Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference: Who's going to the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick look at whats happening in the East on a lazy Sunday afternoon

Nets at the Hawks No Milsap today. No Bazemore today. Tied for 6th. If they lose to the Nets the Hawks could be tied for 7th come Monday morning and they will have to look in the mirror and say they have lost to the freaking Nets. The Nets truly do stink but the Hawks better start flapping their wings right now. They trail at the half as I write this. It aint pretty in the land of Coca-Cola and CNN right now.

Bulls at the Bucks The Bucks have kicked the crap out of the Bulls each time this year. The Bulls are on the ropes in terms of making the playoffs. The Bucks land a haymaker today in Milwaukee and the Bulls go down and they aren't getting up at the 8 count.

Philly at Indy The home warriors Pacers take on the Hinkies who don't have anyone really. Saric is playing well but there is no one on that team that really scares you right now with Joel Embiid scheduled yet again to be on the table for another knee repair. Indy by all accounts should take this one. Should. They really oughta...

Heat in Chowda-town The Chowders can move into a tie for first with a win. They would still be one back in the loss column but they would be in first with less than 10 games to go. Standing in their way are the incredibly desperate Heat. The Heats game is all out .. flat out... all game long energy to compensate for paucity of talent. Its not changing today. The Heat match up really well against the Chowders and with Whiteside playing will crush them on the glass giving the incredibly pesky South Beach crew more than their share of 2nd chance points tonight. The Chowders dream of being in first hits a speedbump at home today. Heat W.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Mar 26, 2017, 02:20 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      A quick look at whats happening in the East on a lazy Sunday afternoon

Nets at the Hawks No Milsap today. No Bazemore today. Tied for 6th. If they lose to the Nets the Hawks could be tied for 7th come Monday morning and they will have to look in the mirror and say they have lost to the freaking Nets. The Nets truly do stink but the Hawks better start flapping their wings right now. They trail at the half as I write this. It aint pretty in the land of Coca-Cola and CNN right now.

Bulls at the Bucks The Bucks have kicked the crap out of the Bulls each time this year. The Bulls are on the ropes in terms of making the playoffs. The Bucks land a haymaker today in Milwaukee and the Bulls go down and they aren't getting up at the 8 count.

Philly at Indy The home warriors Pacers take on the Hinkies who don't have anyone really. Saric is playing well but there is no one on that team that really scares you right now with Joel Embiid scheduled yet again to be on the table for another knee repair. Indy by all accounts should take this one. Should. They really oughta...

Heat in Chowda-town The Chowders can move into a tie for first with a win. They would still be one back in the loss column but they would be in first with less than 10 games to go. Standing in their way are the incredibly desperate Heat. The Heats game is all out .. flat out... all game long energy to compensate for paucity of talent. Its not changing today. The Heat match up really well against the Chowders and with Whiteside playing will crush them on the glass giving the incredibly pesky South Beach crew more than their share of 2nd chance points tonight. The Chowders dream of being in first hits a speedbump at home today. Heat W.
      Any idea who own the tiebreaker between cavs and celts?

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
        Any idea who own the tiebreaker between cavs and celts?
        Its 1-1 right now. One game remaining on April 5th.

Comment

• Hawks are in freefall now without Millsap, they did indeed lose to the freaking Nets (although the Nets are 5-5 in their last 10, so they're not as terrible recently as their record suggests).

Bucks in 5th place now, with the Pacers only a game behind. So many tight races in the East for 1st, 3rd, 5th and 8th. It's awesome.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            Hawks are in freefall now without Millsap, they did indeed lose to the freaking Nets (although the Nets are 5-5 in their last 10, so they're not as terrible recently as their record suggests).

Bucks in 5th place now, with the Pacers only a game behind. So many tight races in the East for 1st, 3rd, 5th and 8th. It's awesome.
            I have a feeling it's all going to come to that last day when everyone plays at the same time. Crazy that each night will sway so much over the next two weeks

Comment

• All I care is that we don't have to play CLE in the 2nd rd.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                All I care is that we don't have to play CLE in the 2nd rd.
                Ditto.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  All I care is that we don't have to play CLE in the 2nd rd.
                  Based on schedules etc looking increasingly like we end up 2 and 3 with the cavs.

