Everything All-Star Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    If the Earth was round ,why don't the people in south Africa and Australia fall??
    Gravity...

We have time zones because when the Sun is illuminating one side of the spherical Earth, the other side is dark. This can only be explained if the world is round (Sphere), and rotating around its own axis. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vise versa.
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

You know how i know the Earth is flat? if the Earth was round like you liars say it is, then how come the water doesn't fall off the world??
      Gravity.

An object with mass has gravity and the gravitational force will attract things towards the object.

Earth has mass, therefore Earth has gravity. The mass of the Earth is greater than the mass of the oceans, therefore the oceans are attracted to the mass of the Earth.

Gravity is a weak force, and you have to be close to the mass before you will feel the effects of gravity. The Sun is very far away, as are the other planets, and the gravitational force from them is correspondingly weak. Earth is very close, therefore it has a stronger gravitational force. Thus the oceans are not attracted to any other planet or to the Sun.

But, the Moon is close, although not as close as the Earth, and the Moon has mass, although not as much as the Earth. The oceans are attracted to the Moon and do move towards the Moon, but because the Earth is closer and has more mass, the oceans do not escape from the Earth. This is why we have tides.

TRex wrote: View Post
      If the Earth was round ,why don't the people in south Africa and Australia fall??

... I choose to respect the commitment to your bit here rather then believe anyone who passed Grade 1 can believe this.

I mean, just focusing on the second one, you have to realize to people who live in those regions; WE'D be the ones they'd be wondering why they haven't fallen.

For f*cks sake ... I don't even get this conspiracy theory. Who does it benefit?
      Last edited by Just Is; Sun Feb 19, 2017, 05:06 PM.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• you gotta be shitting me Trex

Comment

• You guys are all getting baited by Trex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, they're right.
            Stop smoking

Comment

• There are more than few ways you can tell that the earth is not flat. HS education is enough

Comment

• Earth is flat. How could we stand on the Earth if it were round?
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Earth is flat. How could we stand on the Earth if it were round?
                  Herphloglafil.

I think you're one of those guys who think that gravity pulls everything down.

Comment

• Guys why else does the sun move in the sky? It rotates around the disk that we live on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chelsea FC goalkeeper:

Comment

• In all seriousness though, after last night's dunk contest, i'd like to see some highlight reel dunks tonight. LeBron, DeRozan, Giannis, Westbrook.....who else am i missing?

Last night's dunk contest was BY FAR the worst dunk contest ever.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• Y'all didn't see that TRex was using the Duke educated Kyrie's answers. Also Kyrie was trolling 'FakeNews' that said where's all the water coming from and going if it can fall off the edge of a flat earth?

Comment

• Suggestion - if guys like GRIII and Derek Jones are allowed to participate in the NBA dunk contest then why not allow some of the great dunkers that are not in the NBA? like Jordan Kilganon?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The fun part about the flat earthers is that they can answer so many questions with something that resembles logic (but is of course simply a well dressed imposter).

We ask why the sun goes around, they answer it rotates around us. We ask about the varying time of sun rise and location of the sun in the sky by season - and they come up with a pretty complex orbit that the sun goes through around the flat earth.

Where does the water come from if it keeps falling off the edge? Well, rain, obviously. If it didn't fall off the edge, all the rain would flood the world eventually if it doesn't have anywhere to go.

It's all just funny random alternatives to the laws of nature as we know and observe them.

As far as I can tell, no one who supports the "theory" has ever been truly serious about it. So when trying to counter it, just keep in mind it's all in fun. Even if not necessarily good fun.

The one thing I've asked that I've never gotten a good response on from a flat earther (if you allow their conspiracy theories that images from space are fabricated and not real), is how our non-geocentric satellites travel in a path through the sky predictable by actual science (ie incompatible with the flat earth theory), or how our geostationary ones stay up there against the "downwards" pull of gravity. Kind of disappointing, in all honesty. The bit is a pretty good one.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X