X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo to Detroit

Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu, Marco Belinelli, Cash Considerations
    Detroit Trades: Richard Hamilton

The Pistons are in a curious spot. They should be rebuilding but have just invested lots of cash into Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. Gordon plays the same position as Richard Hamilton but isn't known for his passing. Neither is their starting PG Stuckey. Hedo Turkoglu gives this team a distributor (and therefore, some balance in their starting lineup). The trade likely means Prince is also on his way out. The cash considerations ($3 mil) could be replaced with a 2nd round draft pick.

PG: Rodney Stuckey
    SG: Ben Gordon/Marco Belinelli
    SF: Hedo Turkoglu/Austin Daye
    PF: Jonas Jerebko/Charlie Villanueva
    C: Chris Wilcox/Jason Maxiell

Plus whatever they get for Prince and their lottery pick.

As for Toronto, we get rid of Hedo Turkoglu and open up the SF position for the development of Weems/DeRozan. Assuming we re-sign Chris Bosh and pick up a centre in the draft we have:

PG: Jose Calderon/Jarret Jack/Marcus Banks
    SG: Richard Hamilton/
    SF: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems
    PF: Chris Bosh/Amir Johnson/Reggie Evans
    C: Andrea Bargnanni/(Draft Pick - Whiteside?)

The depth chart allows ample development time for DeRozan/Weems. It also allows Jarret Jack the opportunity to play the off-guard position sans Hedo. The lineup is also much more balanced defensively, allowing an all-defensive lineup of Jarret Jack/Hamilton/Weems/Bosh/Amir that still has a scoring punch.

Well, that re-sign Bosh assumption is certainly a big assumption...

Comment

I was just using it as an example. If we don't resign Bosh, then replace him in that roster with whatever we get in return.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu, Marco Belinelli, Cash Considerations
        Detroit Trades: Richard Hamilton

The Pistons are in a curious spot. They should be rebuilding but have just invested lots of cash into Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. Gordon plays the same position as Richard Hamilton but isn't known for his passing. Neither is their starting PG Stuckey. Hedo Turkoglu gives this team a distributor (and therefore, some balance in their starting lineup). The trade likely means Prince is also on his way out. The cash considerations ($3 mil) could be replaced with a 2nd round draft pick.

PG: Rodney Stuckey
        SG: Ben Gordon/Marco Belinelli
        SF: Hedo Turkoglu/Austin Daye
        PF: Jonas Jerebko/Charlie Villanueva
        C: Chris Wilcox/Jason Maxiell

Plus whatever they get for Prince and their lottery pick.

As for Toronto, we get rid of Hedo Turkoglu and open up the SF position for the development of Weems/DeRozan. Assuming we re-sign Chris Bosh and pick up a centre in the draft we have:

PG: Jose Calderon/Jarret Jack/Marcus Banks
        SG: Richard Hamilton/
        SF: DeMar DeRozan/Sonny Weems
        PF: Chris Bosh/Amir Johnson/Reggie Evans
        C: Andrea Bargnanni/(Draft Pick - Whiteside?)

The depth chart allows ample development time for DeRozan/Weems. It also allows Jarret Jack the opportunity to play the off-guard position sans Hedo. The lineup is also much more balanced defensively, allowing an all-defensive lineup of Jarret Jack/Hamilton/Weems/Bosh/Amir that still has a scoring punch.
        Since Bosh plays 35 + minutes a game and according to your scheme the Raptors will draft a backup for Baragnani at center that means that you want to cut Johnson's minutes to about 8 a game with Reggie getting maybe another 5.

I think this plan has a big hole in its screen door and the wind is blowing through the hole from the North.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I like it; Detroit willing to give up Hamilton for Hedo would be fantastic for the Raptors; But I'd go further and include Tyshaun Prince in the trade for Evans + Banks;

Problem is I seriously doubt Detroit would make this trade unless the Raptors include their 1st round pick.

Raptors would get:
          Tyshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton
          Detroit would get:
          Bellineli, Hedo, Evans, Banks + First Rounder.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Since Bosh plays 35 + minutes a game and according to your scheme the Raptors will draft a backup for Baragnani at center that means that you want to cut Johnson's minutes to about 8 a game with Reggie getting maybe another 5.

I think this plan has a big hole in its screen door and the wind is blowing through the hole from the North.
            Why are we cutting Johnson's minutes and why are we giving Reggie any minutes? This trade isn't even about Johnson, it's about unloading Hedo. And when you draft a 5, he's a project, so he probably won't be taking away too many minutes from your man-crush anyway :P

EDIT: And again, Chris Bosh resigning was just an example. The lineup could very well have Amir starting if Bosh doesn't come back.

@benito: Tayshaun is already in the final year of his contract. Detroit could fetch more than Reggie/Banks + Pick for him. I'm also uneasy of including our 1st round pick in the trade. Hamilton is on the downside of his career and only has a slightly better contract than Hedo.

If Detroit wanted more cap flexibility, we could include Reggie and take back Maxiell. They are similar players except that Maxiell is signed through till 2012/13.
            Last edited by Marz; Mon Apr 26, 2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

@MARZ: Keep in mind the Raptors would be giving up Hedo Turkoglu, and you should know what that means. Really is that a lot to give?
              Hamilton did scored 18ppg last year and He can eventually come off the bench if Derozan improves significantly.

