Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Add to it that Jordan is in but without CP3 he's nothing offensively
    Seriously, though, there's no argument for him not making it.

He's 13th in the NBA in total WS, and has played at least 300 fewer minutes than every other player in the top 20, with his WS/48 being the highest in the league. He's third in the league in BPM, 8th in VORP, 1st in RPM, 7th in WARP. He embodies what a PG should be - he has the third highest AST% in the league at 50%, behind only Russ and Harden (at 56% and 51%) while carrying a far lower usage rate than either of them (24% versus 42% and 34%), and his turnover rate is lower than every player in the league who has played over 500 minutes and has an AST% over 35%. He's 7th in PER. With him on the court, the Clippers have a +16 net rating, and with him on the bench, a -5 net rating. Those are the best and worst on his team, by far.

Paul should be in discussion for MVP, nevermind an all-star spot.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He's 13th in the NBA in total WS, and has played at least 300 fewer minutes than every other player in the top 20, with his WS/48 being the highest in the league. He's third in the league in BPM, 8th in VORP, 1st in RPM, 7th in WARP. He embodies what a PG should be - he has the third highest AST% in the league at 50%, behind only Russ and Harden (at 56% and 51%) while carrying a far lower usage rate than either of them (24% versus 42% and 34%), and his turnover rate is lower than every player in the league who has played over 500 minutes and has an AST% over 35%. He's 7th in PER. With him on the court, the Clippers have a +16 net rating, and with him on the bench, a -5 net rating. Those are the best and worst on his team, by far.

CP3 definitely deserves it, I just think the coaches ignored him because he'd be injured for it anyway so they might've thought there wasn't any point voting for him.

Comment

Paul is so consistently great he's become underrated, Playoff failures not withstanding. He seems to be lost in the shuffle of elite point guards now which is kinda odd
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Paul George doesn't deserve to be an all-star this year. I would have Embiid in there.

In the West - My only problem is Gobert/Jordan. Gobert imo is more deserving.
          i think in this case the coaches think Joel will get many more opportunities but that rational scares me based on the injury history he has that impacts big fellows careers more severely. the young man is inspiring his teammates to achieve higher expectations than the media had for the sixers while the pacers have gone the other way. if george played at last year's level than i would agree with the selection.

Comment

Paul has played in 36 games, that should be enough to get in. Usually guys get named and if they are hurt they also name an injury replacement. CP3 should hands down be in the all star game, no question. He's been insanely good this year.
            would the injury replacement designation only apply to the starters?

Comment

• I wouldn't have voted for Paul, knowing he'd be injured, I don't think that's unfair.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                I wouldn't have voted for Paul, knowing he'd be injured, I don't think that's unfair.
                That's definitely why he didn't make it. If he wasn't injured or if he wasn't expected to be out that long he'd be in

Comment

• I would really like to see the Boston game have the extra drama of being the contest that decides which staff coaches the eastern squad. Important game for our franchise with both kyle and debo's participation it would really enhance the exposure of the franchise if Case and the fellows could be there as well.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Oh, I guess steph is "above that" Now?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Oh, I guess steph is "above that" Now?
                        Taking a page out of Lebron.

Comment

• Let ross dunk! He put on quite a show the year that they had the STUPIDEST FORMAT EVER and no individual dunker actually won

Comment

• Good to see Jason Williams on Area 21. Used to watch Kings games mostly because of him. Dude was a magician with the ball.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Good to see Jason Williams on Area 21. Used to watch Kings games mostly because of him. Dude was a magician with the ball.
                              Everytime I see in the supermarket white chocolate I think of him lol

Comment

• fUCK FUCK FUCK. Aaron Gordon just got injured and he's doubtful to return. Hope it's not serious, dude is must see @ Dunk Contest

Comment

Working...
                                X