Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Game #25: Toronto Raptors 123 - Philadelphia 76ers 114

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    If I understand correctly you're implying Bebe is a supervillain?
    No, he's saying we need to make a trade for Bruce Willis
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Too early to get a good read on Boston, they've only had Horford for 15 games and it's a big shift to integrate him properly. Count me in as one of the skeptical ones though, the guys they lost/played more minutes last year had a versatility that really made their defence tick at a high level. They've gone higher profile without necessarily getting better.
    I really think they miss Turner and Sullinger.

Turner is not working out in Portland. I don't think he suddenly became bad but maybe because both McCollum and Lillard dominate the ball and they both can create their own shots. Turner is like a 5th wheel out there right now. In Boston.. it was Thomas and Tuner as the only guys who could get a shot off the dribble or make something late in the clock off a busted play. . Generically speaking neither Bradley or Horford is that kind of player and they didn't replace Turners skill set .Maybe they thought they could get it from the rook Brown but thats a ways off.. and not this year for sure...

Sullinger was the rebound king and this year despite Al being in the lineup for 60% of the games and Amir being available.. no one has really stepped into the position of being Windex Man.. the guy who cleans the glass.... like Sullinger did.

It was Turners choice to go.. and he has 75 or 80 million good reasons to do it. Danny and Brad may still prove to be right long term on walking away from Sullinger.... but they missed on replacing that skill set this year..

I think Danny boy has whiffed this year. Boston has some cap room and two top 10 picks in the next two years from the Nets and then the well will be dry.. and they are going to lose some of that cap room as guys like smart and olynky et all are coming off their rookie deals and are going to get paid...

Brown and one of those picks have to work out or the Celts will have squandered an opportunity.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Dec 15th, 2016 at 02:59 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    The first 9 minutes of the 4th had Siakam on the floor with JV. How is that trying out new combinations for a bench lineup?

Resting players long term is indeed important, but my point with this game is actually more to do with short term rest. Having the guys you want to close a quarter with out there at the start of the quarter makes little sense. Just means the guys playing at the very end of the game have as little energy as they could possibly have.
    Short term rest? This Wednesday game was their second game in five nights. And it's easy, regional travel (Toronto to Boston, Boston to Philly). And they don't play again until tomorrow. This is actually a part of the schedule where players can afford to play some more minutes without too much harm.

I think Casey intended to pull Lowry eventually, but Philly caught fire so it just happened Lowry stayed out there. I wouldn't read too much into it more than that.
    Last edited by CNinja26; Thu Dec 15th, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CNinja26 wrote: View Post
    think Casey intended to pull Lowry eventually, but Philly caught fire so it just happened Lowry stayed out there. I wouldn't read too much into it more than that.
    It's also Lowry's hometown and he had like 50 people in the stands. There was a moment on the TV coverage in the 4th, when I think they were up about 15 or so, with Casey and Lowry chatting during a timeout, maybe about whether it was time to sit down or not? Wondering if Lowry wanted to stay in to give his people a show. The shimmy after the mostly meaningless late 3 seems to suggest he had a little more at stake playing at home than he might usually have.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    It's also Lowry's hometown and he had like 50 people in the stands. There was a moment on the TV coverage in the 4th, when I think they were up about 15 or so, with Casey and Lowry chatting during a timeout, maybe about whether it was time to sit down or not? Wondering if Lowry wanted to stay in to give his people a show. The shimmy after the mostly meaningless late 3 seems to suggest he had a little more at stake playing at home than he might usually have.
    He goes there twice a year, every year. I think that's a bit of a reach. He kept a defensive lineup in because casey doesn't relax ever
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    He goes there twice a year, every year. I think that's a bit of a reach. He kept a defensive lineup in because casey doesn't relax ever
    As mentioned earlier in the game thread, last night was also Kyle's mom's birthday, and the 55 tickets that he had for the game was higher than normal - could well mean that the coincidence of events meant that there were relatives in town that normally don't get to see Kyle play when the Raptors visit Philly.

7. Like jimmie liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CNinja26 wrote: View Post
    Short term rest? This Wednesday game was their second game in five nights. And it's easy, regional travel (Toronto to Boston, Boston to Philly). And they don't play again until tomorrow. This is actually a part of the schedule where players can afford to play some more minutes without too much harm.

I think Casey intended to pull Lowry eventually, but Philly caught fire so it just happened Lowry stayed out there. I wouldn't read too much into it more than that.
    When is eventually? With 5 minutes left the Raps had an 18 point lead and Lowry had played 31 minutes. If you don't take him out then, when do you? He really should have been sitting to start the quarter, but there's no excuse for him to be still in the game with half the quarter gone and the same blowout score on the scoreboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    As mentioned earlier in the game thread, last night was also Kyle's mom's birthday, and the 55 tickets that he had for the game was higher than normal - could well mean that the coincidence of events meant that there were relatives in town that normally don't get to see Kyle play when the Raptors visit Philly.
    Dwane casey doesn't strike me as a "hit me right in the feels" kinda coach. I personally would be very dissapointed if they played kyle for his mom and bros..a kyle lowry long term injury ends our season on the spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Dwane casey doesn't strike me as a "hit me right in the feels" kinda coach. I personally would be very dissapointed if they played kyle for his mom and bros..a kyle lowry long term injury ends our season on the spot.
    Some players just sub themselves into games. Though I don't think Kyle would do anything to that degree, I imagine if he requested Casey to play him most of the quarter Casey would acquiesce. Like someone mentioned, he did appear to be going full throttle.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread Information