And how can Detroit fetch more for Prince than same money in expiring contracts + a first round pick?? so you think Detroit will get ...what ...Rudy Gay for him??

Equal expiring contracts and a first round pick in exchange for Prince is a pretty good deal for Detroit. Tyshaun Prince is probably in the downhill of his career, but he has an expiring contract and you think he d be motivated and would do his best to play well and get another NBA contract. He 'd be a tough veteran wing player who plays DEFENSE, just what the Raps need.

Detroit does not need Prince at the SF as they have Daye and Jerebko;

like the deal, But I doubt Detroit would make this deal even with the Raptors including their First round pick because Hamilton has a year less in his contract than Turkoglu's.

Comment

if we can get both Rip and Prince, then yeah trade Hedo. That is if Bosh re-signs.
                I think the Raps are in a bad position, because they have to make changes first before Bosh signs, but he can still not sign if he doesnt like the changes. so then we'll be stuck with 2 new players who are complimentary to Bosh's game but he wont be here. Whoa. That hurt my brain.

But if Bosh doesnt re-sign, id probably keep Hedo. I have a funny feeling he'll get out of his "slump" and do damage next season.

Comment

I don't really think this helps either team. Turkoglu doesn't help them get younger, which is what they need to do, and Hamilton is declining fast. In two years, I'd much rather have Belinelli than Hamilton.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hedo's contract is worse than Hamilton's so I can't see the Joey D taking on that trade.

Maybe a more realistic trade for Hedo might be:
                    Hedo
                    Banks
                    Evans

For

Rashard Lewis

Lewis fits the mold of a guy that BC would like and Hedo goes back to Orlando where he was successful - not to mention that the Magic save a ton of money.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      Hedo's contract is worse than Hamilton's so I can't see the Joey D taking on that trade.

Maybe a more realistic trade for Hedo might be:
                      Hedo
                      Banks
                      Evans

For

Rashard Lewis

Lewis fits the mold of a guy that BC would like and Hedo goes back to Orlando where he was successful - not to mention that the Magic save a ton of money.
                      Youre sending Hedo back to a team that he took to the finals! and now with VC to add more damage! are you sure youre a raptors fan??

Lewis is a PF who averaged 4 rebs during the regular season. SOUNDS FAMILIAR????? Hhhhmmm, did you say Il Mago?

Youre essentially trading our 2 expiring contracts for another 2 years of 23mil per season. and for a guy who cant rebound and block shots, which is primarily what the raptors is lacking.

maybe it would be funky to see bargs and lewis standing behind the 3 pt line while jack is posting up, hahahaha

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        Youre sending Hedo back to a team that he took to the finals! and now with VC to add more damage! are you sure youre a raptors fan??

Lewis is a PF who averaged 4 rebs during the regular season. SOUNDS FAMILIAR????? Hhhhmmm, did you say Il Mago?

Youre essentially trading our 2 expiring contracts for another 2 years of 23mil per season. and for a guy who cant rebound and block shots, which is primarily what the raptors is lacking.

maybe it would be funky to see bargs and lewis standing behind the 3 pt line while jack is posting up, hahahaha
                        Lewis is more of a SF than PF. He's at the 4 to create mismatches on other 4s who aren't as quick and who don't want to go to the perimeter to defend him.

You're making Turkoglu seem like some sort of deity. The guy isn't anything special, and if you're saying you're sick then going out and partying after your team suffered a tough loss, that smacks of that you don't want to be here. Chances are, we'd get more production out of Lewis than Turkoglu. When has Lewis ever really blocked shots or been a steath rebounder? Turkoglu aside from the 19 board effort he put forth versus the Bulls hasn't really done much this year as it is. If Bosh is kept and Lewis is acquired as a 3/4 hybrid, the Raptors would be a lot more successful. I'd rather just two more years of Lewis at 23 mil per than Turkoglu of 4 more years at 10 per.

Comment

There is absolutely no chance the Magic would give us Rashard for Hedo. He was given his contract because of the special skills he has that fit their style of play. Orlando is not in money saving mode. If they cared about that they wouldn't have kept Gortat with that massive (for his role as a backup to Howard) new contract. They got VC in order to replace Hedo, which would make him a pricey redundancy on their roster. VC is doing well, Rashard's doing well, Hedo is playing like shit, why would Orlando commit suicide like that?

Comment

I always thought Hedo to Detroit is possibility, however the way this trade is proposed makes little sense for us. Why do we need Rip, do we need to pile more to the SGs we already have! Don't we need to give DD and Weems playing time to develop?
                            That said I think Hedo and one of our PGs can be part of a larger trade with Detroit your pick of Prince or Stockey.
                            I assume from following some of their threads that if we dangle JJ along we could get rid of Hedo without taking back the committment of Rip.

Comment

I think we already have a log jam at the sg position, we have DeRozan, Weems, Belinelli and somtimes Jack, brining in Rip is going to make it worse and hinder the growth of DeRozan and Weems as they are both SG's not SF's

Comment

Working...
                              X