Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Ouch. You definitely win...or lose..just ouch
    Thankfully, I had the game on DVR, since I suspected that would happen.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
      I think my family takes the blue ribbon for disinterest in sports. Was over at my brothers' house, along with my parents, during the 2010 Olympics. That day happened to be the gold medal hockey game (you know, the Crosby OT goal), and I spent the afternoon in my brothers' living room (which had no TV) discussing various topics, but not once did the Olympics etc. come up.

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        I think my family takes the blue ribbon for disinterest in sports. Was over at my brothers' house, along with my parents, during the 2010 Olympics. That day happened to be the gold medal hockey game (you know, the Crosby OT goal), and I spent the afternoon in my brothers' living room (which had no TV) discussing various topics, but not once did the Olympics etc. come up.
        An ex-girlfriend had a brother who hated 'sportsball' as he called it and refused to even have a tv on at any family events. I remember sneaking out with his dad after dinner 'for a smoke' and walking over to the local pub to watch the World Series (dad was a big baseball nut). Longest cigarette break I've ever had.....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          An ex-girlfriend had a brother who hated 'sportsball' as he called it and refused to even have a tv on at any family events. I remember sneaking out with his dad after dinner 'for a smoke' and walking over to the local pub to watch the World Series (dad was a big baseball nut). Longest cigarette break I've ever had.....
          Honestly. Who doesn't like watching sports. I don't get it.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Even for some good background fodder. It's just good entertainment. My parties will always have a TV or two on with live sports.

Comment

Lots of people.

It's the preventing people from watching thing that bugs me. Super controlling behaviour. Wouldn't visit anyone like that, even if they were related.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

My guess is people who were picked on in grade school for sucking at sports, and that resentment has lingered through adulthood.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Lots of people.

It's the preventing people from watching thing that bugs me. Super controlling behaviour. Wouldn't visit anyone like that, even if they were related.
                  I can relate to the controlling behaviour. I don't care how much my guests love the Kardashians. It won't be allowed on my TVs.

Comment

On his most recent podcast with Windhorst, Zach Lowe went on a short rant about the NBA giving the Raptors a home Christmas game next year because they're on awesome team (if the Raptors keep Kyle Lowry).

Of course he's a little biased because he spends his Christmas in Toronto because of his wife's family, but still nice to hear. (and like some families here, he also gives no fucks about hockey.)
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      On his most recent podcast with Windhorst, Zach Lowe went on a short rant about the NBA giving the Raptors a home Christmas game next year because they're on awesome team (if the Raptors keep Kyle Lowry).

Of course he's a little biased because he spends his Christmas in Toronto because of his wife's family, but still nice to hear. (and like some families here, he also gives no fucks about hockey.)
                      I actually listened to that podcast. When Windhorst said he would like to write a movie about the new CBA and Lowe replied with a "who would want to see that?", my 1st thought was "I know someone!".

Good morning DanH!
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        I actually listened to that podcast. When Windhorst said he would like to write a movie about the new CBA and Lowe replied with a "who would want to see that?", my 1st thought was "I know someone!".

Good morning DanH!
                        hahaha DanH would be first in line with an Xlarge popcorn
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Here's wishing all Raptors Republic content contributors, forum posters, and yes, the lurkers a happy holiday season. Drive safely, enjoy your time with family (even though some may drive you nuts), and remember, that regardless of what they did, or didn't do, there's really no benefit to being angry at the clueless, @#$#$ idiot - errr, person, in front of you, either on the roads, or in the stores.

Comment

Working...
                          X