Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If his jumper develops like Norm's did throughout the season no way Masai pays 2pat 15 mil.
    Yeah, but after/before resigning KLOE we won't have cap space to sign anyone else, so I'd still roll with PPat/Siakam as our PF rotation and even 17m per year for both of them isn't really that bad.

Comment

If his jumper develops like Norm's did throughout the season no way Masai pays 2pat 15 mil.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Your logic is as flawed as those who said DD isn't worth max money so we should let him walk..
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

By next year Pascal should be able to make up what 2pat does defensively.

lol

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Your logic is as flawed as those who said DD isn't worth max money so we should let him walk..
          Please don't compare the two. Two different situation

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

How? Am I missing something? Both point to talent assessment and league value.

Comment

With the biggest difference being you love one of them and dislike the other.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                With the biggest difference being you love one of them and dislike the other.
                One guy's production is easier to replace. I'll let you guess which one.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  How? Am I missing something? Both point to talent assessment and league value.
                  You have a rookie who could most likely make up for 2pat's absence next year. Probably not at the same degree but, Bebe isn't exactly giving you Biz type of impact on D either.

No one on this team would of came close to replicating Debo's production.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Considering we're capped out, Masai probably signs Patman just to have a tradeable asset. Can't let assets walk out the door for nothing unless someone wants to pay him stupid money (I don't think $14mm is that stupid given Turner/Crabbe/Bazemore etc).

Plus I get the sense Patman really likes (loves?) Toronto/Canada and would sign a reasonably team-friendly deal to stay in a good situation as part of a winning team.

Comment

• I don't know why anyone would think of "replacing" Pat with Siakam. We've finally got what looks like a potentially great 2-way 4-man rotation (how good is Pascal going to get becomes the question, but he is a high-performing rookie on a high-performing team at the mo). And finally, we have no way of signing a 'star' player at power forward except as a reclamation project, unless the MLE is taking a giant leap forward with the new CBA...

Bottomline, we can afford to pay Patrick Patterson because we have his Bird rights. It's basically as simple as that.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Considering we're capped out, Masai probably signs Patman just to have a tradeable asset. Can't let assets walk out the door for nothing unless someone wants to pay him stupid money (I don't think $14mm is that stupid given Turner/Crabbe/Bazemore etc).

Plus I get the sense Patman really likes (loves?) Toronto/Canada and would sign a reasonably team-friendly deal to stay in a good situation as part of a winning team.
                        Exactly.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          I don't know why anyone would think of "replacing" Pat with Siakam. We've finally got what looks like a potentially great 2-way 4-man rotation (how good is Pascal going to get becomes the question, but he is a high-performing rookie on a high-performing team at the mo). And finally, we have no way of signing a 'star' player at power forward except as a reclamation project, unless the MLE is taking a giant leap forward with the new CBA...

Bottomline, we can afford to pay Patrick Patterson because we have his Bird rights. It's basically as simple as that.
                          The only concern might be whether or not MLSE and by extension Masai would be willing to pay luxury tax. Resigning Lowry is all but a guarantee.. but resigning Patterson would most likely put them in luxury territory assuming no other moves are made.

Masai has been pretty careful with all his signings and transactions to avoid having to pay tax. Not sure if that's still a concern for them or MLSE going forward.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The only concern might be whether or not MLSE and by extension Masai would be willing to pay luxury tax. Resigning Lowry is all but a guarantee.. but resigning Patterson would most likely put them in luxury territory assuming no other moves are made.

Masai has been pretty careful with all his signings and transactions to avoid having to pay tax. Not sure if that's still a concern for them or MLSE going forward.
                            The claim has always been that we'll pay the tax when the time is right - ie when we're ready to "go for it". There's a pretty strong argument that we're ready. MLSE will have nice revenue growth to show to their shareholders, and the team is well put together to avoid repeater taxes, so I think they'll take the plunge, but we'll see.

Plus, with Pat coming off the bench for a great team, hopefully Masai can work his magic like he did with Jonas - a nice, round number like $12 mill. Stranger things have happened.

Regardless, Pascal's presence puts us in a nice position - not being desperate.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

The last paragraph is what we said about Amir and Biz. Amir wanted 12 mill. Masai said no. Biz wanted 17 mil. Masai said no. There's a bit of a trend here.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Dec 3, 2016, 05:13 PM.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                The last paragraph is what we said about Amir and Biz. Amir wanted 12 mill. Masai said no. Biz wanted 17 mil. Masai said no. There's a bit of trend a here.

we couldn't sign bismack without giving up assets, and in 2015 we had patterson ready to step in at 4 and needed a 3.

totally different scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X