No announcement yet.

It's imperative that we get the #1 seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cavs can beat us with or without home court. I don't see any situation in which we beat them without it which is why we need the 1 seed. Otherwise you're asking us to win in 6 games or win a game 7 on the road in Cleveland against the best game 7 performer in nba history. Just not gonna happen.

Need to stack the deck as much as possible in our favour to have a chance.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
      Almost flamed out in 1st round against ATL, and played 4 more playoff games than Heat, before they met in Eastern Finals. Not good idea to follow their lead, I agree that 1st seed isn't worth extended minutes.

We've already lowered Kyle minutes to 35.1 in December, DeMar's even more, rested guys on every occasion that indicated our guy might be injured or sick, new lineups seems to emerge (even more tinkering can be expected when Sulinger returns) so that's good management so far.

But barring other injuries to Cavs or LeBron taking another 2 weeks break like 2 years ago I'd incredibly hard to catch up with their record. No more H2H meeting until last game of regular season, series already lost so we are effectively 3 games behind.
      Our focus should be getting to ECF efficiently and relatively rested.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        1 game back now.
        What happened? Ugh...

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          What happened? Ugh...
          Fuck those Pre-Xmas and Christmas parties. I'm still recovering. And it's new years eve tomorrow. Fun.

Comment

Not sure where to put this. Good write up on why the Raps may be succeeding by zigging while others zag.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...tending-anyway

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Not sure where to put this. Good write up on why the Raps may be succeeding by zigging while others zag.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...tending-anyway
              One note on that - I suspect the note near the end of the story on SOS is the author misreading the stats - he says that Toronto has had the 7th easiest schedule by BPI so far, but the easiest yet to come, which makes little sense, even with conference and (slight) divisional differences. I expect BPI has them at 7th hardest schedule so far, since basketball-ref has them at 10th hardest. I'd be surprised if the two systems were so far off as 10th versus 24th hardest schedules.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                One note on that - I suspect the note near the end of the story on SOS is the author misreading the stats - he says that Toronto has had the 7th easiest schedule by BPI so far, but the easiest yet to come, which makes little sense, even with conference and (slight) divisional differences. I expect BPI has them at 7th hardest schedule so far, since basketball-ref has them at 10th hardest. I'd be surprised if the two systems were so far off as 10th versus 24th hardest schedules.
                Yeah....that part seemed odd to me too. This line was a little bit off as well.. " ..even though the Warriors have taken over 250 more 3-point attempts than the Warriors"

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Losers attitude. I'd be fine if you just tried Testo-Max and just said you don't think we can, but the "accept it".. this might work as well also say "accept it" they beat us in the playoffs..nah..I don't watch every game in December to accept a fate in may
                  Yeah, we need some positive thinking.
                  Last edited by Kingstan; Tue May 10, 2022, 05:35 AM.

Comment

More than getting #1 seed we need to roll out of first round in 4-5 games.

Comment

• How about winning the first game of a series.

Comment

• The only thing that's imperative is that the Raptors play good defense in the playoffs and that our dynamic duo doesn't choke again. If they don't do that then seeding won't matter much in the end. If they do that then seeding may not matter too much in the end.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

WOW.... Is this true? How does this make any sense? lol

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              WOW.... Is this true? How does this make any sense? lol
                              Yeah, they only played @ Memphis this season.

Comment

• I'll be glad to have most of those road swings off the schedule, that's for sure.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X