Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tDotted wrote: View Post
    Yeah... if he gets 10+ I'll eat a shoe
    Considering that Bismack got $18M a year this past off season while being a below-average offensive player, and that teams will have even more money to spend this off-season, I suggest you start marinating your footwear.

Comment

Have you not being paying any attention to what guys get paid these days?

Comment

Didn't Orlando reportedly offer him $8M per the summer he re-signed with us? He chose less money (but a shorter deal) to play on a better and more familiar team.

Some of the contracts this summer were outrageous, and we'll probably see some of that again next summer. Patterson will be a proven stretch PF who plays solid D and is in his prime. Hard to think he won't get offers at least in the 10-15 range.

Comment

Ha.. maybe I picked the wrong time to make a comment like that after he just had his best game of the season. To save my hiney (when someone inevitably quotes me next summer), I'm going to move the goalposts and say 12+...

I've always said that youth, stats or starts get you paid and Patterson doesn't really have an angle in any of those categories.

Maybe he has a couple of big games in the playoffs and gets paid like that other guy last season. Who knows.

EDIT:

Hold that thought.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/3...er-2016-rumors

LOTS of reasonable signings last year. Some of you see the headlines and think that's what everyone's getting. The most comparable player to Patterson is Darrell Arthur who only got 7 mill a year. I'm sticking with my previous prediction (nothing over 10).
          Last edited by tDotted; Fri Dec 2, 2016, 02:05 AM.

Comment

If he doesn't get offered 14+ I'll eat your shoe.

Comment

Not paying a bench player 15 mil when we don't even have a legit starter. The only way Masai gives 2pat 13+ mill is if we beat Cleveland.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Not paying a bench player 15 mil when we don't even have a legit starter. The only way Masai gives 2pat 13+ mill is if we beat Cleveland.

But then you lose your best pf with a worse chance at getting a better one. sure you don't think that pat is worth that salary in a vacuum, but the team is in a bit of a corner on this one.

Comment

The good news is Patterson is a legit starter, so there's no problem with him getting the ~15M he'll likely get.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    The good news is Patterson is a legit starter, so there's no problem with him getting the ~15M he'll likely get.
                    Well he is not a legit starter for the raptors. Masai is not going pay a big 15+ to come off the bench. Especially a stretch 4 who can go a whole month bricking wide open threes.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well he is not a legit starter for the raptors. Masai is not going pay a big 15+ to come off the bench. Especially a stretch 4 who can go a whole month bricking wide open threes.

Ideally, the Raps make a trade before the deadline for a star PF.

Failing that, I'd have a hard time envisioning the team letting Patterson walk and having no depth at PF at all behind Siakam.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Starter or not, Patterson is averaging 30 mpg.

Aren't those starters' minutes?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I think this is key. The impact PPat has on the teams win column pretty much guarantees a salary offer north of $13 million, unless something completely unexpected drops into Masai's lap.

Comment

That's funny you say this, because last year you were arguing that it doesn't matter who starts. I remember because it was one of the rare times I actually agreed with you.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              That's funny you say this, because last year you were arguing that it doesn't matter who starts. I remember because it was one of the rare times I actually agreed with you.
                              It does when you're trying to win championship. It's time to upgrade.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

That's only because Sully is hurt. Casey would rather have him at 25 mins a game.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X