Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference: Who's going to the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We need them to finish 1st.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      We need them to finish 1st.
      Yeah, well, I wouldn't bet on that anymore. Celts remaining schedule is full of soup cans and cupcakes. Of their 8 remaining they'll likely be favoured in every game except maybe on the road against the Hawks. Cavs probably need to go 7-2 or even 8-1 to have a chance.

Meanwhile, WSH sees the LA teams back-to-back and then the Jazz and Warriors. Plus, they see Miami two more times. Looks like they're going to need to go minimum of 6-3 to stay ahead of Toronto (assuming Raps go 5-3 down the stretch, which seems even a little light with how they are playing). Will be interesting to see if Toronto and/or WSH play any games to avoid the Cavs. But question: do you want to avoid the Cavs?

Comment

• Assuming the top half of the standings finish Boston / Cleveland / Toronto / Washington. The 5-7 seeds (Atlanta, Indiana, and Milwaukee) all have identical records, and realistically could finish in any order.

Currently the #8 seed, Miami's schedule has games at the Pistons, at the Knicks, hosting the Knicks, hosting the Nuggets, at Charlotte, at Toronto, at Washington, hosting Cleveland, and hosting Washington. I think it's pretty unlikely with that schedule that they'll make up the two games on the 5 to 7 group to get to the #7 seed.

The #9 seed, Chicago hosts Cleveland, hosts Atlanta, visits the Pelicans, visits the Knicks, at Philadelphia, at New Jersey, hosts Orlando, hosts New Jersey. Can definitely see the Bulls overcoming the half-game lead that the Heat have over the Bulls with this schedule

The Pistons, in 10th, would seem to be effectively unable to overcome the 1.5 game lead by the Heat - their remaining schedule has a number of playoff teams

So.. that would likely mean a matchup of the Celtics/Bulls in the first round, and I'd guess Cleveland/Atlanta, Toronto/Indiana, Washington/Milwaukee (hey, look, repeats of playoff match-ups from last year!).

Comment

• I want to see Miami vs Boston first round so badly. I want Boston to lose so badly.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            I want to see Miami vs Boston first round so badly. I want Boston to lose so badly.
            Nah....I rather MIA wear CLE down and we boot BOS' cocky ass out the Playoffs.

Not saying that it's likely but I'd absolutely love to sweep them.

Comment

• I don't know why you guys think miami is so scary I think they'll go out with a whimper in a 7 game series. They were on fire but have come back down to earth, they're a scrappy .500 team at best. Indy and atlanta are far scarier propositions for a possible upset Imo
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                I don't know why you guys think miami is so scary I think they'll go out with a whimper in a 7 game series. They were on fire but have come back down to earth, they're a scrappy .500 team at best. Indy and atlanta are far scarier propositions for a possible upset Imo
                I think that people are thinking that, while Miami isn't a huge likelihood of upsetting the #1 seed, a series against them will make the opposing team work hard, and expend a lot of energy. Against a team like Boston, Dragic can keep up with IT, and also put pressure on him at the defensive end - if IT gets into foul trouble, there's a greater chance that the Boston offense stalls. The Celtics are already a poor rebounding team, and Whiteside's presence in the paint isn't going to make that any better. Finally, the whistle tends to be tighter in the playoffs, and that will definitely impact the number of times Thomas (8.6 per game - same as Demar) and Smaht (flops on the defensive end like a fish) get calls.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Don't think so Dan.
                  Hawks and Bucks and Indy all have 37 already.
                  Bucks and Indy pretty likely to get 4 or 5 wins out of the last 9.
                  Hawks are going to be short Milsap for a few more games but think they too will get 4 or 5 with the Nets, Philly and the Suns on the sched and then Milsap comes back for a really big game against the Bulls.

My cracked and opaque crystal ball says its the Bulls n Heat n Hawks scrapping for the last two in...

Last week i said its between the Heat and Bulls as last man in.. with Milsap out for another 3 games it might be between the Hawks and Bulls now. Going to take 41 to get in the door.

We will see in a couple of weeks.
                  Hawks and Bucks and Indy are in the 5-7 spots. We're talking 8 seed, the current owner of which is 35-38 (DET is 1.5 games back). It will depend entirely on whether the Heat get hot again - they'd need to go 5-4 to hit 40 wins and force DET to hit 41 wins, and that's assuming they beat DET in their next game, because otherwise DET has the tie breaker (they are 2-1 vs MIA this year) and Miami would have to go 6-3 to force DET to hit 41 to make the playoffs.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I don't know why you guys think miami is so scary I think they'll go out with a whimper in a 7 game series. They were on fire but have come back down to earth, they're a scrappy .500 team at best. Indy and atlanta are far scarier propositions for a possible upset Imo
                    Atlanta? No way. Indy is might be better because of Paul George.

Miami is still really good. They've slipped lately and that's mainly due to Waiters being sidelined with injury

Comment

• I'm actually kind of (irrationally?) worried about Milwaukee, mostly because who knows what the Greek Freak is capable of in the playoffs. I'd much rather play Indiana or Atlanta.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The only teams I am not too worried about in the playoffs are the Celtics and the Hawks. The Celtics are cruising, but when things get more physical, IT is gonna have a terrible time scoring. With the Hawks, there is just so much uncertainty about Milsap. He is having a knee procedure, but will he come back at 100%.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                          The only teams I am not too worried about in the playoffs are the Celtics and the Hawks. The Celtics are cruising, but when things get more physical, IT is gonna have a terrible time scoring. With the Hawks, there is just so much uncertainty about Milsap. He is having a knee procedure, but will he come back at 100%.
                          I'm not sure IT won't get calls. Look at Paul george last year in the playoffs. Got the full on diva treatment from the zebras through the whole series.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Hawks and Bucks and Indy are in the 5-7 spots. We're talking 8 seed, the current owner of which is 35-38 (DET is 1.5 games back). It will depend entirely on whether the Heat get hot again - they'd need to go 5-4 to hit 40 wins and force DET to hit 41 wins, and that's assuming they beat DET in their next game, because otherwise DET has the tie breaker (they are 2-1 vs MIA this year) and Miami would have to go 6-3 to force DET to hit 41 to make the playoffs.
                            Miami is in Detroit tonight for what will be the game of the night.
                            Detroit aside from having to deal with getting drubbed by the dysfunctional Knicks its going to be on the SGOAB2B.
                            The Heat have to win to keep ahead of the Bulls and draw closer to the Milsap-less Hawks.
                            The Pistons playoff hopes had taps played for them with the loss to the Knicks.
                            Calling the Heat to win tonight on their way to 41 wins and either 7th or 8th.

Have to love it coming down the stretch.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              I'm actually kind of (irrationally?) worried about Milwaukee, mostly because who knows what the Greek Freak is capable of in the playoffs. I'd much rather play Indiana or Atlanta.
                              Khris Middleton is a verrry good 3 and d guy. They are good. They will be east contenders is 2 years
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Rd 1: want to play IND, DET or ATL if possible
                                Rd 2: Celtics

But can you imagine how crazy it would be if we got CLE in the 2nd rd and they couldn't get their chemistry issues together (although not bloody likely LBJ has it on his watch)? Then played the Celts and whooped them to make a Finals...I seriously think I'd faint or something lol it would be truly unbelievable just to make the Finals and think how hype this city would be.

Basketball gods it's time to make up for those decades of misery right now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X