Bosh to the Spurs Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh to the Spurs Redux

With the rumours that Tony Parker could be on the block, a deal with San Antonio could become:

To San Antonio:

Chris Bosh
    Jose Calderon
    Reggie Evans OR Marcus Banks

To Toronto:

Tony Parker
    Richard Jefferson
    DeJuan Blair

If Bosh were to leave Toronto, this would be a hell of a S&T.

The Spurs get the best player, and if the Spurs want to hand the reins to George Hill, Calderon provides a capable backup and backup plan.

Jefferson never fit in with SA and even though he's older and lost some athleticism, he's still an average to above-average defender and rebounder for his position. That, and he has one year left on his contract.

Hopefully Blair comes back in the deal given that a front line of Bosh and Duncan would not leave a lot of minutes for him and Pop gives the kid a break. He could end up being the key to the deal - he's like Reggie Evans with offense and basketball IQ.

Evans (or Marcus Banks) would provide the Spurs with an expiring contract.

I like it
    i dont know if the Spurs really want to get rid of Parker though...
    they also seem to like Blair alot, hard to blame them

It would be a great S&T senario for Toronto, dont know if they would bite..

Comment

I think they would rather trade Antonio McDyess before trading DeJuan Blair...

Comment

Jefferson's not a great defender. How about we make it a three-team trade and flip him to the 76ers for Iguodola?

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
          With the rumours that Tony Parker could be on the block, a deal with San Antonio could become:

To San Antonio:

Chris Bosh
          Jose Calderon
          Reggie Evans OR Marcus Banks

To Toronto:

Tony Parker
          Richard Jefferson
          DeJuan Blair

If Bosh were to leave Toronto, this would be a hell of a S&T.

The Spurs get the best player, and if the Spurs want to hand the reins to George Hill, Calderon provides a capable backup and backup plan.

Jefferson never fit in with SA and even though he's older and lost some athleticism, he's still an average to above-average defender and rebounder for his position. That, and he has one year left on his contract.

Hopefully Blair comes back in the deal given that a front line of Bosh and Duncan would not leave a lot of minutes for him and Pop gives the kid a break. He could end up being the key to the deal - he's like Reggie Evans with offense and basketball IQ.

Evans (or Marcus Banks) would provide the Spurs with an expiring contract.
          Did you watch the Spurs defense tonight?

Why would they make that trade?
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

So we get a 1-year rental of two players on the downside of their career, and Dejuan Blair. All this for Bosh and dumping Jose's contract... plus we lost one expiring trade chip for the '11 trade dealine.

Comment

I can hear RC Buford laughing all the way over here.

You people don't seem to realize that the Raptors will be lucky to get ONE good player back in a sign and trade. This trade gives them three!!

Parker is 27 years old and, when healthy, one of the top 25 players in the league. RIchard Jefferson is only 29 years old, himself, and while certainly not worth his contract, is better right now than any player on the Raptors not named Bosh. And Dujuan Blair might end up being an All-Star one day. I can't believe some Raptor fans are actually complaining about this when Colangelo would immediately become the greatest GM in the history of Toronto sports if he pulled this off.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The only reason why i would agree to this trade is because we would see a lot of Eva Longoria in the ACC.

Again, two ball-demanders playing alongside Hedo. Not good.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  The only reason why i would agree to this trade is because we would see a lot of Eva Longoria in the ACC.

Again, two ball-demanders playing alongside Hedo. Not good.
                  The only reason you should make this trade is because the Raptors would never, ever, ever, ever get a deal even close to this good without kidnapping the daughter of an opposing GM. I'm sorry, but if you turned down this deal, you need to find another sport to watch and never watch a basketball game again, because you are are an affront to the game. Or you should work for Donald Sterling.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim, you're only getting RJ/Parker for one year. There are no guarantees they will re-sign. Assuming they don't resign, you've traded away Bosh, Jose, and an expiring contract for the next Paul Milsap.

Comment

any deal involving bosh in a sign&trade is going to be the NBA poo-poo platter. As mentioned, one quality player in return would be a BONUS.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                        Tim, you're only getting RJ/Parker for one year. There are no guarantees they will re-sign. Assuming they don't resign, you've traded away Bosh, Jose, and an expiring contract for the next Paul Milsap.
                        That's exactly why I would make this deal. On the condition that BC or MLSE decide that the Raptors need to be completely blown up, this is the quickest and best way to make that happen (unless Hedo were in the deal instead of Calderon, but let's face it, this is a long shot deal anyway), and curries favour around the league by sending Bosh to a Texas team. It comes down to, do the Spurs have enough faith in George Hill and Jose Calderon to run the point to trade Bosh for a young player and two expiring contracts? SA is over the tax threshold and would likely lose the players after next year for nothing - why not try to get Bosh in return?

RJ/Parker make the Raptors interesting the one year they're here. Then, you can try to re-sign Parker and let RJ go. If Parker re-signs, you've got a top 5 point guard when healthy (his health problems might be why SA is considering letting him go).

The Raptors get out of having to pay a max deal out to a player, and by the end of the 2010-11 season, their only real albatross contract is Hedo's (with the jury probably still out on AB).

It also depends on how the respective ownerships view the strike/lockout situation.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                          So, two large expiring contracts for two good players that can be turned into something very good before the trade deadline. And no, you haven't traded away Bosh, Jose and an expiring contract for the next Paul Milsap. First of all, to get anything useful from a sign-and-trade is good. To get a former NBA FInals MVP, still in his prime, a 29 year old veteran who can score, rebound, defend and create his own shot, and an excellent, young rebounding and defending big man who can also score is unheard of.

Bosh could end up leaving for nothing. Jose, despite his underrated abilities, is still overpaid and has a bad, long term contract. And you've got two expiring contracts for non-rotation players, which means you might not end up getting anything for them at all. At best, they would be packaged with better players in a trade.

Believe me, Bosh will not fetch anything even close to this good. I find it astounding that people think that this deal isn't astoundingly good for the Raptors.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

With Parker, Jefferson and Blair, the Raptors get THREE possible starters, improve their defense, their rebounding AND their scoring. It would immediately give the Raptors a massive makeover, keep them still fairly young, but much more experienced, especially in the playoffs. A lineup of Bargnani, Blair, Hedo, Jefferson and Parker would actually be an improvement on the current team. How can you not want to do this deal?
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Again, just want to make clear that this scenario was proposed due to the rumour that Tony Parker might be on the block. Had that rumour not made the rounds, I never would have proposed this scenario. If those rumours are unfounded, so is this deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X