Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Thad Young got 14 mill, Teletovic got 10.5 mill and Ryan Anderson got 18 mill... Pat is definitely getting more than Ross. Its also not like letting him walk gets the Raps anywhere too. Lose an asset and only make your hole at pf greater, not like you have the cap space to sign someone else.
    Yeah, this is the predicament. With Sully on a 1 year deal and no bird rights, it would be really tough to let Patterson walk with no cap space to sign another PF. But you gotta wonder what his value would be to other teams as well, and I highly doubt he doesn't get an offer in the Carroll territory at least. He is worth that for the Raps IMO, unless we get another PF via trade that can chew up 28 mins + per game and is actually better than Patterson.

Comment

Resigning Pat is the smart move. Its the only way to get "over the cap" and frankly, thats where we need to be to play with the big boys. You can trade him later but theres no sense in letting him go for nothing, as others said you can't replace him in free agency so you might as well bring him back as a trade chip.

Or trade him this year. Either works.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        yeah, really liking this kid. Runs the floor so well, hustles and has some decent moves around the rim. If he develops a solid 12-18 foot jump shot, he's gonna be real good.
        Yeah interested to see how well he improves as a passer too. I think he will develop a consist ant jumper, which'll open some stuff in the pick n pop. That's probably wishful thinking at this point, but I think people undervalue his offensive potential by comparing him to bigs like Biz.

Comment

Yeah interested to see how well he improves as a passer too. I think he will develop a consist ant jumper, which'll open some stuff in the pick n pop. That's probably wishful thinking at this point, but I think people undervalue his offensive potential by comparing him to bigs like Biz.
          there already seems to be alot of chemistry between him and Lowry, which is awesome. And he certainly is no where near as offensively limited as Biz was.

Comment

there already seems to be alot of chemistry between him and Lowry, which is awesome. And he certainly is no where near as offensively limited as Biz was.

Comment

Like I said I think he looks like a similar player to Amir Johnson with a better offensive outlook. If he continues to add some lower-body strength over the next year or two he could play a little small ball 5 in limited minutes. If Siakam can find a consistent jump-shot out to 18-20 feet I also see a little Horace Grant there as well.

He is not close to either Grant or Johnson in their prime, but the potential is there I believe.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Glad we got him and not Portis. Portis sucks and Bulls fans hate him.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  Like I said I think he looks like a similar player to Amir Johnson with a better offensive outlook. If he continues to add some lower-body strength over the next year or two he could play a little small ball 5 in limited minutes. If Siakam can find a consistent jump-shot out to 18-20 feet I also see a little Horace Grant there as well.

He is not close to either Grant or Johnson in their prime, but the potential is there I believe.
                  Not too concerned about him playing small ball 5. If we're talking against a fully small unit, he's basically big enough for that already and will still probably fill out a bit naturally over the next couple of years, especially with access to NBA level facilities/trainers.

As he is now, he's mobile enough to switch on the perimeter if he has to, and I think you have to focus on keeping him a guy who can effectively do that. I want him to be able to guard stretch 4s and switch if needed. In fact I hope he can switch both onto bigger or smaller/quicker players. That's what he's shown flashes of so far, and that's going to be a valuable defensive piece the way the game is now.

Needs that jumper though. There's some foundation to build on there, but still needs a lot of work.

**Sidenote: It looks like the organization may be trying to turn Bruno into this kind of player as well. Guess Masai figures if he keeps picking players with potential to fill that kind of role, one of them will probably pan out (I think DeAndre Daniels was a similar pick).

Comment

Who the hell is going to give Patterson 10+ mill? Lol

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Pat has been a great bench player (6th, 7th man) for a few seasons now. 10 mill sounds cheap with this cap.

Comment

I'm guessing this is a joke...
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Masai
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Basically any team in the league?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah... if he gets 10+ I'll eat a shoe

Comment

15-20m/yr from this guy.....

Comment

Working...
                                X