Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8-10 Games into the D-League season.... should we start looking at 10-day contract players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-10 Games into the D-League season.... should we start looking at 10-day contract players?

With most of the league having already played 1/5th of their games so far, I think it might be time to start taking a look at handing out 10-day deals in case we get another injury or Sullinger has another set-back.

The 1st guy that comes to mind for me is Justin Harper of the LA D-Fenders. The guy's been torching everything he touches this season, hitting 50% from both inside and outside. His rebounding looks stronger and he's 27 years old, so he's an established player at this point.

I also like what Taveres & Uthoff from the 905 have been doing.

Do you guys know of anyone else who might be a nice fit coming in from the minors?
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

We don't have roster space unless we waive Van Vleet, for the record.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      We don't have roster space unless we waive Van Vleet, for the record.
      So we couldn't sign a guy thanks to the inactive list?
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        So we couldn't sign a guy thanks to the inactive list?
        The inactive list is just the list of guys you aren't dressing for that night's game. Roster size includes active and inactive players, and it's capped at 15 (with some rare exceptions that the Raptors are nowhere near being eligible for).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Not really any point in signing any 905ers to a 10 day contract at this point, even if we did have a roster spot available. The 905 runs similar offensive and defensive sets as the big club, so there's little chance of finding a hidden 'gem' that emerges as a result of a different system.

Plus, on the Raptors they'd get very few minutes of in-game experience compared with significantly higher minutes with the 905, and an opportunity to work through mistakes.

Comment

Working...
          X