Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 581

Thread: Everything All-Star Game

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Looks like Casey is going to be coaching the Eastern Conference Team this year.
    oh yeah, if we're first or second Casey will coach cuz Lue coached last year right ?
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    I'm proud of the old guy



    It won't be easy.. (for DeMar at least) Wade is still playing after all
    Ithink Demar might get a bit more votes than lowry this year but im scared irving and wade will ruin it for both of them
    Quote Abbas wrote:

    First of all i was my own source

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    DeMar and Lowry both deserve to be in once again. 2nd place in the East really helps with that too.
    Unpopular opinion: I think team success should have no bearing in All-Star selections.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    10,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    oh yeah, if we're first or second Casey will coach cuz Lue coached last year right ?
    Yep.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie Majesiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Unpopular opinion: I think team success should have no bearing in All-Star selections.
    What about coach? Fan vote or let head coaches decide?

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm just interested to see if Giannis will get the nod over Melo or PG although I guess he could be put as the PF with Bosh gone. Crazy that a year ago I thought that Embiid was Oden 2.0 now I think he should be the starting All Star C. That SF/PF position is gonna get interesting when Simmons returns next year.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Unpopular opinion: I think team success should have no bearing in All-Star selections.
    Why? Team success is largely predicated on the play of its best players. Almost every team has a guy that will get 20 pts a game, simply because SOMEONE has to score. Conversely, lebron could take any roster to the conference finals. So unlike baseball or hockey, winning is a massive indicator of which teams best players are truly great
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Why? Team success is largely predicated on the play of its best players. Almost every team has a guy that will get 20 pts a game, simply because SOMEONE has to score. Conversely, lebron could take any roster to the conference finals. So unlike baseball or hockey, winning is a massive indicator of which teams best players are truly great
    Hmm yes and no....I certainly believe AD and KAT are more than worthy to be all stars and are truly great players regardless of their team's inability to win games.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Unpopular opinion: I think team success should have no bearing in All-Star selections.
    It doesn't...for the starters, but the coaches most definitely disagree with you.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would also put Embiid over any C in the East. He can't help the absolute pile of garbage his franchise has around him, I'd be shocked if they even would have won a game yet without him there. He has singlehandedly had them very close against some very good teams.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    2,432
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    I would also put Embiid over any C in the East. He can't help the absolute pile of garbage his franchise has around him, I'd be shocked if they even would have won a game yet without him there. He has singlehandedly had them very close against some very good teams.
    Philly won their last game on Sunday against Detroit without him. And they beat Wash on Nov 11th without him too. And those are 1/3 of their wins.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Majesiu wrote: View Post
    What about coach? Fan vote or let head coaches decide?
    I think team success should count to a degree, but not to the degree that Kyle Korver is somehow an All-Star.

  13. Like rightsideup liked this post
  14. #33
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,732
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I think team success should count to a degree, but not to the degree that Kyle Korver is somehow an All-Star.
    Kyle Korver was pretty awesome the year he was an all-star. Prior to the all star break he was shooting 50/50/90. He was only selected as an injury replacement from what I recall.

  15. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Majesiu wrote: View Post
    What about coach? Fan vote or let head coaches decide?
    I mean best coach is a matter of opinion. The best stat to give a coaches worth is win/loss, no? Its a bit different for a coach than a single player imo. Players have a role, coaches are in charge of every role.

    Plenty of great players are on awful teams, I don't think they should be punished so that a player getting boosted by playing alongside a great player/roster can be an all star.

  16. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    I mean best coach is a matter of opinion. The best stat to give a coaches worth is win/loss, no? Its a bit different for a coach than a single player imo. Players have a role, coaches are in charge of every role.

    Plenty of great players are on awful teams, I don't think they should be punished so that a player getting boosted by playing alongside a great player/roster can be an all star.
    How many "great players" are on awful teams?

    Anthony Davis-yes. KAT is in his 2nd year it's not the same, durant couldn't win more than 32 games for 2 years. Demarcus cousins has been pretty thoroughly dissected here, and I guess John wall but he's not on of the 4 best guards in the east thus far anyway. That's it. The rest of the leagues top 20 are all comfortably in playoff spots.

    I'm not comfortable putting a guy in who puts up empty stats night after night, but something is not working.
    The cream of the crop rise to the top
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  17. #36
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  18. Like Just Is, Nilanka, Mack North liked this post
  19. #37
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    4,125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd love to see us put in a 13th man/scrub in at Center. Like John Scott for the NHL ASG.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.

  20. #38
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    I'd love to see us put in a 13th man/scrub in at Center. Like John Scott for the NHL ASG.
    Bruno Caboclo #NBABallot

  21. #39
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,732
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They should really make it 2 front court, 2 back court and one utility.. to make it really fair. Out West one of Curry, Westbrook and Harden is going to get boned.

  22. #40
    Raptors Republic Veteran TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    9,909
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    IMO:

    East:

    Porzingis
    LeBron
    Giannis
    DeRozan
    Lowry

    West:

    Davis
    Durant
    Leonard
    Harden
    Westbrook

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •