No announcement yet.

It's imperative that we get the #1 seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welp, show's over folks. #2 is nice too.

Comment

I'm very happy that we didn't beat the Cavs this season. First win of the season will be much sweeter... IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        I'm very happy that we didn't beat the Cavs this season. First win of the season will be much sweeter... IN THE PLAYOFFS.
        We also play them once more in season
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I mean ideally we get the top seed, but I wouldn't sacrifice health/rest for it. I think it's more critical we get Top 2 so that we don't face Cleveland until the ECF.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            We also play them once more in season
            April 12. We should win that one as LeBron will be resting prior to playoffs. Cavs will have #1 seed clinched by that meeting.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
              April 12. We should win that one as LeBron will be resting prior to playoffs. Cavs will have #1 seed clinched by that meeting.
              Says you. Dwane kyle demar and local rr poster KeonClark still have other plans

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                Welp, show's over folks. #2 is nice too.
                So far, with our expected starting power forward on the shelf, we've played and lost to the Cavs three times. All three times we've started Siakam, who is talented and has great potential, but is who is still very green overall. For a team like the Cavs, the matchup against Siakam is enough to give the Cavs a significant edge for the time being while greatly reducing our margin of error. I think the results of all three games bear this out so far.

If you eliminate our three losses to Cleveland when consider the records of both teams, we actually have a better record than Cleveland does right now. Given where we are and how well we've been able to perform despite our challenges - and given that our schedule gets easier from here on - I don't think that Cleveland has the #1 seed anywhere close to locked up yet.

I *do* think that this team may have a bit of a mental block when it comes to the Cavaliers, and if that's the case, that may be a pretty significant problem when we meet the Cavaliers in the playoffs, whether or not the Raptors are the #1 seed.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                  So far, with our expected starting power forward on the shelf, we've played and lost to the Cavs three times. All three times we've started Siakam, who is talented and has great potential, but is who is still very green overall. For a team like the Cavs, the matchup against Siakam is enough to give the Cavs a significant edge for the time being while greatly reducing our margin of error. I think the results of all three games bear this out so far.

If you eliminate our three losses to Cleveland when consider the records of both teams, we actually have a better record than Cleveland does right now. Given where we are and how well we've been able to perform despite our challenges - and given that our schedule gets easier from here on - I don't think that Cleveland has the #1 seed anywhere close to locked up yet.

I *do* think that this team may have a bit of a mental block when it comes to the Cavaliers, and if that's the case, that may be a pretty significant problem when we meet the Cavaliers in the playoffs, whether or not the Raptors are the #1 seed.
                  Yeah like that first game against the warriors where it was a back to back vs the cavs was ridiculous.... and we competed in both... I don't know if we can beat the cavs but we won't be steam rolled like the last couple games... I do agree though we need to have the top seed and I think we will. We have had one of the tougher schedules considering we have played the rockets, Cavs, and warriors. We have not been blown out yet. We are also missing a "starter" so the team will change and get better as we are developing our rookies at a faster pace then originally intended. This is all good. I really think come playoffs we will be ready to BALL.

Comment

we will never beat the Cavs in the play-offs the refs wont let that happen. lI'll be happy if we make it to the conference finals again and take it to a close game 7.

Comment

Says you. Dwane kyle demar and local rr poster KeonClark still have other plans
                      It's nice to have hope and 'other plans' but reality will set in. CAVS will be #1 seed. We need to ensure we finish 2nd /3rd to avoid CAVS in second round. We also need to get past first round in 5 games.

Comment

Jr Smith is out 4-6 weeks now would be a great time to make a run for 1st in the east. Cavs have no depth or bench so any injury to their rotation players is going to hurt them a lot.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          It's nice to have hope and 'other plans' but reality will set in. CAVS will be #1 seed. We need to ensure we finish 2nd /3rd to avoid CAVS in second round. We also need to get past first round in 5 games.
                          You're so sure? The raptors have better point differential, and a more durable roster. Plus the cavs have probably developed a pretty lax attitude towards the regular season.

Comment

You're so sure? The raptors have better point differential, and a more durable roster. Plus the cavs have probably developed a pretty lax attitude towards the regular season.
                            Lebron is currently playing 37.2 minutes a game. He hasn't played that much since South Beach. Also , from ESPN: "James' 39.4 minutes per game in December is the most he's played in this month since he was 22 years old."

That's 0.2 more than Lowry. (#3 & 4 in the league - DD is waaay down at #16, 35.2 mpg). That's not quite 'lax' but I'm starting to think the odds of the Raps taking the top seed are not quite as low as I thought before.

Doesn't change either team's status as a true contender/non-contender. Baby steps though.

Not that I think Cleveland (or anyone) is very close to beating GS - but I've been wrong before.
                            Last edited by Mess; Wed Dec 21, 2016, 02:32 PM.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

The best team in the conference doesn't always get the #1 seed, not sure why people (even Reggie Miller) thought us stealing it was so impossible.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                The best team in the conference doesn't always get the #1 seed, not sure why people (even Reggie Miller) thought us stealing it was so impossible.
                                Because we're the other.

Those bulls and knicks tho lemme tell ya

Comment

Working...
                                X