Page 597 of 1702 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 595 596 597 598 599 607 647 697 1097 1597 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,940 of 34022

Thread: Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    It's getting funny to listen to away announcers go on about how the Raptors' defence always looks so much better to start the second half than the first the last few games, since it is a hilariously obvious reason. Pat has been starting second halves. It's not magic or voodoo, it's just the Raptors' actual starting PF getting starters minutes.

On that note, thought Siakam looked great beside Nogueira tonight. Nice to get some run for Van Vleet, though I thought they'd give those minutes, at least beside Lowry, to Powell. Held his own though. Nice showing.

Lowry amazing, DD great once again, yada yada yada... JV was very, very good in this one. Once he got Pat beside him he got unleashed inside, all over the boards with room to operate in there and scored basically at will in the post. That's one other effect of having Siakam beside him - paint gets clogged and we see him settling (stupidly) for a lot of contested jumpers. Clear the paint and he gets aggressive, which is nice (we see a similar, though less obvious effect with DD and Pat as well).

Orlando is pretty bad, but even good teams don't smash bad teams every night. So this was a very good win. Nice to get back on track right away after that silly Hawks game.
    it's funny how Casey just won't start Patterson right off the bat. I hope he comes around. Even when Sully returns, he would be a nice look off the bench to help Lucas, especially with rebounding and as a post up guy and pick n pop partner for Cory. So give Patterson the starting gig already...he deserves it and Sully can help the bench guys when he returns.

I was impressed with Van Vleet as well. Kid looked good out there. And Siakim looked concerned about losing minutes and came out hard in the second half. Made some good plays. We are deep!

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In keeping with the winning Dr. Strangelove theme from 007's winning effort yesterday, a little take on the Nets go for it strategy. A bit of fun and excitement the short while it lasted. And the consequences.

If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

3. Like KHD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what team Scola is gonna start for...

5. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even know half the players on the nets.

7. Like KHD, Joey, Just Is, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I don't even know half the players on the nets.
    Never occurred to me until you mentioned it. I got up to 7 names, then had to scroll up to look at the pictures. Had Lopez, forgotten Bogdanovich. I knew Kilpatrick and Booker are in there, but which picture belongs to which? And will have to check who's the other guy.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    They're a mess. I'm enjoying it, they were always so smug with their Dwight teams vs. Toronto's Bosh teams. I still remember hearing their broadcasters mock the uselessness of the Raptors when Raps were actually having a pretty good year. They made fun of Bargnani a lot. lol.
    Lol! So they were forward thinkers of the highest order.

11. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

Well, that just somehow became an even easier win.

13. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Fiba Scola doesn't make an appearance.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    it's funny how Casey just won't start Patterson right off the bat. I hope he comes around. Even when Sully returns, he would be a nice look off the bench to help Lucas, especially with rebounding and as a post up guy and pick n pop partner for Cory. So give Patterson the starting gig already...he deserves it and Sully can help the bench guys when he returns.

I was impressed with Van Vleet as well. Kid looked good out there. And Siakim looked concerned about losing minutes and came out hard in the second half. Made some good plays. We are deep!
    Yeah, Sullinger fits very naturally as a bench option behind JV and Pat. Can potentially sub for either, and fits very well with Bebe if they both come in at the same time. It's such a natural choice that we're pretty much guaranteed not to see it knowing Casey.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Well, that just somehow became an even easier win.
    I'll take it. Tough road games are coming up tho. @ Utah, @Blazers(post-xmas game), @Warriors

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll take it. Tough road games are coming up tho. @ Utah, @Blazers(post-xmas game), @Warriors
    Yep. Have to bank these while we can.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Scared shitless of going up against the best offense in the league

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

20. Like golden, Nilanka, DanH, 3inthekeon liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Demar DeBuckets is scoring so many points, all other possible stats may as well also be counted as points

22. Like hotfuzz, DanH, JawsGT, rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, Sullinger fits very naturally as a bench option behind JV and Pat. Can potentially sub for either, and fits very well with Bebe if they both come in at the same time. It's such a natural choice that we're pretty much guaranteed not to see it knowing Casey.

and it just makes sense for a guy coming off of injury and lost significant time and who hasn't even played with the team before to work his way into the rotation from the bench.

Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    They're a mess. I'm enjoying it, they were always so smug with their Dwight teams vs. Toronto's Bosh teams. I still remember hearing their broadcasters mock the uselessness of the Raptors when Raps were actually having a pretty good year. They made fun of Bargnani a lot. lol.
    It's best never to get too cocky in sports. What goes around comes around. Nothing is funnier than listening to the Cavs announcers with and without Lebron. You would have thought they'd have learned a little humility when he was gone but they learned nothing.....

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    and it just makes sense for a guy coming off of injury and lost significant time and who hasn't even played with the team before to work his way into the rotation from the bench.
    When you put it like that maybe we will see it...and that could finally push Pat into the starting lineup. And if everything works well in that arrangement, maybe, just maybe, we'll see that configuration stick despite preseason indications that Sully would start.

Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tDotted wrote: View Post
    Vogel was absolutely fuming
    Yeah he was. Emptied the bench around the 6 or 7 minute mark I think.

Raptors Republic Superstar Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    In an 82-game league, you can't overstate the value of just showing up and trying every night.
    Last years interation of the Hinkies won 10 games using that theory and they had little to no talent on that team. TJ McConnell started at PG for them but they played hard every night and won 10.

Vogel has some really heavy lifting to do in front of him. I think he can get it turned around but there has to be some alterations to that lineup they have right now.

Hennigan must have been drunk when he made that trade for Ibalka. He gave up waay to much and won't recoup half of that when he bites the bullet and trades Serge at the deadline. Hope he makes a better deal this time round for the Magicians sake.

Thread Information