Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    So, Lowry's minutes are starting to concern me. There's no reason for them to be so high. Top used lineups without Lowry this season (whenever "bench" is in there it is PP+Ross+CoJo):
    I thought about that but our schedule has kind of dictated minutes. Also, when he's on the floor with CJ, he doesn't have the ball in his hands that much (so it is a bit easier). Again, I would like to see his minutes dropped to around 35, but with our team right now and the injuries, I think him and Demar will get these minutes for a little bit.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      I thought about that but our schedule has kind of dictated minutes. Also, when he's on the floor with CJ, he doesn't have the ball in his hands that much (so it is a bit easier). Again, I would like to see his minutes dropped to around 35, but with our team right now and the injuries, I think him and Demar will get these minutes for a little bit.
      Oh, I know he HAS gotten the minutes. But I completely disagree that we've been forced into it. What I showed there is that the team so far this year has actually done better with him off the court - not a commentary on his value, just a demonstration that the team has done well enough without him that he can easily be given more rest and let DD/CoJo lineups carry more minutes.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Feels like a constant issue with Casey and how he handles Lowry's minutes. I just don't see it changing anytime soon. Probably has more to do with Lowry and his desire to play than it does with Casey forcing him to sit. This is more Lowry and DD's team than it is Casey's.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          And this is why no one here likes you. Your constant shots at jv.
          I like Christian. He's one of the few that pay attention to NCAA
          Our guards are much better at throwing lobs to bigs like bebe and bigs like bebe and poeltl are much better at passing to our guards than jv.
          That's not a criticism of jv per se its more a perspective on the strength of those around jv.
          I think most people seem to have enjoyed how we played last night and imo this is how we should play every night. Jv is a great player, hes just not a great fit. We are still trying to move on from colangelo. That wasn't a master plan, that was draft BPA. We have an identity now and jv fits poorly.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Oh, I know he HAS gotten the minutes. But I completely disagree that we've been forced into it. What I showed there is that the team so far this year has actually done better with him off the court - not a commentary on his value, just a demonstration that the team has done well enough without him that he can easily be given more rest and let DD/CoJo lineups carry more minutes.
            Fair enough.

It is still a bit early and there hasn't been consistent lineups though. Hopefully he does use DD more and cut Lowry's minutes.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              And this is why no one here likes you. Your constant shots at jv.
              So heart broken!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                What? Poeltl and bebe combined for 1 whole assist...

We had assists because guys were actually hitting spot up jumpers, and lobs at the rim. Your passive aggressive pot shots at valanciunas are weird
                We couldn't a shot last game. Poeltl/Bebe can catch and have the awareness to swing across the the court. Which get them hocket assists.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  We couldn't a shot last game. Poeltl/Bebe can catch and have the awareness to swing across the the court. Which get them hocket assists.

Agreed but just to add bebe's best passing skill is out of the high post. He's excellent at hitting the back door which our wings are good at finishing but we seldom do bc jv cant make that play.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    Agreed but just to add bebe's best passing skill is out of the high post. He's excellent at hitting the back door which our wings are good at finishing but we seldom do bc jv cant make that play.
                    JV doesn't get a chance to make that play. He's shown glimpses of good passes when he has the ball in the post and the other players move around and play off ball, and there is your problem, nobody moves when JV has the ball, they stand there and let JV post up.

Comment

• Excuse if I missed it but did not read about any kudos for Masai.
                      He made some good decisions this off season ...the two rookie selections, giving the contract to Demar without any fussing that we know of, retaining continuity with Casey are the more evident ones so far....he may even have married off Bebe! Signing Sullinger also may yet prove to be a big plus later on we hope. Anyway, it all flows from the top.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        JV doesn't get a chance to make that play. He's shown glimpses of good passes when he has the ball in the post and the other players move around and play off ball, and there is your problem, nobody moves when JV has the ball, they stand there and let JV post up.
                        I'm talking about the high post. We barely use jv in the low post. All the actions start in the high post/top of the arc. Passing is not really a part of jvs game imo. He could improve tho.
                        Bebe in lvsl and 905 is very good passer up top. Not a low post player. Just a different training/body.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Excuse if I missed it but did not read about any kudos for Masai.
                          He made some good decisions this off season ...the two rookie selections, giving the contract to Demar without any fussing that we know of, retaining continuity with Casey are the more evident ones so far....he may even have married off Bebe! Signing Sullinger also may yet prove to be a big plus later on we hope. Anyway, it all flows from the top.
                          Agreed, Masai had a good off season.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I hope I never have to watch 7 straight minutes of KL/DD/DC/PS/JP on offence again. That was ugly, 5 turnovers and no buckets.

To echo some other comments, I love the depth. It's just the cumulative result of Masai adding good basketball player after good basketball player. 4 bench guys come in to join 1 starter at the end of the 1st and that unit is often considerably better than the other team's reserves - like they would be racking up 40 point wins if those lineups played 48 minutes. Then Casey has the flexibility to go to talented guys at any position to close things out depending on matchups and hot hands. I'm happy to see any of CoJo, PP, or Norm in with the starters in the second half.

Also with that depth of talent and versatility, there is a lot of switching on D this year and the switches are well coordinated and fluid (hello continuity!).
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Nogueira and Poeltl combined for one "secondary assist" last night.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I only saw the last 5 minutes of yesterday's game, but bebe, besides the foul trouble seemed to have an excellent game. Should he replace Pascal or Poetl in the starting line-up?
                                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                                X