Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 569

Thread: Everything All-Star Game

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    sicamouse
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    interesting it will be neat to see if there is a big contrast in the voting (fans vs players vs media)

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star Just Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    2,491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rightsideup wrote: View Post
    interesting it will be neat to see if there is a big contrast in the voting (fans vs players vs media)
    That part I'm actually most interested in. I'm actually glad for the change myself.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy
    "We Ride with Lowry. We Die with Derozan" - Golden

  3. Like JawsGT liked this post
  4. #43
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Just Is wrote: View Post
    That part I'm actually most interested in. I'm actually glad for the change myself.
    I'm on the fence. Media already have other places to vote, players recently started with their own awards, I think. Depends on the purpose of the ASG - if it's purely entertainment value for the customers of the product, there's nothing wrong with the current system. You're engaging your customers and the most popular players (entertainers) are being chosen. The coaches choosing reserves is a good failsafe for any gross negligence.

    But if you want the ASG to be a more legit recognition for performance - at first glance that's great but then how are they not duplicating end of season awards? That's already the place for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team All-NBA + PoY awards. And the ASG seems more suited to pure fan entertainment, nobody's ever going to play defence, nobody really cares about the outcome, the whole show is just for the spectators.

    They should maybe cut down on contractual bonuses tied to ASG appearances and tie those to end of season awards only. Let the ASG just be a showcase for the fans.

  5. Like 3inthekeon, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  6. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'm on the fence. Media already have other places to vote, players recently started with their own awards, I think. Depends on the purpose of the ASG - if it's purely entertainment value for the customers of the product, there's nothing wrong with the current system. You're engaging your customers and the most popular players (entertainers) are being chosen. The coaches choosing reserves is a good failsafe for any gross negligence.

    But if you want the ASG to be a more legit recognition for performance - at first glance that's great but then how are they not duplicating end of season awards? That's already the place for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team All-NBA + PoY awards. And the ASG seems more suited to pure fan entertainment, nobody's ever going to play defence, nobody really cares about the outcome, the whole show is just for the spectators.

    They should maybe cut down on contractual bonuses tied to ASG appearances and tie those to end of season awards only. Let the ASG just be a showcase for the fans.
    The fact that all-star game appearances end up on a players resume and are used to justify things like making it to the hall makes me agree with the changes. Too many players get too many unjustified all-star nods due to being popular IMO. Plus there are alot of games after the all-star break for players to make a run for all-nba awards and such. But I get your point.

  7. #45
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    More negative press for Kyrie, please: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...a-elite-guards

    Really hope Lowry gets the start!
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  8. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar Zainab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    More negative press for Kyrie, please: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...a-elite-guards

    Really hope Lowry gets the start!
    They mention Wall in this article in good light, but not Lowry. Scandal.

  9. #47
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Zainab wrote: View Post
    They mention Wall in this article in good light, but not Lowry. Scandal.
    You may have skimmed this part.

    Comparing Irving to the above-mentioned guards makes the relative stagnation clear. There are four guards in the league who were top five picks like Irving, played significant minutes at age 19 or 20, and who we now consider to be MVP or near MVP-level players -- Paul, Westbrook, Wall and Harden.
    Age 19 Kyle was still at 'Nova and played only 175 minutes total at age 20. Plus he wasn't a top 5 pick, more like 24th.

    The criteria is also why Curry is not in the group either.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  10. #48
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    You may have skimmed this part.



    Age 19 Kyle was still at 'Nova and played only 175 minutes total at age 20. Plus he wasn't a top 5 pick, more like 24th.

    The criteria is also why Curry is not in the group either.
    I do agree he deserved mention at some point...
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  11. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I do agree he deserved mention at some point...
    No mention of Durant or Lebron or DD either.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  12. #50
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    No mention of Durant or Lebron or DD either.
    Do they play point?
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  13. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Do they play point?
    The story is not about who's the best PG now, it's about stagnation of Kyrie, comparing him with 4 other similar high draft pick PG's from ages 20 to 24 who had MVP consideration or in the case of Wall All-Star appearances by age 24.

    Kyle was nothing like those guys - late 1st rounder, never cracked 27 MPG till his 5th year in the league, totally different career trajectory.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

  14. #52
    Raptors Republic Veteran TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    8,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's that time!

    DeMar DeRozan #NBAVote
    Kyle Lowry #NBAVote



  15. #53
    Raptors Republic Veteran iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    links to vote:

    vote via raptors page: http://www.nba.com/raptors/vote-the-north

    vote via nba page: https://vote.nba.com/

    vote via google: https://www.google.ca/search?q=nba+vote

    vote via twitter (kyle lowry) : https://twitter.com/home?status=Kyle...y%20%23NBAVOTE

    vote via twitter (demar derozan) : https://twitter.com/home?status=DeMa...n%20%23NBAVOTE

  16. Like rightsideup liked this post
  17. #54
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    #NBAVote Bruno Mars

  18. #55
    Super Moderator Cody73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    3,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jerseys got dropped today:





    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    It starts with ....

    "tenforthewin wrote:"

  19. #56
    Raptors Republic Veteran TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    8,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You've got to be kidding me? those are ugly.

  20. #57
    Raptors Republic Starter GinobilisBaldSpot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Windsor, ON
    Posts
    246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Those jersey's are amazing...if they were for an Atlanta Hawks or Los Angeles Clippers D League affiliate.

  21. #58
    Raptors Republic Veteran tDotted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    5,961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Just what I expected. Wade/Irving ahead of Lowry/DeMar smh. And Zaza is again getting a shit ton of votes WTF. I hate the fan vote.. just let coaches and GMs decide.

  22. #59
    Raptors Republic Veteran TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    8,949
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry 6th behind Thomas and ROSE? what the fuck? and how is Wade 2nd?

    DeRozan AND Lowry DESERVES to start this game the way they're playing. DeMar i guess is our best chance since Lowry for whatever reason is way behind.

  23. #60
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tDotted wrote: View Post



    Just what I expected. Wade/Irving ahead of Lowry/DeMar smh. And Zaza is again getting a shit ton of votes WTF. I hate the fan vote.. just let coaches and GMs decide.
    DeMar will push past wade..Kyle is criminally low, he's the 2nd best player in the east
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 8 guests)

  1. Jangles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •