Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything All-Star Game

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Looks like Casey is going to be coaching the Eastern Conference Team this year.
    oh yeah, if we're first or second Casey will coach cuz Lue coached last year right ?
    Quote Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    I'm proud of the old guy

It won't be easy.. (for DeMar at least) Wade is still playing after all
    Ithink Demar might get a bit more votes than lowry this year but im scared irving and wade will ruin it for both of them
    Quote Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    DeMar and Lowry both deserve to be in once again. 2nd place in the East really helps with that too.
    Unpopular opinion: I think team success should have no bearing in All-Star selections.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    oh yeah, if we're first or second Casey will coach cuz Lue coached last year right ?
    Yep.

Raptors Republic Rookie Majesiu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Unpopular opinion: I think team success should have no bearing in All-Star selections.
    What about coach? Fan vote or let head coaches decide?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just interested to see if Giannis will get the nod over Melo or PG although I guess he could be put as the PF with Bosh gone. Crazy that a year ago I thought that Embiid was Oden 2.0 now I think he should be the starting All Star C. That SF/PF position is gonna get interesting when Simmons returns next year.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why? Team success is largely predicated on the play of its best players. Almost every team has a guy that will get 20 pts a game, simply because SOMEONE has to score. Conversely, lebron could take any roster to the conference finals. So unlike baseball or hockey, winning is a massive indicator of which teams best players are truly great
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Why? Team success is largely predicated on the play of its best players. Almost every team has a guy that will get 20 pts a game, simply because SOMEONE has to score. Conversely, lebron could take any roster to the conference finals. So unlike baseball or hockey, winning is a massive indicator of which teams best players are truly great
    Hmm yes and no....I certainly believe AD and KAT are more than worthy to be all stars and are truly great players regardless of their team's inability to win games.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't...for the starters, but the coaches most definitely disagree with you.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also put Embiid over any C in the East. He can't help the absolute pile of garbage his franchise has around him, I'd be shocked if they even would have won a game yet without him there. He has singlehandedly had them very close against some very good teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I would also put Embiid over any C in the East. He can't help the absolute pile of garbage his franchise has around him, I'd be shocked if they even would have won a game yet without him there. He has singlehandedly had them very close against some very good teams.
    Philly won their last game on Sunday against Detroit without him. And they beat Wash on Nov 11th without him too. And those are 1/3 of their wins.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Raptors Republic Superstar Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Majesiu wrote: View Post
    I think team success should count to a degree, but not to the degree that Kyle Korver is somehow an All-Star.

13. Like rightsideup liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I think team success should count to a degree, but not to the degree that Kyle Korver is somehow an All-Star.
    Kyle Korver was pretty awesome the year he was an all-star. Prior to the all star break he was shooting 50/50/90. He was only selected as an injury replacement from what I recall.

Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Majesiu wrote: View Post
    I mean best coach is a matter of opinion. The best stat to give a coaches worth is win/loss, no? Its a bit different for a coach than a single player imo. Players have a role, coaches are in charge of every role.

Plenty of great players are on awful teams, I don't think they should be punished so that a player getting boosted by playing alongside a great player/roster can be an all star.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean best coach is a matter of opinion. The best stat to give a coaches worth is win/loss, no? Its a bit different for a coach than a single player imo. Players have a role, coaches are in charge of every role.

Plenty of great players are on awful teams, I don't think they should be punished so that a player getting boosted by playing alongside a great player/roster can be an all star.
    How many "great players" are on awful teams?

Anthony Davis-yes. KAT is in his 2nd year it's not the same, durant couldn't win more than 32 games for 2 years. Demarcus cousins has been pretty thoroughly dissected here, and I guess John wall but he's not on of the 4 best guards in the east thus far anyway. That's it. The rest of the leagues top 20 are all comfortably in playoff spots.

I'm not comfortable putting a guy in who puts up empty stats night after night, but something is not working.
    The cream of the crop rise to the top
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Like Just Is, Nilanka, Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see us put in a 13th man/scrub in at Center. Like John Scott for the NHL ASG.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I'd love to see us put in a 13th man/scrub in at Center. Like John Scott for the NHL ASG.
    Bruno Caboclo #NBABallot

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They should really make it 2 front court, 2 back court and one utility.. to make it really fair. Out West one of Curry, Westbrook and Harden is going to get boned.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO:

East:

Porzingis
    LeBron
    Giannis
    DeRozan
    Lowry

West:

Davis
    Durant
    Leonard