Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference: Who's going to the playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maury wrote: View Post
    You guys are seriously underrating the knicks. I think after being overrated for so long, people are starting to underrate them. As soon as they take the ball away from Melo and put it in Drose's hands, they will be successful. I have watched many, many knick games. Kristaps Porzingis is the real deal and he has the toughness and skill to win. Derrick Rose is back, and he needs the keys to the offense. The knicks have played really well when Derrick gets the ball and can go downhill and attack without having to worry about keeping Melo involved. I can see them finishing as high as the 3rd seed, but I'm guessing they will be in the 4-6 range. All I can say is they aren't a team you want to play in the playoffs.
    They are hanging around... telling stretch coming up though.... not that its a killer sched but its against teams they are going to have win against to make the dance..and they have to cope with 3 b2b's and in one of those b2b's is sandwhiched into a 3 games in 4 nights stretch. Tough stretch from the schedule maker.

If they can go 6 and 4 then you have to start liking the the Knicks chances to get in... 5 and 5 not much changes for them as they are still on the bubble with the Bucks and Hawks and Pacers and Wizards
    but
    If they go 4 and 6 or a catastrophic 3 and 7 the Knicks wouldn't merit as much support as you give them. ...

The Next 10 for the men from Gotham..

Atlanta on the road.
    New Orleans home and away
    Bucks home and away
    Orlando at home and Philly away
    Houston on the road
    Bulls at home...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 26, 2016, 04:23 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Gotta play both ends and the Knicks have shown little ability to defend at a playoff level. People here complain about our middling 104.5 DRTG, Zinger's 106.5 DTRG is best among the starters and only 1 rotation player better than 105.9. The lack of respect for the Knicks will stay well deserved unless they dramatically improve their D.
      I'm no way saying they are a super team. I understand their defensive woes as well, but they are improving slightly on that end. The big difference maker here is they can outscore teams if they run their offence the right way. I truly believe if they could trade Carmelo for a 3 and D big wing, they would be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I truly believe if they could trade Carmelo for a 3 and D big wing, they would be very good.
        That's never going to happen, no matter how many toxic quotes Phil Jackson makes about Melo, he has no trade clause and likely want to stay in New York a while longer.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
          That's never going to happen, no matter how many toxic quotes Phil Jackson makes about Melo, he has no trade clause and likely want to stay in New York a while longer.
          It probably won't happen. But you never know, maybe a team like the clippers would want a guy like him. It's a trade I could see doc making.

Comment

It probably won't happen. But you never know, maybe a team like the clippers would want a guy like him. It's a trade I could see doc making.

What would the Knicks get from the Clips in this trade?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

What would the Knicks get from the Clips in this trade?
              No idea. Probably a 3 team trade, but the clips have expressed interest in Rudy before so they do want that kind of player. If melo wanted to go play with cp3 then maybe they would get it done.

Comment

No idea. Probably a 3 team trade, but the clips have expressed interest in Rudy before so they do want that kind of player. If melo wanted to go play with cp3 then maybe they would get it done.

The reason I asked is that the Clippers really don't have trade chips. Stars, scrubs and already owe multiple 1st rounders.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The reason I asked is that the Clippers really don't have trade chips. Stars, scrubs and already owe multiple 1st rounders.
                  Maybe a blockbuster trade centred around Blake Griffin. If the clips play well without him they may think about moving him before he hits the open market and demands a max contract.

Comment

tough trade to make even if new york centric carmello agrees to waive his no trade..
                    He makes 25M... so who ever is coming back from the clips has to be making max moneyish ...

Paul makes 22
                    Griffin makes 20
                    Jordan makes 20....

assume they stay or why would carmelo agree to go ..... maybe griffin for a change of pace for the clips but think PF is the zingers best spot
                    So that means its austin rivers and jamal crawford and draft picks... which is likely not nearly enough for NY to even take the phone call...
                    agree that the knicks could use someone to grow with zinger ... besides the clips... anyone you have in mind ?
                    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      tough trade to make even if new york centric carmello agrees to waive his no trade..
                      He makes 25M... so who ever is coming back from the clips has to be making max moneyish ...

Paul makes 22
                      Griffin makes 20
                      Jordan makes 20....

assume they stay or why would carmelo agree to go ..... maybe griffin for a change of pace for the clips but think PF is the zingers best spot
                      So that means its austin rivers and jamal crawford and draft picks... which is likely not nearly enough for NY to even take the phone call...
                      agree that the knicks could use someone to grow with zinger ... besides the clips... anyone you have in mind ?
                      I think the clippers are the best trade partners for the Knicks, but I could see Danny Ainge pulling the trigger for his start. Jae Crowder would be a great fit in New York. Add in Jaylen brown or one of the great point guards the celtics have and it's possible. I don't think it's a very good trade for the celtics tho so I don't see them doing this.

Comment

Melo has a no trade clause and a heavy investment in staying in NY. There's pretty much zero chance of him ever getting traded.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Melo has a no trade clause and a heavy investment in staying in NY. There's pretty much zero chance of him ever getting traded.
                          Um.. ?

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Um.. ?
                            His wife is from NY and it was a big reason quoted for him forcing his way there originally then signing there long term.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              His wife is from NY and it was a big reason quoted for him forcing his way there originally then signing there long term.
                              Poor guy. Can't wait for the No Rings 2.0 ad featuring Melo

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Post Christmas and 4.5 games separates 3rd from 12th... To say its still wide open on who makes the post season is an understatement.

On tonights docket are some pretty great games...

Bucks n Whiz in DC... 7 vs 9... Might be the best game of the night. If the Whiz want to be taken seriously these are the games they HAVE to win. The Bucks have a huge advantage in the frontcourt which is mitigaged by the Whizs backcourt. Its a guards league according to Jack so look for the Whiz to climb up another rung .

Memphis at the Magicians. A magic win would be outta left field but if they do they move up from 12 to 9/10 depending on other outcomes. Tall order but they are at home.

Cleveland at Detroit Detroit is reeling. The Cavs just made a statement against the Warriors and spent a lot of physical and emotional energy doing it. Its a back to back and the Cavs just might rest one of Lebron or Irving.. If they rest Kyrie Cavs still have enough... If they rest Lebron the Pistons could steal one.

Indy at the Bulls Jalen's team, on their meandering route to second best in the east, have lost 6 of their last 7. Indy looked bad.... real bad in their last game at home against the Leprechauns after they lost to the Knicks the night before. Two pretty desperate teams looking to stop the bleeding. In the tourniquet game of the night... take the Pacers. They can at least shoot the ball.

Atlanta and Minny Can the Hawks buck the trend and shake off the Dwight effect to make the playoffs with a win in Minny tonight against the fast sinking Timberpuppies who are now tied for last in the West. This is a tossup as its a roadie for the Hawks... but the Pups despite all that talent... just suck when it comes to being able to win games. Hawks keep pace in the race.
                                After these outcomes the race tightens up even more...
                                Now only 2 games... two ! separate 6th to 12th...

Only one game on the docket with Eastern implications tonight...as the Grizz venture into Boston.

A Boston win creates a little more separation between themselves and the BobHornetCats from Charlotte for 3rd. A loss puts them back into a virtual tie with Charlotte. Pretty much everyone is ready to go for Boston. They have won 5 of their last 6. Memphis has Mike Conley on the limp and he likely won't be able to go tonight. Memphis got flat ass embarrassed in Orlando the other night and they coughed one up against the Celts a week or so ago they had won. Memphis should be ready to go.

So... do Gasol and and Randolph and Allen control the pace and score inside and make the Celts play a game style they can't win or will Thomas and Horford dictate pace ?
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X