No announcement yet.

It's imperative that we get the #1 seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've hung up a divisional banner 3 years in a row now. Adding the first ever banner handed out for getting #1 seed within the whole conference just sounds right for this team and it's yearly improvement list.

Comment

Personally, I think this team thrives with a chip on their collective shoulders. Part of me thinks they're better off as the #2 seed, so they have something to chase for next year (and beyond).

Besides, when has this team ever taken full advantage of a playoff game 1 at home?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Personally, I think this team thrives with a chip on their collective shoulders. Part of me thinks they're better off as the #2 seed, so they have something to chase for next year (and beyond).

Besides, when has this team ever taken full advantage of a playoff game 1 at home?
        You know even if they end up as the #1 seed they will be getting next to zero respect from anyone in the media. It'll be a bunch of "they're a pretty good team but..." so it's not like there won't be a chip.

I think they're a more mature winning team than the one that was running away with the Atlantic while coasting and got swept by Washington.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          You know even if they end up as the #1 seed they will be getting next to zero respect from anyone in the media. It'll be a bunch of "they're a pretty good team but..." so it's not like there won't be a chip.

I think they're a more mature winning team than the one that was running away with the Atlantic while coasting and got swept by Washington.
          Agreed. I think they will keep that chip on their shoulder until they dethrone the Cavs. They are fully aware of how they are perceived around the league and in the media.

Comment

slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
            Jr Smith is out 4-6 weeks now would be a great time to make a run for 1st in the east. Cavs have no depth or bench so any injury to their rotation players is going to hurt them a lot.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post

Raptors best chance at getting to the Finals is something like Irving getting injured (not like he has the best injury history) and facing a worn down LeBron/Cavs in the East Finals.

I'd say best chance is a LeBron injury...but the Irving thing seems way more likely.

Comment

I'd prefer it if the Raptors made the Finals by beating the Cavs with their Big 3 intact (or the Cavs being knocked out in an earlier round by another team). Otherwise the media won't give the Raptors any credit for their being in the Finals, they were there only because the Cavs had an injury.

That being said, Smith, Frye, and Thompson could be mysteriously crated off to Abu Dhabi for the duration of the ECF and I wouldn't complain.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  You're so sure? The raptors have better point differential, and a more durable roster. Plus the cavs have probably developed a pretty lax attitude towards the regular season.
                  Yeah I'm pretty sure. Forget all the stats just watch the CAVS they cruise easily to victory on so many nights. To me the eye test tells me we have NO chance ---it's not happening. We need to focus on defense and having a proper cushion as second seed to rest key players. Barring a LeBron injury I would put odds at 1-2 percent af most. Accept it.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Yeah I'm pretty sure. Forget all the stats just watch the CAVS they cruise easily to victory on so many nights. To me the eye test tells me we have NO chance ---it's not happening. We need to focus on defense and having a proper cushion as second seed to rest key players. Barring a LeBron injury I would put odds at 1-2 percent af most. Accept it.
                    Losers attitude. I'd be fine if you just said you don't think we can, but the "accept it"..might as well also say "accept it" they beat us in the playoffs..nah..I don't watch every game in December to accept a fate in may
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Losers attitude. I'd be fine if you just said you don't think we can, but the "accept it"..might as well also say "accept it" they beat us in the playoffs..nah..I don't watch every game in December to accept a fate in may
                      The goal is to put yourself in the best possible situation to beat them in the playoffs. IF we cannot not achieve #1 seed which, given all that has transpired to date , seems highly unlikely then managing minutes and tweaking rotations seems the better route to achieve your ultimate goal--beating CAVS then going on to win an NBA championship. Over using key players and wearing them down is not the way to achieve your ultimate goal. You do need to accept that barring a significant injury we are not going to get the number one seed. That doesn't mean we cannot achieve our ultimate goal. Ask Indiana how that worked out for them year after year desperate to get that #1 seed running guys into the ground to ultimately end up losing to the Heat in the playoffs ?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Ask Indiana how that worked out for them year after year desperate to get that #1 seed running guys into the ground to ultimately end up losing to the Heat in the playoffs ?
                        Almost flamed out in 1st round against ATL, and played 4 more playoff games than Heat, before they met in Eastern Finals. Not good idea to follow their lead, I agree that 1st seed isn't worth extended minutes.

We've already lowered Kyle minutes to 35.1 in December, DeMar's even more, rested guys on every occasion that indicated our guy might be injured or sick, new lineups seems to emerge (even more tinkering can be expected when Sulinger returns) so that's good management so far.

But barring other injuries to Cavs or LeBron taking another 2 weeks break like 2 years ago I'd incredibly hard to catch up with their record. No more H2H meeting until last game of regular season, series already lost so we are effectively 3 games behind.

Comment

Pistons seemed to have opened as 5 point dogs vs Cavs but are now 5 pt favorites. Looks like Lebron and Kyrie may not play .

Meanwhile we opened 5.5 pt favourites and are up to 6. Good chance to pick up a game.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Pistons seemed to have opened as 5 point dogs vs Cavs but are now 5 pt favorites. Looks like Lebron and Kyrie may not play .

Meanwhile we opened 5.5 pt favourites and are up to 6. Good chance to pick up a game.
                            Both Kyrie and Lebron r questionable ( rest ).

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Both Kyrie and Lebron r questionable ( rest ).
                              You have to wonder how much the Cavs really even care about the #1 seed. I get the feeling that it would matter a lot more to our team than theirs which is slightly infuriating since they will still likely get it.

Cavs beating Warriors on Christmas was a big win for Cleveland.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

1 game back now.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X