Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference: Who's going to the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If Celtics actually get the #1. They must be the less indimidating #1 seed of all time.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Atlanta 2 years ago was the #1 as well
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Good point. Probably a tie between those two lol.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'd say the Atlanta of 2 years ago beats this Boston team in 6 games. The Celtics really would be the most unimpressive 1st seed I can remember.

Comment

Nah Celtics this season takes the cake. They won't even make the conference finals

Comment

• Washington has away games at the Lakers, Clippers (B2B), Utah, Golden State, home to Charlotte, at the Knicks, home to Miami, at Detroit, and at Miami.

Comment

• Detroit Pistons Playoff Run ends March 27 2017.... RIP
              Lost to the Knicks by 14

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Sadly they are still kinda in it. But yeah it feels like a dead man walking (though Zombie Bulls showed that its possible to survive like that)

Comment

• Dream final seeding:

1. Raptors
                  2. Celtics
                  3. Cavaliers
                  4. Wizards
                  5. Heat
                  6. Pacers
                  7. Hawks
                  8. Pistons
                  SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
                    Dream final seeding:

1. Raptors
                    2. Celtics
                    3. Cavaliers
                    4. Wizards
                    5. Heat
                    6. Pacers
                    7. Hawks
                    8. Pistons
                    I'd swap celts and wiz so we get Boston in Round 2, and move the heat to 6th to give the Cavs a tougher first round opponent.

Comment

• Chefff wrote: View Post
                      I'd swap celts and wiz so we get Boston in Round 2, and move the heat to 6th to give the Cavs a tougher first round opponent.
                      Nah move Heat to 7th so they eliminate the Celtics in the first-round

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                        Sadly they are still kinda in it. But yeah it feels like a dead man walking (though Zombie Bulls showed that its possible to survive like that)
                        I like the Pistons but there is just to much to overcome right now.

Reggie Jackson who Stan spent big money on is not what they paid for. Throw in the attitude and thats a problem.
                        Andre Drummond still can't hit free throws and takes himself out of games when its close and its late. Having to take possibly the best rebounder in the game out when it counts. Thats a problem.
                        They have 34 wins and will need 42 or 41 to get in.. that means taking 7 of 8 or all 8 of their remaining games. Thats a problem when your 1 and 7 in your last 8.
                        And on the schedule are the Whiz, Raps, Heat and Nets at home. The Bucks, Rockets, Grizz and Orlando on the road.
                        Lets say they take the Nets and Orlando. That leaves them to take 5 of 6 against the others.
                        Possible. Yes Likely. No.

Deetroit Basketball. RIP City. March 27, 2017.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Meanwhile.. in Cleveland.

- TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            I like the Pistons but there is just to much to overcome right now.

Reggie Jackson who Stan spent big money on is not what they paid for. Throw in the attitude and thats a problem.
                            Andre Drummond still can't hit free throws and takes himself out of games when its close and its late. Having to take possibly the best rebounder in the game out when it counts. Thats a problem.
                            They have 34 wins and will need 42 or 41 to get in.. that means taking 7 of 8 or all 8 of their remaining games. Thats a problem when your 1 and 7 in your last 8.
                            And on the schedule are the Whiz, Raps, Heat and Nets at home. The Bucks, Rockets, Grizz and Orlando on the road.
                            Lets say they take the Nets and Orlando. That leaves them to take 5 of 6 against the others.
                            Possible. Yes Likely. No.

Deetroit Basketball. RIP City. March 27, 2017.
                            I think the 8th seed could end up with 39 or 40 wins, depending on how the Heat do down the stretch. So 5 or 6 out of 8 is more likely (though still incredibly unlikely). A game and a half is still a decent chunk of ground to make up in 8 games.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              I think the 8th seed could end up with 39 or 40 wins, depending on how the Heat do down the stretch. So 5 or 6 out of 8 is more likely (though still incredibly unlikely). A game and a half is still a decent chunk of ground to make up in 8 games.
                              Don't think so Dan.
                              Hawks and Bucks and Indy all have 37 already.
                              Bucks and Indy pretty likely to get 4 or 5 wins out of the last 9.
                              Hawks are going to be short Milsap for a few more games but think they too will get 4 or 5 with the Nets, Philly and the Suns on the sched and then Milsap comes back for a really big game against the Bulls.

My cracked and opaque crystal ball says its the Bulls n Heat n Hawks scrapping for the last two in...

Last week i said its between the Heat and Bulls as last man in.. with Milsap out for another 3 games it might be between the Hawks and Bulls now. Going to take 41 to get in the door.

We will see in a couple of weeks.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 28, 2017, 10:07 AM.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Meanwhile.. in Cleveland.

I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X