Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 'The Raptors currently have the best offense in NBA History' - CBSSports.com

Raptors Republic Superstar Mess's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another piece with a lot of detail, mostly all mentioned here at one time or another, all in one spot:

We'll see about that video though.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

2. Like golden, DanH, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Thanks for posting. Was it Christian who said we won't bringing 2Pat back next year? Yeah..Id bet against it. The common thread everyone says on the team here is that he's extremely tough to replace..
    I remember asking as last years trade deadline approached why almost everyone wanted to trade Patterson. He's almost a perfect fit in our system, but with the league-wide emphasis on spacing, defensive versatility and the ability to switch off screens, he could fit a lot of teams needs.

No wonder Weltman seemed so reticent to answer Koreen's questions. Every positive thing he said is gonna cost a few bucks more.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I remember asking as last years trade deadline approached why almost everyone wanted to trade Patterson. He's almost a perfect fit in our system, but with the league-wide emphasis on spacing, defensive versatility and the ability to switch off screens, he could fit a lot of teams needs.

No wonder Weltman seemed so reticent to answer Koreen's questions. Every positive thing he said is gonna cost a few bucks more.
    He is the perfect fit. The true "missing piece", or 3rd all star, would be better suited at Small Forward. Carroll was supposed to be that glue guy they describe. yeah...no.
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

He is the perfect fit. The true "missing piece", or 3rd all star, would be better suited at Small Forward. Carroll was supposed to be that glue guy they describe. yeah...no.
    Can't imagine what SF would be available though. Paul George obviously is the dream and is very tight with DeRozan from what I understand but if he went on the block I feel like we wouldn't be able to field the best offer unless Bird really loves the idea of a JV-Turner frontcourt pairing or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Maybe if you start at the end and watch it backwards it won't piss you off as much.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting. Was it Christian who said we won't bringing 2Pat back next year? Yeah..Id bet against it. The common thread everyone says on the team here is that he's extremely tough to replace..
    I think it was me. I'm still skeptical. Doesn't mean I personally wouldn't bring him back -- I do see his value and all things considered would like to see him stay. I'm pretty sure I said it was unlikely due to the cap. It's interesting; the dude is going to command $15M+ to stay in Toronto, is my baseline guess, but I wonder if he'd get that anywhere else... His exceptional impact may be a factor of our specific lineup...

I admit I have no idea as to PPatt's 'true' free market value...
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    I think it was me. I'm still skeptical. Doesn't mean I personally wouldn't bring him back -- I do see his value and all things considered would like to see him stay. I'm pretty sure I said it was unlikely due to the cap. It's interesting; the dude is going to command $15M+ to stay in Toronto, is my baseline guess, but I wonder if he'd get that anywhere else... His exceptional impact may be a factor of our specific lineup...

Everyone on the board, except one person, is hoping that he gets more than $12M 😁

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post

Actually we're pretty bad as a group at judging value.

If you look around the league, bigs that can space the floor are in high demand. Then toss in defensive versatility and high IQ. His list of potential fits is pretty lengthy - try to name a team where he wouldn't fit.

His limitation for suitors will be teams with insufficient cap space, greater needs elsewhere or teams like Phoenix that already are having trouble finding playing time for their young stretchy bigs.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

if patterson was a free agent last summer he'd probably get more than 15M. i don't know how things are shaping up this summer league-wide though.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Actually we're pretty bad as a group at judging value.

If you look around the league, bigs that can space the floor are in high demand. Then toss in defensive versatility and high IQ. His list of potential fits is pretty lengthy - try to name a team where he wouldn't fit.

His limitation for suitors will be teams with insufficient cap space, greater needs elsewhere or teams like Phoenix that already are having trouble finding playing time for their young stretchy bigs.
    Yeah, but, will he reproduce what he's doing in Toronto anywhere else, given how "fit" is so integral to his value, or is he plug-and-play on any team? That's the question other GMs will be asking themselves, and it's probably a really tough one to answer, given that his individual stats are not exactly mind-blowing.

I love him in Toronto, and it's obvious the players do, too. I guess I'm hoping other GMs might be risk-averse and low-ball PPatt. With Lowry getting the max, it's going to hurt to also pay PPatt what he probably deserves.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lupe wrote: View Post
    One could also make the argument that currently the Lowry+Bench lineups and the Lowry-DD-Carroll-PPat-JV lineups are thriving when they're on the floor, the two best lineups currently in the NBA. Inserting 2Pat into the starting 5 is going to affect when and how both of those lineups play and could potentially hurt them.
    One could also make that argument about starting the second half with that lineup, and Casey's been doing that.

Bringing Pat out of the game after the first 6-8 minutes would still line him up to play his usual Lowry+bench minutes if you really need to keep that lineup together (I don't think they need to and think they should experiment with other options, but you can replicate the current situation if you want to).

Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    if patterson was a free agent last summer he'd probably get more than 15M. i don't know how things are shaping up this summer league-wide though.
    Pretty much the same way. 15 is the new 8
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Another piece with a lot of detail, mostly all mentioned here at one time or another, all in one spot:

Has this been posted?

http://bballbreakdown.com/2016/12/26...ch-plus-lowry/

I believe the video is in here.
    Last edited by 3inthekeon; Sat Dec 31st, 2016 at 04:10 PM.

15. Like SkywalkerAC liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot damn, that Spinella kid's a minor prodigy - great knowledge combined with terrific television delivery at such a (presumably) young age, talking about his work.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information