Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook lopez trade

Big V and the Yak for Big L
    Last edited by c-troop; Sun Dec 11, 2016, 04:56 AM.

So we trade for a poor rebounding big who can score. Lopez is not much of a rim protector and does not have great mobility on the perimeter. While his defense looks improved this year for once, how engaged would he be when we don't pass him the ball?

No thanks.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      So we trade for a poor rebounding big who can score. Lopez is not much of a rim protector and does not have great mobility on the perimeter. While his defense looks improved this year for once, how engaged would he be when we don't pass him the ball?

No thanks.
      thats where jared sullinger comes in.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
        thats where jared sullinger comes in.
        Then why wouldn't Sullinger just come in now without the trade? If we want a scoring big who struggles on defence, might as well stick with JV, no?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Then why wouldn't Sullinger just come in now without the trade? If we want a scoring big who struggles on defence, might as well stick with JV, no?
          i dont know what to say. sullinger has a boot on right now. and JV isn't as complete offensively as Lopez.

Comment

I actually don't mind the fit, for immediate outlook it is a slight bump forward.

It doesn't put us over though and we lose what are two great contracts. Whether you think JV has hit his ceiling or not (I say he hasn't) his contract is actually very reasonable even for a back-up C, which he is not. Yak, well rookie contracts are worth so much now and he has a lot of growth.

By the time we have to up Lopez, and he will certainly want/receive max, I see JV and Yak being worth more and being paid half.
            everybody wang chun tonight

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
              i dont know what to say. sullinger has a boot on right now. and JV isn't as complete offensively as Lopez.
              Yeah, but Sullinger's time frame to "come in" in the original suggestion is the same as his time frame to "come in" right now.

And Lopez is a higher usage scorer, that's for sure. Not sure that helps on this team. I know his rebounding would hurt, and his defence is not much better than JV's if at all (frankly, could be worse, hard to tell mediocre from terrible on that trash heap of a team).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The one positive to bringing Lopez in is that once Sullinger is able to take the boot off, it can be recycled to Lopez when injures his foot again.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  The one positive to bringing Lopez in is that once Sullinger is able to take the boot off, it can be recycled to Lopez when injures his foot again.
                  extra cap space.

Comment

Siakam - Lopez frontline, could be sexy fit in a year or two. I would like it a lot, if he didn't have those injury problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X