'The Raptors currently have the best offense in NBA History' - CBSSports.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine wrote: View Post
    Just sayin. I dont know how people can see how bad our defense is and still think we're this dominant team. We are not gonna be able to win meaningful games by outscoring people like this at the end of the year. There are some serious problems that need to be addressed.
    Raps have been floating around league average defence for a while now. As have *gasp* the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Meanwhile, the team has shown they can defend when they need to. 5th best 4th Q defence. 5th best clutch defence.

It's a concern, yes. Big trouble? Nope.

Also, as a note, the only way any team ever wins is by outscoring their opponent.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Meanwhile, the team has shown they can defend when they need to. 5th best 4th Q defence. 5th best clutch defence.
      This is promising but I'm still concerned and we'll just have to wait and see.

DanH wrote: View Post
      Also, as a note, the only way any team ever wins is by outscoring their opponent.
      Ya thanks tips. Smh.

Comment

This is promising but I'm still concerned and we'll just have to wait and see.

Ya thanks tips. Smh.
        What good does it do for you to be concerned we're in big trouble?

Just a friendly suggestion to try to enjoy what we have now, which is better than anything we've ever had before.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Just a friendly suggestion to try to enjoy what we have now, which is better than anything we've ever had before.
          I mean here we have a "defensive coach" Dwane Casey team with "inefficient long-two" DeMar DeRozan at a super high usage leading the scoring, and the Raptors' ORTG is ahead of a D'Antoni team with an MVP candidate playing PG, the 72-win + Kevin Durant GSW, Chris Paul's Clippers playing as well as they ever have, and Lebron's championship Cavs. How crazy is that? The most extreme exceeding expectations case in franchise history, imho.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

No way we're outpacing the Warriors for best offense all season. Let's not worry so much about the defense for now, and enjoy the craziness we've got

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
              No way we're outpacing the Warriors for best offense all season. Let's not worry so much about the defense for now, and enjoy the craziness we've got
              Our schedule adjusted ORTG is actually ahead of them by a good margin, like 2.5 points per 100 possessions. The offence may slow down, but it won't be schedule effects or things balancing out that does it.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                I mean here we have a "defensive coach" Dwane Casey team with "inefficient long-two" DeMar DeRozan at a super high usage leading the scoring, and the Raptors' ORTG is ahead of a D'Antoni team with an MVP candidate playing PG, the 72-win + Kevin Durant GSW, Chris Paul's Clippers playing as well as they ever have, and Lebron's championship Cavs. How crazy is that? The most extreme exceeding expectations case in franchise history, imho.
                Inefficient? Not this year he's not.

Pretty amazing the Raptors are being talked about amongst that group.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Im absolutely enjoying it. And yes offensively we are better than ever before. Im loving it. Derozan has become exactly what we've been asking him to be for so long. Im super excited about the offense. But i still think last years team was better equipped to win in the playoffs. This has been going on for a few years here. We have these fans who only want to talk about positive things and ignore any concerns. They they disappear in the playoffs when those concerns become a reality. Im really enjoying the season so far. Just pointing out that there are legitimate concerns we need to address if we want to keep building on our success.

Comment

Dont care how good our offense is right now. Its fun and all but we're in big trouble.
                    I think what he's trying to say is...

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I'm loving every second of this. I'm old enough to remember the heartache of being a Raptors fan in all the years they sucked. Now they don't suck. No, they're not perfect, but damn this is fun to see them drop buckets on people.

I'm assuming they recognize that relying on outscoring people is not necessarily a recipe for success in the playoffs. I mean, they don't need to look back far to see how that can backfire. So I'm assuming they're working on that, or have some kind of plan for that. I know this team CAN play defense - we've seen great defense stretches when they need it. They just have to commit to it for a full game. They're not doing that now, clearly, partly because they don't need to with the offense clicking like this.

Comment

There are certainly things to be concerned about, but this thread is primarily about the historic O the raps are putting up, as in "never has been recorded this high before" historic good. This is presently the best offence the NBA has ever seen, think about that for a minute.

But to address the defensive concerns, I feel comfortable believing that we don't really have to worry about any other team in the East besides the Cavs. I didn't feel that way in years past even though I thought the Raps were the better team in some cases and lost. And I would have concerns about matching up with the defending champs even if we had a top 5 defence.

Comment

We The Other

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            We The Other

Without knowing anything about Justin Rowan, I am confident that Justin Rowan doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'incredible'..........

Comment

Does the NBA count inbounding the ball as a pass?
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Ya, allowing the Sixers to drop 114 points on us is a bit questionable, but all you have to do is think back to the Kevin O'Neill days, to remember just how BAD an offense can be. I'll take this any day of the week, as long as we lock down when we need to, which for the most part, we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X