Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference: Who's going to the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball wrote: View Post
    Is IT back for that game tomorrow?
    He's questionable. I'm PRAYING he plays

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      He's questionable. I'm PRAYING he plays
      Who'd have thought we'd be rooting for the Celtics at this point lol

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
        Who'd have thought we'd be rooting for the Celtics at this point lol
        No no no no. I'm not cheering FOR the Celtics, I'm just cheering AGAINST the Wizards. Big difference

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          No no no no. I'm not cheering FOR the Celtics, I'm just cheering AGAINST the Wizards. Big difference
          Haha point well taken

Comment

• So under one of life's truism's. Things don't always go as planned. Lets have a look at the upcoming week in macro terms for the Whiz / Chowderheads and Raps.

With the attention span of gnat and the analytic ability of a drunk after ordering his 9th beer our boy Matt Moore called the race for 2nd and 3rd seeds over a little less than a week ago. Uhh yeah.. right.

Shit happens. Issiah Thomas got a bit of a bobo on his knee and the unbelievably hot, win by coming back from 20 in the 4th quarter a couple of times, Whiz are coming back to earth and are nearing the mean. The Chowders dropped one to Philly and were life and death with the Nets without Thomas. The Whiz go 1 and 3 losing to Dallas at home and both of their roadies.

So Monday sees the Chowders and the Whiz face off in Boston. As so well put by tdotted we are cheering against the Whiz and not for Boston tonight because with a loss the Whiz are but a single game up in the loss column. Expect Thomas to play tonight. If he doesn't he really is hurt.

Tuesday sees the Bulls come into the ACC. The Bulls suck and just like the Bucks finally won a game against the Raps who have owned them for the last 6 years so will the Raps beat the Bulls on Tuesday to pull within a game of the Whiz.

Wedensday sees the Chowderheads hosting the Pacers who we drubbed bad on Sunday. The Pacers are going to fall from 6th.. maybe as far as 8th if the Bucks and Detroit and the Heat keep playing well. One of those 4 isn't going to be in the dance and every game means something. Never underestimate a desparate team. Still the Chowders should win with Thomas back in the lineup.The banged up Hawks go to DC to take on the Whiz with no Milsap and no Bazemore. Have to think that the Whiz who are good at home win this one before they have to get on a plane to go on a really tough 5 game roadie starting in Cleveland on Saturday but before that they get guaranteed win night as the Nets come into town on Friday.

Thursday sees the Raps back in South Beach. The Heat embarrased them the last time out. Raps have a bounce back and will show up this time. The Heat can't stay as red hot as they have been and this is one of those games where you see that they are starting Dion Waiters and two second round guys. Raps could eke out an ugly win but it will be close. The Dino's then board the plane and are off to Dallas for a Saturday niter. They handled Dallas pretty well last time out and the Mavs still have a few guys hurt. None of the Raps games are B2B's so they should be in good enough shape to take out the Mavs.

The Chowderheads in the easy part of their schedule get the tanking SUns at home on Friday and should chalk up a win. The Whiz have to travel to Lebron country where the Cavs who struggled against the lowly Lakers last night will be starting to gear up for the playoffs and take care of the Whiz at home. It could be a 2nd round preview. Look for the Cavs to try to send a message.

Sunday sees the Chowders hosting the Heat who are going to be looking to win every game they can to stay in the race for the playoffs. This could go either way.

So as we look back after this coming week the forecast is for the Whiz to continue to fall and the Raps rise. The Chowders will hold their own and 2nd place.

Whiz go 2 and 2
            Raps go 2 and 1 maye 3 and 0 but more likely 2 and 1
            Chowderheads go 3 and 1

The Raps will be a game back of the Whiz or possibly tied with them as the Whiz head out west for 4 games at the end of the week. The Whiz draw the Lakers ...the Clips.. the Jazz and the Warriors. First stretch of games sees them having to play 3 games in 4 days. The Raps on the other hand get the Magic, Hornets , Indy and Philly all at home. Could be a whole new set up in two weeks time. Wonder what Matt says then ? Likely something in character.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 20, 2017, 02:03 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• It's a little crazy that Miami is essentially a half game back of the 6th seed. I say "essentially" because they are 1 and 1/2 games back of the Pacers but if we are serious about finishing strong (whether or not that's for the 3rd seed) that should include two more wins over Indy which puts the Heat 1/2 game back. It's going to be an interesting last week. Then again, we also have two games left with the Heat.
              Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Mar 20, 2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                It's a little crazy that Miami is essentially a half game back of the 6th seed. I say "essentially" because they are 1 and 1/2 games back of the Pacers but if we are serious about finishing strong (whether or not that's for the 3rd seed) that should include two more wins over Indy which puts the Heat 1/2 game back. It's going to be an interesting last week.
                The Pacers host the Jazz tonight and after seeing them listlessly go through the motions at the ACC I wonder what team comes down the runway tonight. Pacers generally play really well at home but its a homecoming for George Hill. No matter what sport or what level there is nothing like the feeling of sticking it to the team who cut or traded you. The Jazz players are well aware of this despite any cliche ridden crap of its just another game. I think the Heat, Pistons and Bucks will all pick up a half game tonight courtesy of the Jazz.
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 20, 2017, 07:15 PM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Celts vs Wiz now. Thomas is playing

Comment

• Cheering for the Celtics is very difficult. I'm so used to hoping they miss their shots.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      The Pacers host the Jazz tonight and after seeing them listlessly go through the motions at the ACC I wonder what team comes down the runway tonight. Pacers generally play really well at home but its a homecoming for George Hill. No matter what sport or what level there is nothing like the feeling of sticking it to the team who cut or traded you. The Jazz players are well aware of this despite any cliche ridden crap of its just another game. I think the Heat, Pistons and Bucks will all pick up a half game tonight courtesy of the Jazz.
                      FWIW, Pacers last 13 games..L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L-....

Comment

• Celtics up by 11 at half-time. Keep on missing shots Wizards!

Comment

• Atlanta getting smoked by Charlotte. Not sure how long Millsap is out but they could free fall

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            Atlanta getting smoked by Charlotte. Not sure how long Millsap is out but they could free fall
                            And Wiz are down 20.

Things are looking good
                            Last edited by tDotted; Mon Mar 20, 2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Scott Brooks... smh

Comment

• 4th is all but clinched. We have but one mission until the playoffs: take down Washington!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X