Christmas Day Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocwell wrote: View Post
    It's like a slap in the face when you have to work on the Boxing Day... Not fun.
    Is there a shittier holiday than Boxing Day?
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Family Day

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Family Day
        True. The holiday that a huge amount of people who work still have to work (the employer will give you a day off at some other point to fulfill their obligation), but their kids have the day off school.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

No idea, my Boxing Days always look like this tho...

Comment

You mean the day you're hungover but still off work, it gets quieter with good movies, sports on tv? Mix in a few more drinks with the relatives still kickin around? Oh, and leftover turkey buns??

Yeah, pretty much every holiday is not as good as boxing day. Boxing day is the reason it's a 4 day weekend! The reason we have the 27th off randomly! I will stand and fight for boxing day!

Christmas eve is your too perky mother in law! Christmas is your overbearing mother! New years eve is your bad influence friend! New years day is your annoyingly perfect friend! But boxing day..boxing day is your cool ass uncle!

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Come on dude! Christmas Day games are fun! Well, at least it's a tradition for me. My fam always watch NBA games during Christmas party. (Not really surprising tbh..My dad is crazy basketball fan + Raps season ticket holder since.. '99 lol.)

I'm still in the UK though... My mates hate basketball, but missus loves it. So here's to really great games on Christmas Day!
              I'm with KC, I don't really care anymore. While it would be great and all, I'm all over the place that day visiting different cities and houses that I likely wouldn't be able to watch it in peace. Nobody in my family watches ball, that includes 4 brothers-in-law, and even if I did have it on they'd all be like "Oh come on, can't you just miss one game?". I'd be like "hell no, this is the one game EVERYONE is watching". Seriously people, I ask to be left alone during my Raps games which takes up about 205 hours every year for the regular season. Is that too much to ask out of 8760 hours in a year(excluding leap years)? 2.3% of my life is not too much to ask for some ME TIME! *end rant

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                You mean the day you're hungover but still off work, it gets quieter with good movies, sports on tv? Mix in a few more drinks with the relatives still kickin around? Oh, and leftover turkey buns??

Yeah, pretty much every holiday is not as good as boxing day. Boxing day is the reason it's a 4 day weekend! The reason we have the 27th off randomly! I will stand and fight for boxing day!

Christmas eve is your too perky mother in law! Christmas is your overbearing mother! New years eve is your bad influence friend! New years day is your annoyingly perfect friend! But boxing day..boxing day is your cool ass uncle!

Unless you made plans with your wife's family without realizing your Dallas Cowboys play a very meaningful game that night. Then it fucking blows and you're looking for any excuse to slip out of an already-paid-for-by-them $100/ticket dinner party. FML.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  Unless you made plans with your wife's family without realizing your Dallas Cowboys play a very meaningful game that night. Then it fucking blows and you're looking for any excuse to slip out of an already-paid-for-by-them $100/ticket dinner party. FML.
                  I'm just sayin..

Comment

I'm with KC, I don't really care anymore. While it would be great and all, I'm all over the place that day visiting different cities and houses that I likely wouldn't be able to watch it in peace. Nobody in my family watches ball, that includes 4 brothers-in-law, and even if I did have it on they'd all be like "Oh come on, can't you just miss one game?". I'd be like "hell no, this is the one game EVERYONE is watching". Seriously people, I ask to be left alone during my Raps games which takes up about 205 hours every year for the regular season. Is that too much to ask out of 8760 hours in a year(excluding leap years)? 2.3% of my life is not too much to ask for some ME TIME! *end rant
                    Same here. Family I'm with on Christmas day have no interest in NBA basketball, I never watch the games live but sometimes catch up on the good ones later.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

..and then sometimes, boxing day is your annoying old lady. Lol

Comment

I'm just sayin..

Them: "Turn it off and talk to us!"

Me: "Yea it's a great game, all tied up with 4 minutes to go. Someone pass me another Bud!"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Same here. Family I'm with on Christmas day have no interest in NBA basketball, I never watch the games live but sometimes catch up on the good ones later.
                          We're (I'm assuming) Canadians, it's rare to have family that gives 2 shits about basketball. People in mine are like "oh shit world Junior hockey boxing day" and I'm like "uh lowry v Lillard in portland" and they're all like what...

That's why I love RR. I have many friends that love sports, but their basketball knowledge basically extends to the tsn sportscentre clips in between nhl and nfl

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            We're (I'm assuming) Canadians, it's rare to have family that gives 2 shits about basketball. People in mine are like "oh shit world Junior hockey boxing day" and I'm like "uh lowry v Lillard in portland" and they're all like what...

That's why I love RR. I have many friends that love sports, but their basketball knowledge basically extends to the tsn sportscentre clips in between nhl and nfl
                            I think my family takes the blue ribbon for disinterest in sports. Was over at my brothers' house, along with my parents, during the 2010 Olympics. That day happened to be the gold medal hockey game (you know, the Crosby OT goal), and I spent the afternoon in my brothers' living room (which had no TV) discussing various topics, but not once did the Olympics etc. come up.

Comment

I think my family takes the blue ribbon for disinterest in sports. Was over at my brothers' house, along with my parents, during the 2010 Olympics. That day happened to be the gold medal hockey game (you know, the Crosby OT goal), and I spent the afternoon in my brothers' living room (which had no TV) discussing various topics, but not once did the Olympics etc. come up.
                              Lol... so weird man!

Comment

Ouch. You definitely win...or lose..just ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X