raps worked out Bruno, plus the Poeltl/Siakam wasn't really talked about cause it was in the states.
                    Yeah I still got concerns. One thing that grabbed my attention was that Rabb said that he had a workout scheduled with Toronto, but it appeared that it didn't happen. It was never announced that he was coming to Toronto, he just listed off teams he had workouts for the next week in an interview...maybe that was a private workout.

I like Rabb, but he's similar to Siakim so I would hope they go in another direction, but, perhaps it's a sign that you're right and they're seeing more kids than what's been reported.

Otherwise what JamesN. shared (props) is REALLY worrying.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Otherwise what JamesN. shared (props) is REALLY worrying.
                      Its all smokescreen by Masai, you should know that by now. He might pick the guy who privately worked out for him or he already has a guy he scouted during the NCAA tournament that he dont want to tip his hat that he is in fact interested.

Comment

• Considering that anunoby did not get invited to the green room, it might only take cojo + 23 to move up a couple spots. Anigbogu and Giles are there too on DX. I'd either like to swing for the fence or trade back and move carroll.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Considering that anunoby did not get invited to the green room, it might only take cojo + 23 to move up a couple spots. Anigbogu and Giles are there too on DX. I'd either like to swing for the fence or trade back and move carroll.
                          Never thought he would be in our range. I hope his recovery is coming along fine.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• OG is my first choice if he is there. If he isn't than my guy Semi. Raptors need a combo forward with 2pat on his way out.

PRO DAY interview.

Why am I so high on him:

The reason I think he will be a steal is his offense and potential on D. He is incredibly productive in his possessions. 52.9% from 2, 42.4% from 3, 78.5% from the ft line, he doesn't turn the ball over often, he gets to the ft line 8 times per 40 (pace adjusted), he's one of the best spot up and pick and pop shooters in the draft. He had the second highest offensive rating among college players in the draft who played 20+ minutes per game last year, only player higher was Lauri Markkanen. He has strong similarities to Jimmy Butler when he was coming out of Marquette.
                            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jun 15, 2017, 03:55 AM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Never thought he would be in our range. I hope his recovery is coming along fine.
                              Yeah same thought process, I assume that if he isn't invited to the green room then either his medical files look bad, or he only is showing them to specific teams that he wants to get drafted by. Enough guys have came back from ACL tears and retained incredible athleticism that I wouldn't be too scared (as far as I know he only has had one such injury) to draft him.

Comment

• These guys see Bolden going in the teens. If that happens, someone is going to drop

https://soundcloud.com/ringernbashow...ospects-ep-124

Comment

Working...
                                X