If the season ended today, we're 1 and 4 and play the cavs in round 2. If recent trends and strength of sked play out, we're 2 and 3 and play the cavs in round 2.

Basically we need to be accepting of that very real possibility. And honestly who cares. What's our goal here? To be better than the Boston celtics? The entire premise of this season is to get to cleveland and sting them with an uppercut, then a right to the jaw as they stagger, then "down goes the king! Down goes the king! The raptors are moving on!"

THAT is the goal. I give 2 shits if we beat 2 teams we'resupposed to then get shellacked by cleveland in round 3 instead of round 2. Sure it extends the fun a couple more weeks and is definitely more preferable, but it doesn't change the franchises progress report one iota
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Based on schedules etc looking increasingly like we end up 2 and 3 with the cavs.

If the season ended today, we're 1 and 4 and play the cavs in round 2. If recent trends and strength of sked play out, we're 2 and 3 and play the cavs in round 2.

Basically we need to be accepting of that very real possibility. And honestly who cares. What's our goal here? To be better than the Boston celtics? The entire premise of this season is to get to cleveland and sting them with an uppercut, then a right to the jaw as they stagger, then "down goes the king! Down goes the king! The raptors are moving on!"

THAT is the goal. I give 2 shits if we beat 2 teams we'resupposed to then get shellacked by cleveland in round 3 instead of round 2. Sure it extends the fun a couple more weeks and is definitely more preferable, but it doesn't change the franchises progress report one iota
                    I agree completely. As a fan, hell yes 3 rounds would be more fun (that's still assuming A LOT before they've actually played the games) than 2 rounds, but from the "next step" and "team goals" point of view of year over year improvement, the next step for this team is not to have a repeat of last year (cue the treadmill hysteria!) but to beat the Cavs, plain and simple. Being able to beat every team in your conference but one is fine for your first deep postseason run, it's not fine for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. Enough with deifying Lebron James in the Eastern Conference, the Raptors have to beat him.

Also, the seeding is way too tight with way too many variables now that teams sit entire starting lineups for rest, there's no way to even try to play the schedule to angle for certain match-ups. It's pointless, whatever happens will happen.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• To paraphrase Mr. KeonClark . the road to the eastern final championship runs on I90 through Cleveland.

You gotta play them sometime and it really doesn't matter when.

Tonight sees a couple of games as the league enters the last couple weeks of the season.

Lebrons in San Antonio This is a big game for the Lebrons. They have 10 games left to address their pretty horrific defensive posture. Tyrone Lue is floating up some idea that he can make a tactical adjustment and all will be well. If it was the easy he would have done it 4 weeks ago. Defense is all hard work and discipline. Losing to the Spurs isn't a sin.. but if the defense is MIA again tonight doubt is going to rear its head inside the Cavs locker room... and with two weeks to go to the playoffs the timing couldn't be worse.

Detroit at the Knicks The Pistons chances for the playoffs are all but over. If they lose this one to the Bermuda Triangles they will be over. They'd have to run the table and win 7 in a row to get to 42 wins to give themselves a shot. One game at a time. Tonight will show if the Pistons still believe or are going to mail it in the rest of the way.

Orlando in The"6" Orlando is tied with the Hinkies for 13th. They flat out stink. The end of the season can't come fast enough for the Magicians. Raps win their 6th in a row. Hope the home crowd gives Terrence Ross a warm welcome. He deserves it.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Mar 27, 2017, 04:42 PM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• If cavs go 5-5 and raptors go 8-1 to finish.....

Hehehe
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just read in a Mark Stein power ranking that Cleveland is 19-17 since the Kyle Korver trade.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Just read in a Mark Stein power ranking that Cleveland is 19-17 since the Kyle Korver trade.
                            This is the classic, this team is unbeatable (Lebron is unbeatable) until they are beaten. Reminds me a bit of the Shaq-Kobe Lakers

Comment

• If Celtics actually get the #1. They must be the less indimidating #1 seed of all time.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I don't care where we finish, as long as we prove we are at least a top 6 team in the league. I think we are, but injuries have come back to bite us this year. If were 100% come playoffs & Lowry is settled in, all I can say is watch out. This team is already proving itself to be amazing since the trades occurred, but add Lowry to that mix.... all I can say is DAMN.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X